Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+2
Danny
Mayday
6 posters

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Mayday
    Mayday

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) - Page 5 Empty Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Mayday Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Basic plot:

On the outskirts of an over-populated, crowded city there lies a village. This is a little village, with only a few houses scattered around what is basically a large field with some gravel roads and one general convenience store in the middle. Normal citizens from the city dare not creep here, for the tales of madmen and the ghosts that haunt this place surround it and engulf it in a security blanket of sorts. The truth, of course, is yours to discover. In this little village, there lives a select community of people, all with powers. Most are teenagers, with there only being a few elders to guide them on their way. There are also ghosts; the paranormal beings who foretell strange occurrences and, this time, have predicted the end of the world. It's a heavy burden to bear for these teenagers, but now they're all set to battle with the darkness slowly rolling across the land (think of The Neverending Story). This blackness brings with it demonic entities that shriek and can scare the living daylights out of you. Not only do these people have to deal with this doomsday stuff, but meddling citizens of the city as well. And some of these meddling people can cause more havoc than good.

Roles (just expand upon these at your whim):
    The teenage mutant/superpeople: Danny, May, Adaliea, Dawn, Echo, Dante, Grace
    The Elders:
    The ghosties:
    Refugees from villages destroyed by this Darkness: Kristina
    Meddling city dwellers:
    NPCs: Elder Aldric, Elder Territa

WARNING- I haven't role played in god knows how long, which may explain how shitty my posts may or may not be. Please, if you decide to join, bear with me. That is all.

Mayday OVER AND OUT

Last edited by Mayday on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) - Page 5 Empty Re: Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Burn It Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:27 pm

This kid needs to lighten up.. I was only playing with him. Of course it’s obvious someone was controlling the rain, but I just asked how he knew it was ME. Out of curiosity, nothing more. I wasn’t aware Danny was unconscious or I wouldn’t have asked. I’ve been getting my ass handed to me for the past hour , humour is all I have left. Anyways, he and his friend seemed trustworthy enough.. At least for the time being. What with somewhat saving our lives just then. I say somewhat because I still believe this thing, what I now know to be called and Inquisitor, for whatever reason is holding back on slaughtering us. But it’s not that he seems to be waiting.. It’s that he just can’t. So instead he brings us inches from it.

“I’m glad someone knows what the hell this thing is.. Thank you.” I was beyond asking him how he knew about these things, but to be honest I didn’t have a care to give about it. We’ll leave it at the kid is educated, and be done with it. I wonder if he’ll know why this thing seems incapable of killing, just beating and torturing. A conversation for later, when we aren’t in the middle of trying to kill it.

I heard the Inquisitor grumble from inside the crater that these two had successful sent it’s ass flying into. Oh.. I’m sure we’ve ticked it off real well just about now. It was bad enough trying to beat it before when it’s ego was bigger than the spikes on it’s back, but now we have to deal with a vengeful attitude. Maybe he’d finally kill someone..

Well well well, look who showed back up? May, the girl who I made my not so impressive introduction to. “We’ll glady explain later. But right now we’re short Danny and his, “ pointing to Dante,” little girlfriend, and I’ve got about as much charge in me as a two watt light bulb. I have strong attacks, but I have no idea if I could even come close to pulling them off right now. If you,” looking to Dante fully,” know the most effect way of killing this thing, a 10 second briefing would be really helpful right now.”
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) - Page 5 Empty Re: Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Mercy Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:35 pm

ooc - may I rejoin as a different character? Smile

Eddittt: Also, Q: What is going on atm so I know?
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:30 pm

OOC: For sure Mercy! :3 And uhms, I "zoned out" for a couple of pages, so I'm probably not the best person to answer this but UHMS... from what I've been told/have read it's basically sort of near the middle/end of a fierce battle with Dante & Grace's Inquisitors and yeup. Somewhere nearby the Elder hut, I believe
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Korianna Grey
    Spoiler:

"Sometimes I think I was born backwards... you know, came out of my mom the wrong way. I hear words go past me backwards. The people I should love, I hate, and the people I hate, I should love..."

Nickname: Kori
    Birthday: October 19th, 1994
    Species: Necromancer

Ink/Piercings:
    I have the date on which my brother died on my rib cage. I also have the outline of bird cage, and three birds flying out of it on my shoulder. I have my belly button pierced, cartilage, and regular ear piercings.

