Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

5 posters

vampire roleplay

Anonymous

Read Me vampire roleplay

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Once Ibuild my bio for this sort I'll join
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Read Me Re: vampire roleplay

Post by Murdoch Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Sabre watches as the CCTV images flicker between cameras. The other cameras remain in the corners or around the sides of the screens, but they take turns in being the main image. It’s then that he catches sight of something, something in the corner of one of the screens. Tapping away on the keyboard linked up to the CCTV, he brings up that image. He’s set up cameras around town, particularly in busy areas, to keep an eye on what the Moonstone Leeches are doing, and it looks like one of them has picked up activity.

Zooming in on the image, he sees that it’s one of the cameras set up outside a particularly popular café, one that Sabre has suspected of being a nest for the aristocracy for a while. It appears, from the hazy images coming through, that a commotion is rising in the café. It appears that the Vampires are butchering all the humans inside…if he didn’t know better, he would say they were trying to draw him out.

Well, now he knows it’s a trap, he can spring it with superior planning. For instance, they’ll be expecting him to come in from the front entrance, most likely, and he has several other routes available to him. He’ll have to clear out the catacombs, certainly, but he has an idea how to get in. The sewers that connect to his hideout run all throughout the city, and he knows them like the back of his hand. If he can sneak close enough, his frontal assault should surprise them long enough for him to then storm the sanctum beneath the store.

Checking that he has his new prototypes- this will be a good road test for them- he exits and locks his research room after taking down the details of which camera it was. Moving to his ammo lockers, he reloads and restocks on bullets, putting them in their various homes on his person. He checks his gun and holsters it.
    His sword already in its sheath on his back, he checks his other weapons; his silver throwing knives are all there, ready for use, as are his wrist mounted blades. He tests out his boot-blades, and smiles grimly. They won’t know what hit them. By the camera’s readings, there are six or seven there, so there are likely more waiting in ambush. He’d estimate about twenty, more or less, and he relishes the challenge. The most fully charged vampires he’s fought in a while; he’s fought more, but that was a while ago. They seem to be getting sluggish recently.

Descending the stairs rapidly, he moves to the middle of his warehouse, where the manhole cover is. Typing in the code on his finger-scanner-keypad nearby, he unlocks the manhole cover and moves over to climb down. He replaces the cover once he’s down, and the lock replaces. The air is noticeably staler, and the surroundings are a lot darker down here.
    Reaching the bottom of the ladder, he unlocks the security door and moves through it, locking it after him. He isn’t worried about break ins; the only way the Vampires could try to get in would be by blowing the security keypad, and he designed it so that, if done from the outside, it would seal the door. That is a mistake that many villains seem to make, and Sabre isn’t about to do the same.

Turning, he stalks off past his many traps and contraptions, off through the ankle-high sewage water. Some UV lights line the ceiling- his addition- but they remain off, the speckled sunlight filtering through the holes in the floor above enough to keep any sunlight-vulnerable Vampires out. He should be at the café pretty soon.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Waiting, was by far the hardest part. I had to watch everyone that passed, everyone that took too long of a glance. No one had any idea what this guy.. or girl, looked like. How tall, hair colour, hair style, face, body structure, NOTHING. I was going out on luck in hopes this little stunt would piss him off enough to get his rear down here and take care of it. So we had to sacrifice a couple Moonstones? Big whoop, it was worth meeting our guest and finding as much about him as possible. I wasn't here to kill him, just get some information, the killing would be done much later, if at all. This being of course that he can handle the 20 or so strong Vampires that stood beneath my feet, not expecting their next visitor. Rougues, always such a handful, if he was one at all. We suspected he was, but I doubt Adam would be sending one man out to do his work.
    The wind blew at my coat, exposing a bit of my face and I could feel the sting. I'd been out much too long without something to cool down the effect of the UV rays, and sadly I couldn't leave to feed at this point. I knelt down to the ground, using the large coat to cover my whole body as I took out a flask from my back belt, pouring a decent amount of stores blood down my throat - It wasn't much, but it would surfice for now. I stood back up, tossing the flask and whipping my lips, feeling the scar on my lip begining to fade. One good feeding and it would disapear, like every injurie. Yes, after this, I'd go for a good hunt somewhere outside town, the woods maybe in one of those quiet cabins people always go to. There was plenty of shade, and it wouldn't attract TOO much attention.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:33 pm

And then, Sabre arrives. He stands at the bottom of the ladder that will lead to the manhole that lies in the alley next to the Café that is under attack from the Vampires. Climbing as quietly as he can, he reaches up and slowly lifts the manhole cover up a few inches, sliding it to the side almost silently. Raising himself so that only his eyes are above the floor level, he scans the area. No Vampires covering this area…good.

