Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

Runaway [Faith&Monica]

Al THLDI
    Al THLDI
    The Happy Latin Dutch Italian

Runaway [Faith&Monica] - Page 2 Empty Runaway [Faith&Monica]

Post by Al THLDI Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Your story: You know how most kids run away to the circus? Well I’m running from it. When I was ten years old, I went to the circus with my family. I got separated from both my parents so I freaked out. The ringleader said he’d help me… But instead he kidnapped me. Now I’ve been stuck here for the past six years. For five years, I’ve been trying to find a way to get out. It hasn’t worked out very well. Until tonight. The ring leader is piss drunk and he’s in bed. Can’t hear anything or feel anything. I hope. I left his little trailer, and went to the strong man. The only one who understands me and can break the stupid chain around my neck. Which he has. I’m not fast enough to run out from the ground so the strong man helped me with that as well. We stood at the front gates and I couldn’t move. Maybe it was because I didn’t want to run with this stupid dress on, or maybe I was scared. But I was pushed ahead. “Run” were the last words I heard from the circus, and I was off. Running into the city. I could see all the lights ahead. In the city, I sat on a crate in an alley way. Terrified and alone.

My story: You’re an author(Being typical) But you’re one of the youngest authors ever. You live alone, and you always work late nights in the office trying to get your manuscript done so your publisher will stop nagging you. You always eat take out food, and sit at your desk. Your usually moody all the time. But there’s the odd time where you’re actually a sensitive person. But that is very… Very rare. You usually don’t leave the until 2 in the morning. Like tonight. Now you’re driving home in your sports car Not caring about anything again. You just want to go home… And sleep.

How we tie together: On your way home, at two in the morning as usual, your head lights flash off something sparkly. You tried to ignore it, but it didn’t work out well. You look up to see a girl, who is no younger than you. That girl is me. You get confused as to what I’m doing out so late so you pull over. You don’t know why but you walk up to her and touch her shoulder. She’s automatically scared of you. Mainly because she hasn’t talked to anyone in a long time… You can tell that she’s been abused so somehow you manage to convince her to go back to your loft with you. She’s far too tired to even fight against it, so she just caves in and agrees to it. But when she wakes up in the morning… She’s confused and starts screaming. Anything can happen from that point on

Last edited by Al THLDI on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Runaway [Faith&Monica] - Page 2 Empty Re: Runaway [Faith&Monica]

Post by Al THLDI Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:41 pm

I saw her reaction. As if she was a scared hurt child used to being beat. I frowned. She kept away from me and she managed to start saying something. I noticed she touched her head noticing her wounds had been tended to. I figured she was asking if I had anything to do with this. I nodded. "Yes. I found you bleeding, and I am making sure you are safe. You can trust me. I won't let harm come to you." I told her trying to reassure her she really was safe. "Can i get you anything? Food? Water? you must be hungry and thirsty."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:04 pm

I am shaking and I can’t do anything to keep myself from doing so. I take in a deep breath as I watch her. I am shaking as I pull myself toward the edge of the bed. I feel myself as I begin to slide off the bed. I grunt as I hit the ground, stumbling to my feet. I ignore her words, trying to make it out of the room. I have to run, have to go
    ‘’Please don’t take me back” I speak quietly, taking in a short breath as I pull a hand in front of my body. I fall to my knees, silent sobs escaping my lips our of fear.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:11 pm

I kneeled next to her and wrapped my arms around her. I knew she was panicking and I didn't know what better way to show her she was safe. "No I'm not taking you anywhere. Here you are safe." I whispered as she shook in my arms. I tried humming an old celtic tune I knew hoping maybe that would help some.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:59 pm

I wait a moment before feeling arms around my body. My muscles tighten, but I feel a strange feeling of comfort in the arms. My eyes close, a deep breath on my lips as I keep myself onto my knees. I don’t know what to do exactly but sit there. I take in my deep breath, feeling the arms around me. I take a moment before I jerk slightly away.
    “Please…I-I-“ I m silent a moment before I stop speaking. I know better. Don’t speak unless spoken to. I pull myself up, the girl still wrapped around me.
    “Where may-Can I wash up? May I-Please?” My words are jerky, but I keep my body strong as possible.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:26 pm

I let go of her, "The bathroom is right there" I pointed across the room. I sat on the bed. "There's a clean towel, soap and shampoo. Bought you a toothbrush and toothpaste."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:44 pm

I was surprised she had thought ahead. I didn’t want to shower. I didn’t want to trust her. For all I knew she was going to whisk me away to someplace and kill me just like the Ring leader had mentioned. He always made sure that he mentioned that.