Personality/History :
    What's it to ya? No one cares to get to know me they all think I'm a paranoid schizophrenic because I'm always looking the wrong way, looking at something no one else can see, or I'm talking to someone that isn't there. I was born to a family of crackhead freaks. My mom was a distant, Hollywood Barbie doll -- former model -- and my father is a dedicated business man who loves his cars more than his family. My necromancy began when I started to feel alone while the nanny babysat me. I would sit in my room, wishing for a friend as I played with all the new toys.... One of my very first spirits was a young girl, about four years old. her name was Rosa, for the longest time I thought she was real, and she lived in the woods behind our house. She told me she ran away from her abusive father. I had never realized she was a spirit... till later, my mother found me, sitting there in my room talking thin air. She thought I'd gone mental. Insane. My parents started to get worried, my mom thought it was the death of my father that made me crazy, thinking I could "see" the dead.

I slowly began to figure it out, and slowly, I started not to care about others.

My older brother took care of me until he turned fifteen. He got into a car accident, and he wasn't the lucky one. He didn't make it.

I sat at Dan's side for a long time on the side of the road, I didn't say anything to anyone. At his funeral, I was really high... Sad to say... It's not that I wanted to show any disrespect, but I didn't want to deal with all the tears, all the emotions. People pinching my cheeks and hugging me like I were a lost pup. Looking at me with those sad eyes, tilting their head to one side and the pitiful, "I'm so sorry." As I was sitting there, I felt a cold hand on my shoulder, and I looked up, thinking it was my mom, astounded to see my brother standing there, a small smile on his face.

I keep to myself now, and I guess I'm detached from reality, my power began to mess with my mind. I couldn't tell real people from the spirits. I began to become worried, shutting down from talking to anyone. I only talk if needed, or if I have something to say.

I'm sarcastic, and I honestly don't care if I hurt your feelings. I'm quiet most of the time, mostly because I am stoned half the time, or drunk. I'm always carrying something with me. It's not that I necessarily enjoy it, I'm just used to it. I don't like my "power" in fact, i wish it didn't exist at all. So many days I've craved to be normal, but that's wishful thinking in a harsh world. My power has turned me into a terribly cold, hard shell I'm afraid... Not that I really care. I don't have many friends, I'll be honest, yet people seem to like me. Or at least act like it.

Powers:
    I can control the dead. I can speak to them, hear them, see them. I can pass through the realms of the living and the dead. I've seen everything.

Traits:
    I play with my lighter, or my hair a lot. Bite my lower lip.

Cigarettes, weed, alcohol, being alone, sex.

Dislikes:
    I don't dislike much, besides my power. I'm just indifferent about a lot of things.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:21 pm

SO sorry, guys, I went away for a few days...I'm pretty sure I posted something about it somewhere, but that's not important right now. Smile

IC:

Dante turns his head as another girl appears from the rain - which the Weathermancer still hasn't stopped - and skids to a halt beside them. He points at The Inquisitor, who has started his advance towards them with what looks like renewed purpose and, to anybody who isn't Dante, anger. His face twists into a grimace; not only will this be rather grueling until Grace gets back, but it will be difficult to pull off without killing somebody. He heaves a sigh, and takes a step forwards.
    "First off," he says, "She's my sister" The words come out with a little more bite than he intends "and secondly...as far as I know, there isn't an easy way to kill these things." Not strictly a lie...there's a simple way to kill them, it just isn't easy. "The best way Grace and I have found is to just pound on their faces until whatever magic is holding their brains together isn't strong enough...but that's easier said than done, considering how hard it is to land a hit on them in the first place." He cracks his neck. "We need to at least hold it off until Grace gets back..."

