Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover [Faith & Monica]

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover [Faith & Monica]  - Page 2 Empty Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover [Faith & Monica]

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Setting
    My personality defines me. People stereotype me for something that I am not. Liking to play guitar, read, and cook, I am not what I look like. Neither are you, but I don’t know that yet.

You, like your entire family has been blessed with one power each. All of them are different, and all of them have been used for different things. Your brother has used his power to cheat on tests at school, and your father uses his power to get a good job in the higher up levels of his job. Whether it be for good or evil is for each person to decide.

Your mother and my own have been friends since grade school.Since she passed away, my father has started to drink, and abuse me. My Aunt thought it would be a good idea to join you at your house until my father is done with his drinking (Even though she doesn't know how untrustworthy I am of Males now) It’s all for safety or something is what she says.

The house is fairly large. (We're in the future) Large two story house with dark curtains and bright paint. It pretty much had anything we would need. (Of course it’s not amazing)

We have never met, but at our first impressions we hate each other. Will we become friends? Or will we still hate each other?
    Anonymous

Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover [Faith & Monica]  - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover [Faith & Monica]

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:56 pm

ooc-Don't hesitate to ask for tips are well anything. It's always a pleasure to help.

IC-She paused and nodded, "Earlier...I'm sorry I may have come out...indifferent." She said facing her for a bit before she turned and walked away locking herself up in her room. She wasn't sure how long this girl was staying, nor the reason. She hadn't bothered asking her mother nor was interested. It bothered her sometimes when her mother would be persistant over someone.

Roger had his big surround system plugged into his PC. The noises were various sound effects. From sirens, street cars to shot guns and chopper, to more random sounds of explosives. He liked it like that. It soothed him. From his room he could smell his mother's biscotti's and he grinned to himself.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover [Faith & Monica]  - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover [Faith & Monica]

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:10 am

I nodded quickly as she turned and walked from the room. I heard the soft sound of the door shuting before I walked to the door myself. I pulled it to with a small sigh.

I had no reason to be angry with the girl, but I felt that she was, in a way, harboring a small hint of harsh nature behind her eyes. I shook away the thought as I forced the hair behind my shoulders.

I turned in an instant and walked to the bed. My eyes shifted across the room and I couldn't keep the hint of a smile form my lips as I waited. There was a sigh before I continued over the neat sheets and onto the opposite side of the bed, where my pack lay.

One book stood out to me as I pulled the small string to let it from it's taut fashion. I pulled my shoes off as I pulled the light brown hardback book from my pack. I loked at the front a moment, reveling the thoughts and pictures that had been drawn in my mind for the many occasions I read this book.

"Climbing the Stairs" By:Padma Venkatraman the front cover read. I leaned back, letting my spine fall in place with the headboard of the bed as I looked over the book before pulling it open to the front page. Now, I could be lost in bliss until I was called for other duties.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:17 am

Maybe an hour or two may have gone by till Monica's mother knocked on Faith's door.

Roger thought it was good timing to head down towards the kitchen but went on a sudden hault when he noticed his mother's knowingly glare. "Ello Mum. Just passin' by yanno." He flashed her a grin.
    "Run along, I'll call you soon for the biscotti's" She told him.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:21 am

I looked up from the book, having been lost in such another world. My eyes graced the room before I found the bookmark placed delicately in the back of the book. I looked it over before placing it in between the two pages in which I was reading.

I pulled myself off the bed and hurriedly started putting on my shoes. They spoke of making myself at home, but I still felt it rude to walk anywhere in the house without shoes. I even did such things at my own home.

I stood in a silence that made me think that whoever was at the door had passed on. I shook my head, walking to the door and opening it anyway. Why not explore the rest of the house if I wasn't being called downstairs.

The smile that had escaped my lips pulled into its place, small and subtle as I pulled open the door. The jacket which had fallen off my shoulders was replaced as I zipped it halfway. My eyes flicked up a moment before came to speak.

"Hello" The words were simple as I waited. She seemed to be turned toward someone I could not see, and I assumed I should at least let her know I had opened the door and was ready to be adressed when she was done speaking with whomever she was addressing..

ooc- I do aplogize for last night... I lost power to the house again and the darned electric company didn't get back until after three in the morning, and by then I was tired.

