Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+6
Burn It
Capri
Jesseses
Danny
Brandon
Howl City
10 posters

Night World Roleplay

Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Read Me Night World Roleplay

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Group Roleplay
    Night World Roleplay
    Please repost with only permission on the condition that you have to credit Earthbound, the original creator.
    This roleplay is based off the Night World series by L.J. Smith. However, I made certain changes to the plot to fit it into a roleplay format since the last novel has not been released yet.

The series presents a story in which vampires, witches, werewolves and shape-shifters live among us humans without our knowledge. These supernatural races make up a secret society known as the Night World, which enforces two fundamental laws to prevent discovery: 1) Never allow humans to gain knowledge of the Night World's existence and, 2) Never fall in love with one of them.
    That rule was broken many times when the ‘Soulmate principle’ came back. Often mentioned in the series, the soulmate principal is the theory that if two people are connected by a silver mental cord (the silver cord can only be seen by the soulmates), they are soulmates. The silver cord can also be used to sense what his/her soulmate is feeling. The soulmates are drawn to each other and can sense each other’s feelings and thoughts mentally.

Species Overview:
    Vampires: There are two types of vampires in the Night World. Lamia and ‘made vampires’. Wood and fire acts as poison to all Vampires.

Lamia: Lamia is the term in this series for those who are born as vampires. They age, eat and grow as humans do, but also have the ability to stop the aging process at any point they please; however, once a lamia that has stopped aging decides to begin aging again, the aging process will be accelerated so that their physical appearance will match their true age in a short amount of time. Also, the Lamia are able to have children, unlike the "made vampires"

Made vampires: Made vampires are humans that have been made into vampires by exchanging blood with lamia or with another made vampire. Since older people cannot survive the physical transition, all made vampires look about age nineteen or younger. Also, unlike lamia vampires, made vampires do not age, eat and cannot reproduce.

*During the blood exchange between a vampire and a human, if the human dies before the blood is completely exchanged, they will awaken as a ghoul, where their only aim in life is to kill and eat(In essence, ghouls are zombies)

Werewolves: Silver and fire acts as poison to all Werewolves. Like vampires, werewolves can be born as such and also be made. Unlike vampires, werewolves must kill every time they feed because they need to consume organs. Thus, Night World law states that werewolves can only kill and eat animals. In the Night World, werewolves are treated as second-class citizens and are the victims of prejudice and racism. Werewolves are actually a branch of Shapeshifters. However, werewolves make the majority of shapeshifters and therefore is considered a different race. They are stronger than vampires, especially on a full moon but is slower and controlled by their instincts. Werewolves often have low intelligence.

Witches: Witches practice magic with the aid of herbs, gemstones, effigies and incantations, all of which may be used in a spell. However their magic is innate and does not always require external aids, although these can accentuate their power. They most commonly use ‘witchfire’ as their primary weapon which is a fully visible, orange ball of energy that they shoot out from their hands by concentrating their magic. Witchfire, when fired is essentially a fireball that can hit objects with the force of a football player. However, witches can fire only so many of these balls. Witches do not have super-strength or super-speed and iron acts as poison in their blood.

Shapeshifters: Shapeshifters had control of the world long before witches and vampires. Their leaders were known as "Dragons", beings that could change into the form of any animal as long as they have had physical contact to that animal.To kill a dragon you must take off all of its horns. Normally shapeshifters can only change into one pre-determined animal form, such as hawks, bears and panthers. Silver acts as poison in shapeshifters.

Groups:
    Circle Daybreak: Normally, circles only consist of witches but since the apocalypse has been drawing near, circles now represent any groups of Night People. Circle Daybreak wants to bring peace between the Night People and humans and also prevent the other Night People from killing. Every witch on the planet has now joined Circle Daybreak. Meanwhile, only a fraction of vampires, werewolves have joined Circle Daybreak. Every shapeshifter, except Dragons and Werewolves have joined as well.

Circle Midnight: Wants nothing more than death of humans. Composed of the majority of Vampires and Werewolves left on Earth. Dragons, the shapeshifters that can turn into any creature they’ve had physical contact with ( animals, different human individuals, you name it) are also part of Circle Midnight. Dragons can also, incidentally shapeshift into dragons.