He gets ready to tap into his metal minds, just as The Inquisitor darts forwards, his enhanced speed increased even further by a sudden flare of Pewter. He isn't quite invisible this time - it's a further distance, and a blur can be seen for a few moments, disturbing the air and kicking up a shower of rain along a zigzagging path - but it's not nearly enough time for any normal human-reflexed person to avoid. Dante taps gently into his Zincmind, a tight ring around his thumb, to increase his mental speed and the world slows down just enough for him to then tap into his Steelmind bracelet, activating a sudden burst of speed that seems to teleport him away in a sudden mini-explosion of water. Just as he disappears, The Inquisitors hand backhands through thin air, only a second or so after he started sprinting. If he's surprised, he doesn't show it; he uses the momentum to spin around, aiming a roundhouse kick at the new girl, the one he hasn't seen before. Before it can connect, however, a newly-massive Dante - easily ten times the size of the biggest bodybuilder, now an enormous troll of a man thanks to his Pewtermind hanging around his neck - blocks the blow. The sudden impact of the extremely strong limbs sends out a small shockwave, temporarily forming a small rain-free bubble around the group and causing a small thunderclap before the rain refills the void. Dante wastes no time and pushes the Inquisitors foot away, swinging at his head-

- But the Inquisitor spins away, ducking under the arm and elbowing Dante savagely, causing him to stumble away before darting forwards and aiming a bone-crunching, blindingly fast punch at the new girl. He needs to find out what her power is before he leaves this fight, at least.

--------------------------

Grace sets Danny down on a building a good long way away from the scene of the fight...their little move didn't come anywhere close to destroying their Inquisitor, that much she knows, and from the sounds of renewed fighting - which she can hear vaguely from her Tin burning - the Weathermancer knows it too. A thunderclap makes her turn, wincing, and she shakes her head, appearing sad.
    "No...no, it will take more than that to destroy an Inquisitor..."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Ooc - I'm not mad at you May. Just surprised you forgot about this is all ^.^

Sorry Kristie. I was following Murdoch, so I goofed on that. I edited it though.

Bic - Danny stands on top of the roof, using Grace as support. "He's still here? We have to stop him then Grace!" he speaks to her. He limps across the roof as quickly as he could. He stops at the edge of the roof, and turns to look at Grace. "We can't just stay here Grace. I'm not going to lay by idle as this... This THING destroys my home and the people I grew up with, injured or not. " He stares at her a second, before turning back around. He takes a deep breath, focusing himself. The large puddles of water caused by the immense rain would help Danny. Water beings to stick to Danny's hands. It flows around his hands like a small current. He then places his hands against the left side of his torso (where he has some fractured ribs) and sighs. The water begins to glow as his bones are healed. After a couple of seconds of Danny whincing, the water stops glowing and drops to the ground. It would take too much time and energy for Danny to completely heal himself, so he only heals his ribs and his head. Everything else, he leaves, including the limp (a now swollen ankle) for the moment being. Danny stays there, enjoying the feeling cool air after rain, before slowly raising his hands, and flicking his wrist. A small path of ice emerges from the puddles all around him. Danny's about to slide back to the battle when something stops him.

Last edited by Danny on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Flask in one hand, a cigarette in the other.

That's kind of how I live my life now. But, y'know, it's whatever. I know what happens when people die, and I am no exception. So, why not just make life end quicker?

To me, life, death, they are all beginning to mold together...One isn't after the other, it's a mixture... A swirling pile of... "wibbly wobbly timey wimey" crap.

I don't know how to fucking explain it, I'm kind of stoned anyway...

People in this town are freaks like me, it's quite entertaining to watch what people do.

Standing up, I sigh, it's a real shame I'm not more social. Oh well, everyone here thinks I'm just some paranoid schizo, staggering half drunk around town all the time.

But, not all those who wander are lost...

Flicking the ashes of my cigarette I take a long, well needed drag and begin to walk towards the town, taking a swig of vodka, the warm liquid slides down my throat and I wipe my lips a bit and sigh again.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:02 pm

OOC- Just fyi.. I stopped the rain a while back when it was requested..

BIC-

The Inquisitor sprints towards us at it’s fastest pace, given it’s state. What with taking nearly to no damage from our time stalling attacks, and us taking the beating, utilizing a lot of it’s strength is a luxury it has. Beating it on the head until the brains burst? Obvious.. A ridiculous route to take given you can’t get more than 10 feet to it, but obvious. I hope he has something planned, or he and his sister at least. If we can hold the Inquisitor off successfully, perhaps the two of them can employ whatever plan they have up their sleeve.