Climbing up the whole way, unholstering his gun as he does so, he immediately sticks to the wall. Sliding along the wall, he approaches the corner of the Café.
    Of course, the Vampires would expect him to take the front entrance. That’s what anyone not expecting a trap would do. However, he is expecting a trap, so he goes the opposite way. Every Café has a back door, even the Vampire Safehouses, and that means a weak point if not considered.

Sliding along the wall to the back door, he stands up briefly, inspecting the back room. Only two Vampires in there, stooping over what Sabre assumes is a dead or dying human, probably the cook. They aren’t paying any attention to the door, and Sabre can’t detect any more in that room.
    Opening the door quietly, he slips inside with barely a noise. He could dispatch the Vampires here with a shot from his pistol, but that would make too much noise.

Drawing a pair of knives from his belt, he throws them expertly across the room, both of them burying themselves in the back of the targets necks. They turn to ash where they crouch without a sound. Two down, twenty to go.

He turns around just as the door swings open, and a tall man with messy blonde hair and blue eyes steps through. Blood is streaked on his chin, and his suit is slightly crumpled. He takes in the scene immediately, and opens his mouth in a snarl.
    At which point, Sabre has already drawn his gun. He fires once at the Vampire, reducing him to ash. So much for stealth; he can already hear the Vampires in the other room mobilizing. Another Vampire- the fourth one so far- rushes through the still swinging door and rushes straight at Sabre. Blocking a pair of punches to the head, Sabre pistol whips him, forcing the Vampire to stagger back. Twisting around on the spot, he delivers a crushing spin kick to the chest, sending the Vampire crashing back through the door. Following after him, Sabre empties a bullet into the Vampires head, reducing him to ash.

He looks up in time to spot a trio of Vampires headed straight for him, murder in their vicious eyes. All three are wearing jeans and T-shirt, looking about twenty years old ish. They all have fresh blood streaking their faces around their mouths.
    Sabre delivers a kick to the knee to the first one, forcing him onto the ground. He flicks out the toe blade and follows up the blow with a silver-dagger to the head. Twisting, he delivers a similar strike to the second ones shoulder, dusting him, and a powerful push-kick to the third, sending him crashing through the window and into direct sunlight, reducing him to ash as well.

Spinning round, he performs two perfect spin kicks to the head to two Vampires- who tried to sneak up on him- dusting one of them with the same silver blade in his boot. The other one tries again, only to have a devastating blow to the knee, followed by an uppercut with the wrist-mounted silver blade. Spinning underneath a punch by another Vampire, he brings his leg round and sweeps the Vampires leg out from under him, sending him crashing to the floor. As he comes up, he performs a rising axe kick to the head of another vampire, jumping in the air and bringing his other leg down, crushing the first downed Vampires head, reducing both of them to a pile of dust.

Blocking another Vampires punch, he pushes the hand away, punching him in the gut with his blade, before spinning around and pulling out his gun with inhuman speed, burying a round in a fleeing vampires skull. He hears something behind him, and ducks just as a chair goes whizzing over his head, spinning round to meet a kick from another assailant, kicking his legs out from under him and sending him crashing to the ground. Before he can finish him off, however, another Vampire tackles him from the side, sending them both to the ground. They struggle for a few moments before Sabre manages to pull one of his daggers and bury it in the Vampires neck. The Vampire screeches as it dissolves, and Sabre springs to his feet instantly, throwing the dagger he just used at the Vampire he had downed a second ago, now intent on trying to reach a door in the far wall.

Two Vampires come at him at once now, one throwing a punch before the other. Catching the first punch, Sabre spins around beneath the second punch, grabbing that arm as well, and pulls them into each other. He lets go and kicks them away, before drawing his sword and running the two Vampires through, dusting them. Spinning round, he delivers a jumping spin kick to another Vampire, sending him crashing through the same window that was smashed earlier, resulting in his death as well.

Sabre hears a noise coming from the other side of the room, and dives behind a table just as a group of four Vampires burst out of the door that he noticed earlier- probably leading to their underground safe house- with automatic weapons. They spray the room with bullets, and Sabre counts himself lucky that they missed his hiding spot. Taking out one of his prototypes, he pushes the small red button on top of the silver orb, and rolls it out towards the group. A second later, the room flashes a mixture of white, then silver, and when vision returns, the vampires are reduced to ash.