“I’m nicer than all the other Circuses around! Think about it! You can drink, you eat, you’ve got clothes on your back. Besides, what’s so wrong with having all my little Dancers on a String? I could always sell your work to the gentlemen’s club in New Brawnsfields? They beat their girls! And if any of their nice little pixies try to run off? Well…We find ditches to throw the bodies” He laughs as he turns, walking away from the scene where we are stretching and dancing and practicing our routines.

A shiver runs up my spine as I think about it. I feel her pull herself onto the bed. I’m in so much shock, I’m not sure I can even keep myself steady in the shower. I would force myself to, even if I fell. I didn’t know how long it had been since I had actually showered. The days and nights ran together when you didn’t sleep very much.

I take long strides to the bathroom. I don’t know exactly what I’ll be doing, but I know that it’ll be a fight. With the Gauze on my head, it would be easier just to take it off. I sigh lightly, wondering how long I had even been out for. I take in a deep breath before pulling the door closed. It isn’t long before I’m thinking again. I sigh, knowing this won’t work.
    I peel the door open once more, staring through the small crack in the door. I don’t want to ask this girl to unzip my dress; it’s embarrassing to see the lashings and burn on my back. I pulled my arm over my head, trying to reach it. The costumes were made so you had to have assistance. I sighed lightly, peering once more through the small crack in the door.

“Would you…Unzip my uniform and…Help me take the gauze off…I-there’s- Please.” My eyes are wide as I beg in silence. I dare not speak or move, I just stand there and watch the girl, as if she’s a beautiful little figurine sitting atop the bed.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:58 am

I had heard her whisper, in some form filled with insecurity, possibly a bit of fear, yet enough strength and enough trust to ask me to assist. I knew she was frightend. God know what terrible place she must have been in to show that fear. I got up from my bed and walked towardss her, opening the bathroom door to make way for myself. My hand lightly patted her shoulder. "Don't be scared. I will not hurt you. Ever.I whispered and I started to take her uniform off. I noticed the scars she had, the whip lashing on her back. I couldn't help myself pass my fingertips lightly over them. How?" I didn't expect much of an answer. I just looked at it with a sad face and then continuedd with the gauze to remove it.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:53 pm

I don't expect an answer and at the same time, I don't expect her help. I pulled myself up, straightening and backing up. She pushed herself into the bathroom and I turned, walking backwards. It's impulse to look to the ground. You don't make eye contact, you don't speak unless spoken to, and you keep silent around strangers.

So many beatings had ensued because of the last one. Just trying to be friendly would get you beaten.

"Mommy! Can I take a picture with the Pretty dancer? I want to be like her some day!" A little girl bounds up to me after the show, the make up covers my face, making me look like a fragile little doll as the girl stops in front of me.

"Do you mind? She really loved your performance." The mother looks at me, eyes bright and beautiful with life and freedom.

I give her my best smile. I want to be like her. I want to be free.

"Of course it's no problem!" I give the girl a warm smile, as welcoming as I can be. "And what's your name?" I question the girl as she comes closer and I squat so I am more her height.

"Drucilla" the girl grins and I gasp lightly.

"What a beautiful name, I'm jealous!" The girl stands in front of me and we both smile.

The make up and squirt of perfume usually covered up the smell, but we were under a big top with elephant poop and hay so the smell could be waved off. of course, our teeth on the other hand were a different story. We were allowed two pearls of toothpaste twice a day so out teeth didn't rot out.

There's a flash of a camera as I look to the girl.
    "What kind of dance lessons do you take, Drucilla?" There's a giggle as the girl looks at me a moment before pulling herself into an en pointe although she is wearing flats. I grin, she can only be seven or eight, she's been doing this awhile.

"Let me get on more picture, of both of you on your toes maybe?"

"Mom! Its called 'en pointe', I tell you this every week."

"Okay dear, whatever you say" I look to the girl and giggle quietly, I have to act as if I am happy. It is quite amusing though.

"Ready?" she nods as I raise myself up into on of my dance moves, bringing one foot above my head, bringing awe from the formed crowd. They all begin snapping pictures of me and the girl. I can tell she feels like a star.

Master didn't enjoy the fact the he could have charged all those people for the pictures and made a killing. He felt as if I was robbing him. I was a thief, scum, at least for that night, until he got drunk and forgot almost completely. He said I was trying to be the center attention. He taught me exactly what being the center of his attention got me that night.