Just then, the Inquisitor attacks, the now enormous man blocking the blow that was intended for the new girl. A powerful blow to take – I would know – and to willingly do so? I hope this kid can keep up the beating. If he can control things down here for just a minute or two, I can at least give in one good strike, no lightening, to his head. If this kid has the strength I think he does.. It should give him the seconds he needs to pelt the magic in his into tiny, little pieces.

While the Inquisitor was busy, now just finishing a blow at the new girl, I used my flight to ‘jump’ myself off the ground and onto his back in the blink of an eye. Knowingly only having half a second to do so, I took out the two daggers strapped to my legs and rapidly struck them into the upper back/lower neck of the Inquisitor. The blades are jagged and rough, I make so that ripping them out hurts even more them it did when they pierced the skin. Knowingly he has some power to remove them, but that costs time.. Thankfully. Even if he pulled them out with his own hands, it’s still focus he’ll lose for a second or two.

Once they were in, I took off. Flying from his back to the sky as fast as lightening. If you weren’t paying attention.. You’d think I simply vanished. A risky move using what I have on flight.. But I wouldn’t be doing this for long, and the effects would ware off in a couple hours. More on that later though..

I disappeared into the clouds, seeing nothing but the thick grey and black storm clouds that grew more violent and chaotic by the minute. It’s what I wanted.. I would transform the entire storm into pure strength for myself. Giving me the ability to play a bigger part in the battle, and y’know.. Not die.

The clouds began to circle again, the center point being myself. A tip formed in the clouds, like the beginning of a funnel however it was inside the mass of them. I quickly absorbed it, the black clouds growing smaller and smaller as I absorbed the power that was placed there to keep them active. Not only that, but absorbing the power they created all on their own. The chaos and the clashing of the clouds in such a storm can give people like me unspeakable amounts of power, depending on how successful the storm was in the first place. What was revealed in the sky as the clouds vanished into a single point was the white cloudy blue sky with full, beautiful rays of sunlight beating down on the wet land. Now, I thought. I disappeared once last time into the clouds, as if I was one myself. Invisible to all beneath me.. I would wait till I had a right moment.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Ah, ok...I'll just wait for Danny's edit and edit my own post a little once I have enough time before posting ^_^ I'll also have to wait for May's post before I can post The Inquisitors action.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:29 pm

OOC: Sorry for all the delay, and the reason for forgetting was due to the fact I had been waiting on posts and then my summer got incredibly busy- one thing led to another and TA DAA . Anywhos, post time!

BIC: I stand with an eyebrow cocked, listening to Dante's (very) short explanation of the current situation. And then the bloody thing (which, I learn, is called an Inquisitor) aims a kick at me, Dante quickly deflecting it. I can feel a rage boiling inside of me and I grin quite evilly. It feels good, to just let go like this. In the seconds between Dante blocking the hit and then getting hit once more by the Inquisitor, I let out a loud, long, and angry snarl and shift. My skin bubbles and turns an almost black colour, with glistening blue-black fur overtop. Muscles ripple and form beneath my skin; my bones elongate and become larger, as I shift higher into an eight foot tall menace. It hurts, I'll give it that much. I howl throughout the short process and then finally stand up on my hind legs. I look like something between a black spotted leopard and a giant wolf. I have the face of a leopard but the fur of a wolf; I stand up on hind legs a little awkwardly, like a canine would, and also have the bristling tail of a wolf. But my paws are that of a putty tat (although larger, with much bigger claws). All in all, I'm pretty damn proud of this form.

I barely get to stabilizing myself when I more feel than see the Inquisitor coming at me with another hit. I don't have time to do anything other than curl up and shift the fur on my back into protective natural body armour, hard as rock. Even so, the hit jars my entire body, making my bones feel like jelly for a second as I first howl in some very-real pain and then snarl in anger. This fucker is so not going to get the best of me.