Last edited by FaithWynters on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:42 am

ooc-Wow 3 am xD nice service. I must say the last paragraph did confuse me... o-O The mother and Roger are still standing outside.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:57 am

ooc- Gah, I'm sorry. I was using word to spell check and somehow my paragraphs got a little frazzled. Sorry Dx I think I fixed it... It's like early for me here and my brain isn't working at a proper capacity.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:13 pm

ooc- Alright xD hmm what time you got now? By the way Rogers Bio I still need to type it up. Will do so today xD as for mothers nane ahhh i don't know yet but her character resembles my actual mom xD

IC-She heard that Faith answered the door, "Why hello." She smiled, already facing her but quickly turned towards Roger who was already heading of, "Now that you're around come and meet our guest." She ordered. Roger stepped right next to her. He was taller than her by four inches so far. He was just a freshman. His cool grey eyes seemed to have twinkled and a broad smile formed on his face. "Greetings guest." He said cheerfully.
    "Faith this is my son Roger." She introduced him.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:50 pm

ooc- It's like 11:45 and I'm still constantly loosing net DX
    For the mom I can just use pronouns until something pops :p
    bic

There was another smile as she turned toward me, having finnished talking to whomever she had been addressing beforehand. I nodded slowly as she quickly turned, telling someone to come closer. I assumed it was someone I had not met before, never in my life, therefore I pulled on the faintest of smiles. If anything, I didn't want a first impression to be too happy, of course, some happiness was a given.

I nodded as he spoke before the name slipped from her lips.
    "It's a pleasure to meet you Roger." I nodded, trying to keep from letting a grimace cross my face. In actuality, meeting new people weren't always on my list of want-to's.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:56 pm

"The pleasure is all mine." He winked at her and then looked at his Mom who had an eyebrow raised up. "Biscotti's?" She nodded her head, and faced Faith once again. "Tell Monica to come on out and meet you in the kitchen." She said before she headed off behind Roger who swiftly without notice had been on his way towards the kitchen.

ooc- Same time as me o-O
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:04 pm

His words graced my ears and cheeks with a flush of light pink as I gave a nod. I wasn't used to actions like that. I was usually stuck in my room, or my face stuck in a book. I sighed quietly, almost silently to myself as I ran a hand through my hair.

I gave another nod, the words, "Can do" escaping my lips as I started to the girl, Monica's room. I nodded slowly as I grew in crouage. I wrapped an arm around my waist, knocking lightly on the door.
    "Monica?" The word was light as I graced the wood with my knuckles. I really didn't want to disturb er if she was writing or watching a movie, but I would do as told. I sighed quietly before reaching for the doorknob, ready to open the door if she spoke of coming inside.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:22 pm

ooc-Roger bio on sig! Very Happy

Behind the door Monica heard a soft knock and what sounded to be Faith's voice calling her. Her was set aside notebook and her pen stopped moving on it's own and laid over the notebook. She sat up and cleared her throat. "Come on in."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:35 pm

I heard the sound of shuffling before I heard the words through the door. I nodded quietly, tightening my grip on the doorknob. I shook my head a moment before turning the knob. I let the door open about halfway before I walked inside.

"You're mother said to come down to the kitchen for...Biscotti" I wasn't sure if I was even pronouncing the name coreectly. This was probably the first time I had heard such a term, but I still kept quiet. I looked up, the small smile on my lips as I ran my arms around my frontside. I nodded quietly taking a step out of the room, and waiting for a responce.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:31 am

Monica saw the girl. It was funny or more like weird seeing her with such a look be so shy. Well that was the impression she was getting atleast. Monica got up, "And Roger?" She asked hoping she didn't have to go call him as she stood up, put her stuff away and headed to the door next to Faith.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:54 am

I looked up as she spoke of the boy. I turned my head a moment before giving a light cough.

"Your brother slipped off before I noticed which direction he had gone. He is quite the... Character" I spoke, trying not to offend anyone with my words as I took another step back to give the girl room to move, to breath.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:34 am

"Oh I bet he rushed off to the kitchen. Typical." She said as she passed by Faith and headed down towards the kitchen where both her mother Louise and Roger were at. Louise had already set the biscotti's out on the tray and slapped Rogers hand since he was trying to reach out for the cookie. "Oh mum...."
    "Be patient boy. Oh they are here! Milk or coffee, girls?" She asked when she spotted Faith and Monica.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:43 am

I watched as the girl passed by me. I nodded with her words, making sure to keep quiet as I followed her downstairs to the kitchen where we were expected.