The chill of cool fingers brings me back from my reverie. She has already come in and unzipped my dress. She pulls her hands across the scars and I feel my back tense.

I pull myself away from her, turning around to pull the gauze closer to her.
    "Th-Thank you, Miss" I whisper, waiting for the sting of the medical tape being pulled away from my skin.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:56 am

I removed the last piecce of gauze. She had ignored my question on how she came to this. Figuuure that maybe all in it's time. "There you go. I will leave you alone, I'll make soome food. I'll leave out some clothing on the bed, pair of jeans and a tshirt. Hope you don't mind ssthe scooby cartoon." I smiled kindly before I left her to herself.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:23 pm

There is a moment of silence as she peels the last bit to gauze off of my head. I smile, lightly, keeping the dress pressed tightly against my body. I turn to watch her leave. I sigh as she speaks of food and naturally I feel my stomach growl. I keep silent, wanting to tell her not to make anything for me. Food, it was something that I didn’t get often, but I didn’t want it either. It was fattening and I didn’t need any fat on my bones anyway. I would eat, to keep me alive, but nothing more.

I turned as the door closed behind her, letting the old rags fall to the floor. It had been awhile before I had gotten to shower. Usually we had community baths if we were by the river. Really though, it depended on what had happened the day before. Had we had a good performance? Had someone complained about our stench? Of course, that didn’t happen often, but when it did, large bars of soap were shelled out so we could wash properly.

I took in a short breath as I came to the sink. The mirror that hung in front of me was what I was headed towards. I was silent as I examined the injury in the mirror. It wasn’t bad; it seemed to be one that had happened when I landed on the ground. It didn’t look too bad. It was just a small cut across my forehead, easily hidden by my bangs. I then looked to my hair, it was a mess. Tangled in knots and strewn about. I hadn’t brushed it since the last performance.

I turned, not wanting to look at myself anymore. Anything else that was wrong would probably wash off in the shower, and if I didn’t, I would see it afterwards. I make my way to the shower, placing my weight on the side of the tub. I am silent a moment before pulling the small knob around to the large H on the knob. I wait a moment before pulling my hand below the stream of water. I wait a moment, the warmth causing Goosebumps across the rest of my body. I pull away, pulling the small lever at the top.

I wait another few moments before I step into the warmth of the shower. The steam engulfs me and I sigh lightly. I don’t think about anything for a few minutes but the feeling the water gives me. Then I notice the brown water that is falling down the drain. I was dirty. A mess was more of a way of describing it. I took in a deep breath, reaching for the bottle labeled, Shampoo. I push the top open before letting the liquid fall into my hands. It had been awhile since I had the luxury of something built for healthy hair. The soap they gave us just dried it out and made our hair dull.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Poor girl, she seemed frightend the whole time as if I'd lash her out with a whip. I remembered seeing her scars. Of course she'd think that. Must have been the only treatment she has ever received in her entire life. Maybe she never really knew what kindness is. Kindness with nothing to be expected in return. I understood that in a way. I strolled down the hall towards my kitchen. It wasn't a huge kitchen as I had once at my parents house. I remember how my mother used to bake or cook on some occations. I sighed as I opened a cabinet and pulled out a plate. I wasn't sure what she would like. Don't want to pull off fancy cooking and weird her out. A sandwich and juice would do, plus my sandwiches were like out of this world. I opened the fridge taking out the ingridients and spices. I hope she wouldn't mind. Took the mayo and started spreading it on the bread, not missing a spot.

[color:b797=#orange]"Mommy, why are your sandwiches always yummy?" A small tiny girl with amused eyes asked a tall slim beautiful woman who she called as her mother. The woman smiled and pat her head. "The trick is how you prepare it, cover every corner is like covering it with love. Making sure not a single spot is missed"

I smiled as I places a special sauce I made for sandwiches. Some memories were good.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:23 pm

The last bit of soap had finally run down my body. The water was beginning to run cold and I knew that I had over stayed my welcome in this small little corner for the time being. I would be back, I promised myself that. I took in a deep breath as I cut off the water. A quiet ringing pulled to my ears; there was silence in the house, causing me to flinch. I hated silence. The sounds that couldn’t be heard around you were just another handicap. I took in a short breath, waiting a moment before pulling the curtain open. I realized now how much the shower had calmed me down. I no longer felt the shaking as if I was about to be struck from behind. I was alone, and that’s something that kept me from falling to me knees and balling my eyes out. I took in a deep breath, looking up to the ceiling. I grabbed the towel, wrapping it firm around my body. It was a moment before I stumbled back toward the mirror.