Alright weather-girl, I like you a whole lot more than I like Dante, and maybe trust you more as well, so I need you to listen up. I know you're waiting for your chance to strike and really, this thing is like a fucking tank. What I need is for you to land some kind of jarring hit when I'm hitting and distracting him, alright? I can take quite a bit of damage with this beaut of a body and so, therefore, you need to do something while I'm taking it. Alright? Okay, now let's get to it. With that quick spurt of a message I lay my ears flat against my skull, extend my claws, bare my teeth, and attack. Attack meaning I pounce on the Inquisitor thing, planning on landing on it and hopefully causing some sort of damage before passing out. And death. Although I'm hoping to avoid death today, if possible.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:50 am

The little girl that The Inquisitor thought he would connect with changes before his...well, what passes for eyes on this thing, anyway. He feels a slight jarring in his back as he does so, but has no time to work out what it is; his punch - intended for a softer target - has just hit armour plating...so the girls a shapeshifter, and not bound by the rules that most shifters are. Interesting...she could be turned into an interesting Inquisitor one day, perhaps...though they would have to find out what the spikes would do to her ability. But that's a matter for another day...he'll have to work harder to hurt this one, if she can create armour for herself so easily. And he'll have to get those bits of metal out of his back - he can tell what they are, now that he concentrates...all every bit of metal nearby shows in his senses, and having spikes all through his body gives you an idea as to what it feels like to have metal invading your system - since he knows what they are planning...lightning seems to be their preferred weapon, and though it will not scratch him, it is not something he wishes to experience too much.

The Shifter launches herself at him and, burning Pewter to make his skin rock hard, he blocks its teeth with his forearm and rolls with the attack, suffering the chewing of his limb long enough to get his long, powerful legs underneath her body. Flaring pewter, he kicks as hard as he can for the first time - enough power to put his foot straight through a normal human - sending the Shifter rocketing off of him. He springboards to his feet, takes a quick look around, and ducks just as Dante appears from nowhere and swings at his head. He grabs Dante's arm, twists it, then spins around and throws the gigantic metahuman as hard as he can across the square to crash into a building, reducing it to rubble. Then, he Steelpushes on the daggers, sending them flying out of his body - which is easy, given that they are hardly driven in particularly far compared to the spikes on which he's pushing from - turns and rockets after the Shifter. He Steelpushes on a thick blue strand that leads off behind him and Ironpulls on one in front of him, using his pewter to augment his run. Soon enough, he catches up with the still-flying Shifter and grabs her as he goes past. He grips tightly with his steel-like hands and shoves her into the floor, grinding her against the pavement ruthlessly, causing a trail of destroyed, broken cobbletsones and churned earth behind them as they approach whatever he's Ironpulling on.

A sudden force crashes into him from the side, and he releases the girl in shock; Dante, gigantic and lightning fast, has smashed into The Inquisitor and carried him away a good few meters, driving the air out of him with the suddenness and force of the impact. The Shifter crashes through a wall and comes to a stop, while The Inquisitor and Dante tumble to the ground in a heap. They get up, turn and begins scrapping furiously. Punches, kicks, headbutts...everything is thrown and taken, dodged and blocked as they throw themselves at each other. With a bone crunching punch - and the rapidly diminishing stores of strength that Dante has in his Pewtermind; becoming as strong as an Inquisitor takes a lot of stored strength - Dante staggers backwards, and doesn't have to pretend that he's struggling...now he knows how all those heroes felt fighting this thing. He's filled with a sense of mixed pride and horror...if these things turn against him, he may not be able to stop them, even knowing their weaknesses.

--------------------------------------------------

Grace moves after Daniel, and places herself in front of him. "Nuh-uh, mister," she says, hands on her hips. She is quite a sight; the torrential rain has soaked all of her clothes through, and her hair hangs in strands, plastered to her face...but still she has that elegant grace - excuse the pun - and commanding posture of somebody much, much older than she. She shakes her head. "You were almost killed last time, and even your powers must have their limits. If you go over there, it is a very real possibility you will be beaten that badly yet again. No," she shakes her head again, putting her hand on his chest and pushing him away from the ice-slide, "you will stay here and rest. I will go back and help, and hopefully we can drive this thing off." A small smile stretches across her face. "You don't have to impress me..." she leans in, mischief on her mind, "...I already know you're a big man..." she giggles, such an unexpected noise from her, and leans back, her face serious again. She's about to say something else when a rumbling can be heard. She turns her head, and an entire building collapses before her eyes, dust and rubble and earth spraying everywhere. She frowns, and turns back. "You are not going back."
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:32 am

He's not surprised that Grace as stopped him. In all honesty, Danny didn't think she'd put up a fight, yet this small altercation doesn't seem to bother him. In fact, he kind of likes the fact that she cares for him. Enough to not have him killed. Danny sighs nonetheless and takes a step back. He wants to argue with her, yet every chance he has to speak, she takes. "I'm not trying to impresse you, but-" he begins, charging into her sentence. She, however, still manages to interrupt him. It was an a shocking sentence. One that made Danny take a step back and blush. The way she leaned in was enough to set Danny off, but that sentence wasn't something he was expecting.