I was silent behind Monica as I watched the happenings of the kitchen. I sighed quietly, looking up when she spoke.

"Coffee is fine" I answered in a timid voice, knowing I probably should have waited for Monica to answer first.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:56 am

Monica took a seat on a stool where the counter island was. The kitchen was very spacious. The sort of housewife dream kitchen. Counters, bar counter, island counter, big spacy cabinets top and bottom, huge fridge, stove and oven. Microwave above counter, big toaster oven, a mini industrial coffee maker...just to name a few things. Dark marble counter and nice wooden furnitures. Monica looked at her mother. "You know I eat those with milk."
    Louise was pouring coffee in a mug and handing it over to Faith. She set the milk and sugar in the middle. Roger already helped himself with a biscotti. "Faith, have you ever tried these before?" Louise asked.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:33 am

Naturally, I followed Monica. Taking the seeat next to her, I only hoped she didn't mind. I took in a short breath as I listened to them converse, and watched the goings on in such a marvelous place.

It had always been my dream to be able to love someplace that was so spacious, and decadent that you only saw them in the Good Housekeepers Magazine. I looked up quietly as the coffee was pushed infront of me.

I gave a smile as I looked around the room. I looked back with the question and I shook my head lightly.
    "I haven't have the pleasure of trying something like this before. Something new is always fun though" I have a nod, taking a light sip of my coffee. I was stupid, and let it burn my tongue, but I ignored the feeling and continued on.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:44 am

"They are orgasmic!" Roger said as he munched away. Monica rolled her eyes at him but laughed lightly. He got a slight glare from his mom but later she faced Faith, "They are italian treats. An old family recipe with almond extract. Sometimes I add dry fruits, or chocolate or mix. These are just with sliced almonds. Your mother used to love them, but her favorite were the mixed ones." She smiled.
    Roger sipped at his milk, "So Faith, how long you recon to stay?"

ooc- They'll be going to school together or what o-o?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:53 am

I looked toward Roger as he spoke, giving a small smile at his humor. Usually I was the same way, but I didn't feel like getting kicked out as soon as I got here. By the way she looked at him, it was askew to her thought as it was with my mother.

I nodded with her explaination of the treat that was now on a plate, being examined by my eye a bit. I took one into my hand as Roger spoke. I sighed lightly, looking up.

"Um, My aunt did not discuss with me the time I will be staying. I wouldn't want to step on your hospitality though..." I trailed off lightly, looking up. I was unsure exactly when I was leaving, that was a truth. I shook my head a moment before taking a bite of the cookie.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:05 pm

"You are more than welcomed to stay as long as you'd like. Your mother was like a sister to me..." She smiled some more. "We always would talk how we'd raise our children together..." She looked at Monica and Faith, "For some reason we took different roads..." 'I married Thomas....' She thought to herself. She seemed to be lost in her own thoughts now.
    "Yaa waa mum sad. Staay ong as you eed." Roger said.
    "Can't you at least swallow first?" Monica said shaking her head but hiding a smile.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:37 pm

I nodded quietly to myself as I looked around the room as I nibble on my cookie until it was gone. I took in a deep breath after swallowing, nodding quietly.

"I wish I could make up for your hospitality. You've done so much by just offering me an escape" I smiled quietly, shaking my head as I took in adeep breath. It keeps me from him, I'm happy. The thought rang through my head as I looked up, taking a light breath through my nose. I smled quietly a moment before nodding to Roger and Monica.
    "Thank you, both of you" I smiled quietly.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:47 pm

"Manners Roger." She said sternly. "Feel free to grab more Faith and Roger last one. I need to go do errands so make yourself at home, you are one of us while you stay."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:54 pm

I smiled lightly, nodding as I kept my mouth closed. I didn't want to take things if others that actually lived here wanted them. I took in a deep breath before finnishing off my coffe, and getting the last of the cookie out of my mouth.

"Thank you" I murmured quietly as I watched everyone once again.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:19 pm

"You are very welcomed." She took her purse that she had on the counter and left.
    "I'll be doing the usual." Roger said before leaving.
    It was only Monica and Faith.
    "You don't have to be so shy you know?" Monica said casually.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:25 pm