I new girl was staring back at me. The green eyes that looked back in amazement seemed to capture everything. I wasn’t covered in mud; that was a relief. My hair wasn’t completely knotted and matted. At the thought I began to run my fingers through my hair, trying to get most of the knots out. I sighed lightly, taking in a deep breath.

It was safe to walk out of the room now. My feet and body was dry and now, I just needed to retrieve my clothing. I sighed lightly, pulling the muddy cloth out of the floor as I walked to the door, pushing it open. It could probably be thrown away now, or recycled if cleaned. Of course, I knew I would be wearing it again. Some time, I would be forced to wear the cloth that had hung on my body once more. The Master would find me, I was sure of that.

As I made it to the bed, I dropped the dress once more. The towel, still being wrapped around my body, seemed to fall with the dress as I began pulling on the shirt and pants that were provided for me. I took in a short breath before pushing my body around. I assumed she was in another part of the house. I would be silent, so see what she was doing. I wanted to slip away from this woman. I didn’t know her; didn’t trust her. It was just something that I needed to do. I needed to keep running.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:54 pm

I finished preparing the sandwich and couldn't help not making one for myself. I loved my sandwiches especially the four floors I'd make. Any sandwich I made stacked and well prepared I called it a Scooby sandwich. I set the plates down and glasses. I turned to face the fridge when I had seen the girl down the hall. I smiled at her. She no longer looked muddy and her hair wasn't in a mat of knots. "Your sandwich is ready. To drink.. Would you want tea, Oj or water?" I asked. I was amazed how white her skin really was.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:08 pm

I was silent a moment, taking in a deep breath as I looked to the girl, she spoke as I walked down the hall. There was no way for me to leave without her seeing. I would have to stay. I took in a deep breath as I walked closer to her.

“Water-Please Miss” I spoke quietly, doubting that she heard me as I came to the doorway, eyes down. I wasn’t afraid, but doing what I did by nature. I looked to her, a small smile on my lips as I tried to make her see that I was grateful, I just- It was hard to explain. I took in a deep breath, coming to stand closer to her. She had made quite the food. They were huge. I wouldn’t be able to eat all of whatever one was mine. I looked up to her, trying to thank her with my smile, but I doubted it was as nice as I was trying to make it look. “Thank you Miss” I spoke quietly before pulling myself toward the counter to lean against it. I was still weak and I felt as if my knees might collapse soon if I wasn’t careful.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:22 pm

I noticed her body language, possibly a habit. Saw her smile attempts. She actually a very nice smile."That's a lovely smile, but let me set some ground rules if you don't mind but honestly, please, you don't have to walk with your eyes down and call me Monica. I'll be watching over youu till you can be on your feet and also safe from harm so... I'd like to think we can be friends in the process." I smiled back at her while I served her water and as for myself some tea. I took a seat on the stool and pointed at her sandwich. "Enjoy and relax."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:51 pm

The word rules passed from her lips, but not in the way that it had passed from the Ring leaders when I was ten. The way she was made it seem sweet, not hidden in darkness. The ground rules as she called it weren’t really rules at all. They were more like preliminaries. I waited a moment before I took a seat on one of the barstools.
    “You’ll have to forgive me if I look down, it’s- It’s quite natural, you see? And in my line of work, I call everyone like- like that…Miss-Misses-Mister. I’ll try, but forgive me if I don’t get it the first time.” I grunt, that was the most I had spoken since I had gotten there; wherever I was at least. I didn’t even know. I looked at the sandwich. I was too hungry to care about how fat this would probably make me. I took in a deep breath before pulling the bit of bread and meat into my hands. I took a second, looking to her, before pulling it to my lips and taking a bite. I had no choice, but to trust this girl, but I felt I had already spoken too much of what I do; where I came from.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:02 pm

I nodded as I took a bite off from my sandwich. "You have a sweet voice I must say, and not feel fear of having to speak." I took a sip of my tea, "I can relate though so no worries. Hope you can rid of that habit. Hopefully you'll never need of it again. So what's your name I'm not sure I got it. My mind sometimes gets busy." I said apolicgetically. I believe she did tell me her name but I couldn't remember if she had or not.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:42 pm

I shake my head, unsure if I have actually told her my name or not. I straighten up, her compliments making me a bit edgy. I look to her a moment, trying to swallow what I had in my mouth before speaking. She says she can relate, and I highly doubt it. Of course, she’s just trying to calm me down and show me that it’s okay around here.