His face beats red and he smiles, chuckles even (of course it's mostly nerves right now). Rubbing the back of his head, Danny looks down, trying to focus. "Fine." He mutters to her, titling his head up slighting to see her. "I'll stay here," he sighs again, raises his arms, and throws them to the side. The ice behind Grace metls instantly and his thrown to the side, landing in a loud splash. "But you better stay safe!" he adds, blushing again before turning away in embarrassed.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 pm

I can feel the Inquisitors skin (I don't know what else to call this shite) turn rock hard and I snarl in frustration. Goood god, this bugger just- and then my thought processes are cut off, quick as that, as I'm launched into the air by an insanely powerful kick to the gut. I scream. It's a bloody-curdling, mix of feline and canine type scream; the type that can make your blood run cold in a second.

I have some armour on my stomach, although most of it consists of pretty damn strong muscles, but even then... I can't breathe as I fly in the air and have no time as the Inquisitor comes back at me and smashes me into the ground. Hard. I can feel the cobblestones breaking beneath my back and the skin being scraped. I can smell my own blood leaving behind a trail and then I'm smashed into a wall.

Shock. For a few seconds, it's just shock before the pain fully reaches me. The Inquisitor is gone for now, I'm not sure why. I can't think of anything beyond the pain emanating from my ribs and my shoulder on the left side of my body. As I stand up slowly, I wheeze and huff like an old being, and then, when I stand, I scream once again, a scream that extends into the realm of the mind and broadcasts far and wide. I can shift my bones back, but that takes time and patience, as it's a skill to be able to get them back together the right way. I don't have time. Gritting my teeth, I shift some makeshift bone over the fractured and broken parts, just a thin layer to sort of use as a shield for now whilst I don't have the time to actually repair myself.

Astonishingly agonizing, to say the least. I'm not as careful as I should be and I end up injuring muscle and blood vessels. But no more screaming for me; I'm done and I can move; there's pain in every movement, but at least my body isn't going to fall apart just yet.

A quick shift in the vocal chords and I let out a few angry words, "You bastard. It's not easy getting new bones y'know." I can't be assed to shift my vocal chords back the way they should be as I launch myself (perhaps a little recklessly) at the Inquisitor, who's attention seems to be focused on Dante, who had sort of fought with it... I think. I land on it, expecting to be thrown off at any second, and start tearing at him. The spikes get in my way and tear at my skin, which causes me to elicit a growl (a sort of awkward human sounding growl...oops) and I start trying to rip those out. Really, it's out of anger and frustration more than any battle tactic that I could possibly think of at the moment. The battle tactic probably wouldn't be much better, though.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Dante's efforts prove to be effective in one respect; even though he fails to land any damaging hits on the Inquisitor - most of them serving only to make him back off a few steps before resuming his attack - he has distracted him long enough for the Shifter to recuperate - somewhat - and attack from behind. Dante's eyes go momentarily wide; attacking the spikes? Though it is a frenzied, illogical move for her to suddenly start attacking those, she has - by accident - landed on one of the most effective ways to kill it. Of course, she doesn't know that, and it will take a lot more strength than she possesses to successfully remove the buried spikes. The Inquisitor, to his credit, doesn't show any distress, probably because he knows the exact same thing. The clawing serves to draw a little blood from the weak skin between the shoulder and neck, but the rest of it is rock solid due to the Pewterburning...dancing backwards out of the way of a thrown fist by Dante, The Inquisitor reaches up, grabs the Shifter by the scruff of the neck and tears it off of his back with inhuman strength. He pounds her against the floor a couple of times before twisting and throwing her as hard as he can towards the advancing Dante, which sends them both into a heap.