The grenade emitted a large UV flash, followed by a large silver particle discharge. Obviously it works, and he will have to make more of those. Standing up, he cracks his neck. Now for the rest.

He walks towards the door that the last ones came from.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:44 pm

I was tired, and restless at the endless wait. Not one person had entered, or even taken a second glance at it once they saw what was behind the glass. People just began to scream and shout, running off and away as far and as fast as they could. Pour little things must have never seen blood before, or this much of it. I was about to take a seat, and sit down while watching the street, when I heard loud and clearly, a gunshot. "HOW?" I shouted out, not seeing anyone go in threw the front door. Someone was inside, and downstairs, begining the work - Let's pray it's him, and I can get a good look. I rushed off the roof and into the staircase that led to the ground level, tossing off the coat. No sun.. It felt good, nice and cool.
    I went to take a step down the stairs, but heard more movements, noises and screaches from my.. comrads downstairs. I listened, and it sounded like a God damn war going on. Oh yes, this was certaintly our guy.. girl? I didnt move, but stay at the top of the stairs and waited for silence, a sign that I could get down without being shot at or killed in some other brutal way. I most certaintly wouldn't go down like these others, but still, the possibility of me dying was.. very high, if I should get into something with this guy.. girl. I need to figure that part out. Things hit the ground, and the quiet sting of fire turning to ash - Clearly they were losing rapidly. Glass smashed and shattered, the windows must have been hit with something, most likley a body. This guy was creative to say the least. The sounds and comotion continued, he should be done soon enough.
    When it went silent, I took a step on the stair, it making a distinctive creaking sound, in which I took my foot back off it to stop the sound. "Shit." I said, and hearing it echo slightly I covered my mouth. Alright.. wait. Make sure he's completely done, but then again I didn't want to lose the chance. I should have brought back up to this. Taking a step back onto the flat floor infront of the door, I heard something toss along the floor. It sound like something had been rolling along the floor, but then it just stopped. There was a moment of silence, followed by the shrieks of Vampires burning to ash, then, nothing. Maybe he.. or she was had finally finished them off. Outstanding.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:05 am

Sabre stops briefly- he heard something coming from the other room, like a stair creaking. Someone is watching him…maybe this wasn’t a trap at all? More like a test? Well, in that case, he’s going to pass with flying colours. Turning his head back towards the door in front of him, he approaches it carefully. Reaching for the crack where the door hasn’t quite closed, he opens it, pistol trained on the entrance. Guaranteed there are more down here, so the question is, how many?

He descends the stairs slowly, making sure not to make a sound. Once he’s cleared out down here, then he’ll see if he can work on eliminating the Vampire that has decided to set this up. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, he peers through the crack as he opens the door slightly.

Three Vampires, just fresh from feeding, sit in the centre of the room. They are watching the door carefully. So, they heard. There are probably a few hiding round the corner, and they probably saw the door open slightly. Smiling, he rolls the second of his three grenades into the room. The Vampires jump up, then, but it’s too late. The Grenade explodes, showering the room with silver and UV light. When he looks again, the vampires are reduced to dust.

He enters the room cautiously, taking a good look around. It’s a large safehouse, and a posh one, but it appears all the Vampires have been emptied out. Smiling grimly, he reaches into his pack for his little presents.

Standing at the door, he surveys the room one last time. In his hand he holds a detonator, wired to several packs of C4 that he’s placed at structurally crucial points in the room. This place is going down.

Turning, he walks back up the stairs towards ground level.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:30 am

i toyed with the idea of vanishing for good some more before deciding to go and take a look around the city, i had been pestered by moon stone last night so i didn't get much of a chance, i followed the way i came and looked around it wasnt much different except for the type of people in the streets, i found the mall easily enough and , well a thought occured to me, the sunlight and never irritated me, unlike others i had met with relics that allowed them in sunlight hell i loved the sun always did, i was disrupted from my thoughts when i smelt thorn, i went looking and found her in the deepest darkest part of the mall "take this and go" i said to her handing my relic to her "its a long story but i have a good feeling that i wont be needing it anymore" i say feeling the same as i did without it
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:18 pm