“I don't think I told you.My name is Faith; Faith Elizabeth.” I smile at her, not needing to tell her my last name. I’ve almost forgotten it anyway. I pick up the treat in my hand, tapping my finger on it a moment. “You do make wonderful sandwiches, Miss- ‘Er- Monica” I try to smile at her, but it’s a failed attempt. I simply look back down at my food, taking a bite.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:10 pm

"Thank you." I said nodding. "I love to eat, and don't dig food out in the streets. By the way, no last name?" I was already half way through my sandwich.

"Why are you using my last name?" The tall woman would ask the teenage girl who had her eyes looking down. "Because it's mine too?" The girl replied.
    "No you have no right to use MY name and taint it." The woman snapped." Tears were starting to well up in the girls eyes, she was fighting them off. "What? Going to give me crocodile tears?" The woman asked in a harsh tone.

I shut my eyes as I sipped my tea. Last names were are important, they are part of one's identity in a way not?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:33 pm

She sure didn’t look like one that loved to eat. She seemed too small to be able to just hop in and eat whatever she wanted. She caught the fact thatI didn’t tell her my last name. My eyes shot down. I knew it, but she didn’t know that. I sighed quietly, taking a drink to calm my nerves.

“I’m-I’m sorry. I can’t remember it” My voice grew more and more quiet with each word. I didn’t want to lie to the woman that might’ve saved my life, but if I gave her my last name, she might be able to see exactly what happened to me so long ago. I place my arms on the table, placing my head in my arms. I was ‘embarassed’ or at least I hoped that’s how she took it.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:04 pm

"Oh well... Maybe it'll come around." I nodded not believing her much but I wwasn't going to push. She needed to feel safe. I wanted her to feel safe. Living in feear or insecurity is horrible. I finished up my sandwich. "I usually have the tendency to bring work home, so I well might be buried in my studio writting, the rest of the house is your house too okay?" I waas already finishing my sandwich.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:16 pm

She assumes it’ll come round. I doubt it highly. I take in a deep breath, shaking my head as I think a moment. It’s easy to say she’s gullible, or she simply doesn’t really care. I look to her a moment as she speaks about the whole house. I nodded slowly before swallowing so I could answer. I hadn’t realized until now how hungry I really was.

“Thank you, but I’ll be going soon…I-I’m not going to intrude on you, and I think I should go.” I speak simply, giving her a small smile as I force myself out of the chair.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:36 pm

"Look, I am no fool. Who ever you are running from is looking for you most probably and right now, you have a roof, a bed, food, and comfort open for you. I can't keep you here against your will but I can advise you to accept mmy hospitality for now." I was looking at her trying to make eye contact. "Trying to live on scraps and in the streets hiding is no way to go. I can say. I couldn't imagine how much worse it would have to be running from who ever you are running from. Just saying. I will go and work. It's your choice. You can sleep on my bed in the mean time." I had already taken my plate to the sink and washed it. Then I headed off to my studio not allowing her to say much
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:06 pm

She didn’t give me a chance to talk. She wanted me to stay, you could tell in the way she spoke that she wanted me to stay. I took in a deep breath as I looked to her a moment before looking down. She said it was my choice, and I had to decide. The way she spoke she made it seem one sided. No matter what happened, I was always the one that was in trouble with the Master. I took in a deep breath as she turned, leaving. I knew I needed to stay, but I wanted to think about it. I forced myself off the chair, leaving the rest of the sandwich there. I turned, starting toward the front of the house, maybe I could get some air and think about everything.
    Al THLDI
    Al THLDI

Post by Al THLDI Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:28 pm

I shut the door behind me. I loved my studio. It smelled like oil paint and thiner. It would give me a high sensation and was perfect for when I typed, painted, and at some occations, something else. I half grinned at the memory. I loved having my own place, away from pain, away from depression. That's how I saw it.I booted up my Mac. Turned on my small red desk lamp. My keyboard and part of my screen had paint stains. Everywhere in the room had paint stains actually. I plopped in my memoryy stick aand searched the file I was to keep working on. Had a miini fridge and ttook out a bottle of New Age wine and served some in a mug as I started gettingg myself to work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:08 pm