Twisting, he scans the skies for the Weathermancer...she can't have much juice left, and he is not gonna let her charge up for another lightning strike. He flares his tin, spotting her dark silhouette against the slightly lighter, lightning filled sky and drops a coin to the floor, streaking up towards her at lightning speed. And then, he burns Atium.
    The entire world leaps into a sharper focus, his thinking speed increases...and a purple shadow appears beside the Weathermancer, visible only to him. It moves a fraction of a second before she does, and with his Atium-enhanced brain, that's all he needs. If anybody attacks him, he will see their shadow before they land a hit, allowing him to counter with ease. If they even so much as sneeze, he will see it before it happens. For a short time, he is completely invincible against all but Atium or Electrum burners. He streaks through the air, aiming a punch designed to send the weathermancer crashing to the ground for the very last time...and there's nothing she can do to stop him. If she blasts a bolt of lightning at him, he can dodge. If she moves, he can move to intercept her. He grins evilly at the thought.

---------------------------------

Grace smiles apologetically. "I am sorry, Daniel...I hope you understand..." and with that, she turns and shoots off into the night, back towards the fight...which, if she's honest, probably isn't going that well.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Danny stands with his back to Grace. She speaks to him, and Danny turns just in time before she takes off. "Be careful..." he mutters mostly to himself for he knows she wants be able to hear him. Danny stands there for a while, unsure of what to do with himself. He leans to his right, putting less pressure on his swollen ankle. He stands on it a couple of times to check what he can do with it. In the distance, Danny hears the sounds of the fight continue to fight. He clenches his fists, angry he's not at the fight.

I know I'm not the strongest person out there, or the fastest... But I've got wits, right? C'mon Danny think... THINK! he demands of himself. He looks around. There is plenty of water around from the rain. With more fighters there, Danny was sure to help out, or at least distract the man as the others attack. I'm sorry Grace, but this is my fight too!

Danny looks up to see the giant man flying towards the sky. Clearly trying to attack the girl (the name of which was still unclear to Danny). With the help of the water on each rooftop, Danny jumped from building to building closer towards the fight. With every jump, collecting more and more water.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:46 pm

"FUCK YOU HOLY MOTHER OF GOD TITTY FUCK" I rage and scream as I'm thrown back into Dante by the scruff of my neck. I may or may not be using every single word of profanity available to my mind. Unable to move, breathe properly really, I feel as if I'm drained. All of my energy is gone and my body is telling me to stop. More like demanding me to. But can I? I look around, look at the rubble.

Makayla...
    I hear the wispy voice inside my mind and collapse a little in on myself, shutting my eyes, listening. It's one of the ghosties, whom I haven't heard from in a while.

Makayla... There is evil abroad. No shite, I think to myself, bringing my lips up into a snarl over my teeth.

Mortals alone cannot handle such a duty such as to protect this earth; for enemies of this calibre will be many once the Darkness reaches this land. Get up, young one. Aid your comrades. Death is knocking, but do not let it in. Have I ever mentioned how weird these things are? But bloody hell it isn't exactly incorrect.

Thanks. I murmur in my mind and get up. Thankfully, my body has gone numb (probably from shock) and even the heavy scent of both my blood and the blood of others isn't enough to bring me out of it. Probably not a good thing, but damn helpful. Gritting my teeth, I shift wings; huge, heavy, feathered wings sprout out from my shoulder blades and I push off with my powerful hind legs and into the air, following the god-awful creature that seems to be intent on destroying us.

One more hit and I'm down for good, I accept regretfully. I can't do much beyond this; even now, I'm pushing my physical capabilities way beyond what I should be pushing them. But I'm a tank, a bruiser: I have to do this, to at least give the others a chance. The fact that I haven't heard a peep from the Elders also fuels the rage that keeps me going.

"Okay you nasty piece of crap, you need to get the hell out of existence." I growl and shoot up into the air, a skill Elder Niro had (grudgingly) taught me a while back. The Inquisitor seems to know I'm there though, which totally screws up the whole element of surprise thing. Distraction time.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:11 pm

OOC- Firstly.. It is assumed my attack was going to be lightening. But, as stated, the storm was absorbed into my body.. There isn't a dark cloud or lightening charge building up anywhere. Blue skies. White clouds. Sunlight.. and that is all.. Lol, my goodness, I'm not THAT predictable.