Circle Midnight has declared war on every human and circle daybreak and has been killing everything in sight for the past few days. The world is on a war, a war between humanity and otherworldly creatures. The Night People simply regenerate if not killed by the substance that are poisonous to them. You could shoot them with bullets and not kill them unless it’s made of wood for vampires, silver for shapeshifters, etc. Bombs have proven to be useless and only caused more human casualties.
    So join as a member of one of the two circles and join as any of the Night creatures or a human. Fight for your cause and become the last one standing!

Lamia: Evony-Circle Midnight, Edward Circle Daybreak, Kristie-Circle Midnight
    Made vampires: Danny
    Werewolves: Lupus
    Witches: Violet Circle Daybreak
    Shapeshifters:
    Dragons: Landon ( Me)Circle Midnight

Soulmates: ___ &____ are soulmates
    ___&____
    ____&___

Last edited by Howl City on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Read Me Re: Night World Roleplay

Post by Burn It Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:28 pm

That blasted child was still here, watching over the half breed like some guard dog. Look at how comfortable they both seemed staring at me, like I was no threat. Strategy is how I work. This time of course, being more complicated, but having made some ‘back up’, should help if Evony decides to remain concealed for the time being.

“Much better actually. Streets are clean of one more pest, what more could I ask for?” I say referring to the human who was no longer human. He would think I’d only killed her, and that’s all he needed to know, for now. I stopped when I was a good distance down the street, in the middle of the empty road. “Was I missed?” I asked tauntingly.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:12 pm

No you were not missed. I think to myself with a small growl; I stay in my blue orb form, had the bad lady noticed me?

I watch intently from Danny's shoulder as I wait for the one named Evony to make some
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Getting no response from Daniel, she felt Kristie coming. As she was turned to face Danny, Evony intently glared at the unknown presence.

Playing hide and go seek now are we? Show yourself.

Kristie appeared then, Evony repressed a smirk.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:34 am

The Evony girl speaks to me and asks me to show myself.
    I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request, Evony I giggle playfully, Besides I am having too much fun... More then I've had in years
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:41 pm

"Missed? Girl, your our star performer! Of course you were missed. Now, talk to me! What are we thinking? What is going through that brilliantly twisted mind?" I ask, in a fake accent. Having lived so long, I've gotten quite good at different accents. I look between Evony and Kristie, waiting for the next move. Why would she run away, then return? She has something planned!
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Pretty soon, the only people remaining around me is the witch and the werewolf has disappeared. Judging by the lack of her replies, I don't think she plans to stay with me.

"You can follow me or stay. Your choice," I tell the witch and turn my back on her, marching forward and trying my best to preserve the mystical, dark energy that fuels me.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Violet looks at him cautiously. “My I ask where you are going” she looks at the gem waiting for it to glows from the dirt. When it did, she quickly whispered a spell “Hear these words, hear my cries, spirit from the other side, come to me, I summon thee, cross now the great divide.” she was surprised that she conjured three spirits at once. They started to fly around the place. Staying close by her but hidden at the same time. She grabs her bag and follows him. “Weren’t you injured just a minute ago?” She started to wonder if she could really trust him. If things were to go wrong, she would have to use a spell to enter his mind. Violet always hated the spell. She hates invading people’s privacy.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:49 pm

"I was, but the stab through my hand jolted my emergency reserves awake and I can manage to walk, but I can't fight any better than a mundane right now though," I cursed at the vast amount of time it took to recharge my powers. "It'll take another hour or so before I can fight. I assume you have some fight in you, sorceress?" I said quite formally but agitated at the same time.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:55 pm

A large, amused smile came on my face by the many thoughts in my head. Soon, the city would be over run with Half Breeds, and fall to the Midnight’s control. Soon, these pests would be dead, but they stand there and joke like I’m in the hot spot. I closed my eyes for a moment, hearing no sounds being carried through the streets, had my abomination not made it there alive?

“Brilliant.” I said, taking one step back, but swaying it. “Maybe if you were that nice earlier, I wouldn’t have bitten you, half breed.” I said, my facial expression toning down from it’s playful.. ‘Cheeriness’. I kept my eye sight on the half breed, also gazing around only slightly in search for the child, I could feel she was here, but couldn’t see her.