The heavy footstops slowly got quieter, my guessings was he, or she had headed to the downstairs area. So what I was hearing, was the decending footsteps. Soon they faded enough that I didn't hear them at all, things were once again quiet. With as much caution as possible, I crept down 3 or 4 steps of the staircase, now at the part where it rounded the corner. I could cleary see the ground level floor, and the bottom right corner that led to the front of the store. I took a seat on the stairs, getting me a better look into the room, and giving me a better position to come off as, peaceful - For now. I looked in, and saw more then what I expected. The grounds were covered in the black ash of killed Vampires, and they slowly began to dust off as soft winds blew on them threw the shattered window. I smirked, pleased with myself that this test had gone so well. I had the most important piece of information that I needed; How strong our guest was. I kept myself seated on the staircase, where I leaned back and to the left, now being able to catch a climps of the doorframe of the door leading to downstairs. I moved until I was in a comfertble position on the stairs, just waiting for the steps to begin again. Playing to my luck, I could soon hear the footsteps coming back up the staircase, closer and closer until I could tell they were nearing the last of the steps and the door. I chuckled lightly, not seeming to loud, and began to clap. At a steady rhythm, a slow rhythm, I clapped, and it echoed heavily in the staircase. "Absolutley beautiful." I said in an average tone, but was amplified just like the clapping.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:35 pm

Sabre opens the door to a saracastic sounding applause. A girl- obviously a vampire- sits opposite the door, seemingly unphased at the dust surrounding her. He can tell just by sniffing that she's a Moonstone; different scent to the Dragon Bloods, and besides, she's in a Moonstone safehouse.

So, she's the one who orchestrated this flimsy excuse for a trap. He reaches down to his belt, taking a firm grip of the pistol. Before he dispatches her, he has a few questions.
    "So. You're the Moonstone Leech that set up this sorry excuse for a trap." Not a question.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:48 am

I smirked, then carelessly shrugged my shoulders, looking away from him, "It did it's job, I'm pleased." I stood up slowly, brushing off the dust and dirt from my pants from where I had just sat on the steps. "But I wouldn't call it a trap, more of an.. experiment. I wanted a good demonstration of just who's been causing a bit of trouble with us is all. Hunting Vampires gets yourself some attention, especially Moonstones." I paused, leaning against the wall and looking directly at him, "I must give you credit though, it was far greater of a performance then I expected. I can already tell most wont believe this story." I slowly examined the man, watching for any movements that would mean, well, that things were tensing up so to speak. He, being well equiped had a large upper hand in the situation, and I was not about to let anything happen that didn't need to.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:10 pm

His mouth quirks upwards in a tiny hint of a smirk. He knows that she's watching him much more warily then she makes out- he's faced down more Vampires then she's likely to have seen in her life- and he also knows that if he wanted to, he could move and shoot her before she had time to move. After all, his hand is still on his gun, and he has throwing knives on his person. Worst comes to worst, he can use that third grenade he has in his pouch.

He cracks his neck slowly. "Some experiment. I barely broke a sweat."
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:37 pm

I took a quick step forward, going down one step on the stairs and speaking with enthusiasm, "Exactly! A good demonstration of your capabilites and strength. To think how you'd match up against actual trained Moonstones.." I shivered as a gesture, sarcasm of course. After this, it tells me not to under estimate him. He was truly remarkable, and could be benefitial if turned to work for us. Having him simply killed was the obvious alternative, but it's easier said then done. "But here's what I DON'T know; Why do you do it? Who sent you? Perhaps you have been hired by the Dragon Bloods? I just can't seem to figure it out."
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:54 pm

Sabre sneers openly now. Trained Moonstones? He's taken out plenty of those. They are children compared to some of the Vampires he's fought around the world...ninja Vampires, Pirate Vampires...there was that Zen Master Vampire in China...now that was a close one. The Bastard moved so bloody fast!

As for why he does it...why does he? Sure, killing Vampires is a great way to stay in shape, and it's a great way to pass the time- and there's no evidence afterwards- but surely there's another reason?
    Of course there is. He disagrees wholeheartedly with the ideal that you should kill your food if it can be avoided. Sure, Humans kill cows, but there isn't really a way to eat a cow without killing it. There is a way to drink blood from a human and leave them alive. He knows its a long and futile struggle, but it makes him feel better.

And the Dragon Bloods? The Rogues? Amateurs. Claim they disagree, but they don't really do anything. If they had fifty warriors like Sabre, the war would be over in a few weeks. As it is, they don't, and Sabre doesn't see anyone in either clan who seems to want to get to that level. Pah. The Moonstones might have more skilled fighters, but they are still pathetic, most of them. Thats why he refuses to work for any clan; they're all inferior to him. At least, that's his impression.