“I have a newly made doing some business for me, but she’ll return with some others who I intend to turn. I’ll be taking the city with them, when I leave, direct these two away. I’ll need the time.” I sent to Evony.

“Where were we exactly?” I said aloud to who heard, my right hand behind my back now rolled up in a fist.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:03 pm

I quickly wanted to run up to Kristie, but I held my spot.

We were on the part where I mentally rape you I push the thought into her mind with a giggle.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Violet smiles “I can fight. Who said I couldn’t” she looked around the surroundings. “Just because I’m a witch doesn’t mean I’m just all spells and potions. I have been learning how to fight since I was three. My skills are sharp for someone like me” violet looks watches on of her spirit takes off. It was probably going to watch over someone she knows. She did not bother to summon it back. At least she would know what is going on. “Go look around” she whispers to the other spirits.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:10 pm

The witch mutters something, possibly a chant but I doubt she will be using a spell against me. As of now, I am her partner and if I am taken hostage, she won't feel no needs to rescue me.

Though out of power, I still have peculiar senses and I can hear over the noise of the fires, explosions and the battle the huffing and screaming of someone. Possibly the shapeshifter I created before. If the female shapeshifter I created recovers, she will likely come after me. Things keep getting worse and worse somehow.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:43 pm

One of Violet’s spirits came back to her telling her Danny is with Evony and another girl. What confused her most was that there is an orb on Danny’s shoulder. Violet watches the dragon. “Is there something wrong?” she asked looking towards the direction the spirit went to watch how things play out Danny location. She slowly turned her head to face the dragon. Does he know what is going on? What if this is a trap? She grabs another gem.

Last edited by Angel Love on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:01 pm

"Yeah, I created a shapeshifter before I ran along with the vampire and she shold be awakened into a new life by now. I'm afraid it might come after me," I tell the witch, too exhausted to argue or lie properly. Unless this witch is a fighter, I am in major trouble.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Angel glares at him “You created a shapeshifter? Is it a girl?” she asked thinking about that the spirit told her. She crosses his arm. Angel shakes her head. She knew something was up. “Where are you going? To make another thing?” Or lower me into a trap? She says in her mind.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:26 pm

You communicate with spirits well, my dear I say to the girl, a snarky laugh follows.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:42 pm

ooc- Mercy is that post for me?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:43 pm

ooc - yes
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Violet smiles. One of her spirit circles them. She had no idea how someone discovered her spirit. The spirits flies back to her. “I have my ways… I’m guessing you’re on our side, if your protecting Danny," she quietly whispers to the spirit. It flies back around Danny. She made her spirits blend in with the air, to make it unseen able.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:08 pm

"I'm sorry, I was a ruthless killer until a few hours ago. Give me a break," I eyed the witch who seemed to be lost in a train of thoughts. "I don't know what animal she's going to become so be careful for any suspicious activity. As for our destination, I have no clue. Do you?" I raised an eyebrow at the witch who still seemed as if she was no longer on planet Earth.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Angel looked at him “Don’t look at me like that” she looks around again “I have no idea. Isn’t there a destroyed bar about a mile or two from here?” Angel puts her hands in her jacket pocket.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:30 pm

"Now that you mention it, I do think I saw destroyed buildings when flying. Oh, wait, that was pretty much every building. I have no clue so let's just go to this bar of yours if you'd like," I said, frustrated and unable to control it. "Agh, sorry about that. Old habits die hard," I said and trudged off, waiting for her to start walking.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:38 pm

I do not chose sides, my dear Angel I say quietly through the spirits.

I am merely a shadow to Danny as of now. It is my duty to protect the one I shadow. This does not mean I am part of your little happy tree friend cult. I say flatly.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Angel rolls her eyes “I see” She starts to walk. The spirit one of the spirit comes back. Angel cover her mouth as if she was yawning “So you help those in need? Well from what my friends tell me. I think he might need some help. May I get a short briefing on what’s going on over there?” she whispers quietly
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:02 pm

I rolled my eyes at the message I'd recieved from that little girl. Why did she have to come into this, and cause such a mess for me? "Hiding? Are we too scared, little girl?" I said out loud in a taunting voice, trying to make her take her full form so I could see her. "But of course, you'd just blast me again, wouldn't you? Too weak to fight me properly, I understand."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:53 pm