He reaches up and adjusts his sunglasses slightly with the hand not on the pistol grip. "I work for no clan, especially not one filled with Inferior Vampires." Should he shoot her now? He can already hear the sirens in the distance; some five, ten minutes away through traffic, but it's nearing time he should be well away from here.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:34 pm

I watch as Kristie runs off to begin her assignment. This is her last chance she has to keep her post, her second last chance to live. I didn't expect Kristie to fail though. Her mission wasn't hard, and Moonstones where skilled fighters. We were tougher and more demanding than the Dragon Bloods, so even the weakest Moonstone was at least somewhat of a threat to anyone. I walked off in the distance to attend to some other business. Kristie and I would redouvouz later on.

Running to the Cafe, I gain the scent of blood thick in the air. People have died. It seems as thought Kristie has done her job. Excellent, there aren't maybe vampires like Kristie. There were sirens in the distance, meaning the police and ambulances would be coming soon, but they were still a ways away. Perhaps tonight was the night I'd discover this bastard killing our clan mates. If captured, death would be to merciful of a punishment.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:54 pm

ooc: could i get a quick vote on this people, i wanted to ask before i just done it because i didnt really want to appear as godmodding

so would you all be ok if i was able to walk in the sun without my relic, i will explain it in my post if so, just want to get the general concensus before doing or not doing it
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:58 pm

ooc: How would you do this? As I understand it, the relic is the only way you can walk in the sun without some sort of clothing to protect you...I suppose you could always use sunblock, though....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:16 pm

ooc: well i was thinking that since i had been around the relic for so long that its effect have become perminent, or something to that effect
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:21 pm

Hmm...Well, that would undermine the idea of the relics, I think, but hey; it's not my RP. See what everyone else thinks; it could be just me that thinks it's changing the rules. At the end of the day, it's your RP, dude.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:27 pm

i was thinking that way since other then ur charater i am the oldest vamp here
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:32 pm

Other then my character? I don't think I actually specified an age, lmao...
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:33 pm

ooc - I'm about as ld as you though Adam, 'bout the same age, if not older, aren't I? But I'm okay with it.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:28 pm

I smirked one more time, looking downwards before up at him. At this point, I wasn't amused, but smirking only to hide the fact I'd realised my true position - I was screwed if he tried to attack me. "Harsh words, but I assume it's not the worst I could hear from someone who hunts us." I could hear the sirens, but couldn't exactly tell how close they'd be. I could always take an escape onto the room and across the building tops, but would I be lucky enough to get to the roof without this guy shooting me in the back of the head? "It seems we've over stayed our welcome here. I plan on leaving, alive. I have no interest to fight you today, maybe tomorrow." Out of the corner of my eye, I looked to the right towards the roof door - Just run, just run.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:34 pm

As for the Relic thing.. I donno. Like, sure something that helps us go in the sun is effective, but we already can be in the sun somewhat, it just weakens us greatly. I think we should keep it at only being in the sun for a period of time, but that's just me. Again, it's your roleplay Adam, so it's your final word in the end.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:45 pm

Sabre's sneer turns into a small half-smirk as he notices her glance towards the door. So, she's realised her position at last. About time...he could kill her here without breaking a sweat. However, the sirens are getting closer- they'll be here in five minutes; did they find a shortcut?- and he really needs to be out of here before they arrive. His Vampirism protects him from the CCTV, but that doesn't mean he can get captured. He has a rule about killing Humans.

Taking a step towards the back door, he loosens his pistol in its holster. He can't turn his back; she could try something. Letting out a small, one syllable laugh, he watches her as he backs off. "You deliver a message to your sainted leader for me. You tell him it's Hunting Season on all Moonstone Motherf*****s."

With that, he backpedals out of the main room, through the kitchen and into the alley. Turning the corner, he checks he isn't being watched- he isn't- and opens the manhole. He replaces it as he drops down into he sewers below, away from any police persuit.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:26 pm

I was second in command for dragon blood but kinda forgot about this post Sad Can anybody bring me up to date?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Well, Sabre and Kristie just had a run in at a cafe where Sabre slaughtered over twenty Moonstone Vamps. Danny is on his way, as are the feds, and Sabres fled from the feds via the sewage network that runs beneath the city, leaving Kristie with a message to deliver to the Moonstone Leader. Meanwhile, Unforgiven's charactre has given "Torn" his anti-sunlight relic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:40 pm