Lastly, Murdoch, I have to ask.. Into the night? Did I drastically missed something? I was under the impression it was still daytime... I'm just seriously confused :S

BIC-

I heard what the girl was telling me.. Seems she'd figured it out as well. Glad to know we were on the same page, however I think plans just changed. What did he toss into the air? In my direction none the less.. God damnit, what was he doing now? It's absolutely impossible for him to see where I am with his own eyes.. But if he's got something to enhance that.. Who am I kididng? Of course he does. So he sees me.. Or he did something completely unrelated to me what so ever. But I wasn't going to take that chance, I need to str-

I see him lift off the ground, towards me.. Dodge? Strike back? No.. I need to be able to hit him straight on for it to do anything. And if I can accomplish what I'm planning.. It will, without a doubt. Won't kill him, but it'll knock him down a few notches. So, what do I do? With a tone Inquisitor coming at me, under pressure? The dangerous option, but at least I know it'll work.

"Can't hit what isn't there.." I mutter to myself, somewhat hoping that thing could hear it, and the snicker in my tone. My people, defined as those that 'control' the weather, nine times out of ten have to correct people on that. We are the weather. And with enough strength, you can become what you've created..

My body, disappears. Vanishes. Right before the eyes of the Inquisitor as he strikes up at me, full speed. There is no way to see me.. Because there is no 'me'. No physical structure to detect, nothing to hit. Nothing to harm. I'm part of the cloud itself. There is no difference bewteen myself and it.. For the moment. THIS, ladies and gentlemen is why I took the power of the storm. Which.. Hasn't kill me yet, so I must be good. So now, wanting to attack while he's in my sky, where do I hit, and what do I do? A weak spot.. anything! His back? No, the lightening proved that useless. Face, you've got those spikes, but no eyes. Armoured skin.. God how does he keep it up? There is no way he isn't the slightest bit tired unless he got a constant 'pick me up'. He-

The spikes! Like the hump on a camell! Bad analogy? Whatever. Point is.. a storage unit? I doubt his only source.. But what if, just IF they were his pick me up. Made of metals.. Which is what he's been using for his powers.. Well, don't I feel oblivious. Looks like I've got something to shoot at, let's hope I'm right.

Rocketing towards the ground I sent him. The wind striking him down at such a speed, and therefore strength that it were as if were a hand. I followed, passing him as a massive gust of wind. I couldn't stay hidden for much longer, it's not weakening.. It's just not safe to go so long at once. Beneath him, I took to the sky again, aiming myself straight at the spike on his back. The pressure of the wind, myself, was enormous, and the speed unbelievable..

And so Kristie reappeared in the blink of an eye. The pressure of the wind I was once now focused into a point in front of me.. A fist created by the wind, clear as water but strong as steel that would strike anything in front of me, and this case.. It would be one of his spikes. It's incredible what air pressure is capable of, truly. Deflect me all you want, he'll probably succeed in knocking me from his path. But he's got two things racing towards him.. and one of them, only I can see.

I thought, knowing May would hear.. If I miss, you had better not.
    P.S. Just realised what your picture was Murdoch.. Game of Thrones <3 I love that freaking Imp.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:53 pm

Ooc - I just want to make it clear (in case anyone was curious) that I'm not actually at the fight yet. Just slowly making my way =p
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:10 am

Ooc: Ach, sorry, I kinda assumed it was still dark...sorry, it was late and I was skim-reading >.<

Anyway, I can't post right now, but I'm going to apologise in advance...Atium allows you to see into your own future, which means no matter what you throw at him, he knows it's coming...and since you reappeared, he knows exactly where you'll be in a few moments, meaning he can swing at that area before you've even appeared...to a certain extent, Atium makes him damn near invincible. The good news is that it's the fastest burning metal...he'll only be able to burn it for a couple of minutes. Very Happy

And thank you ^_^ Tyrion is awesome Very Happy
    And Emilia Clarke, the woman who plays Daenerys, is seriously hot XD She's playing Daenerys exactly as I imagined her in the books...same with Peter Dinklage. Very Happy
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:37 am

The Weathermancer does something that he doesn't expect...she vanishes before his eyes. At first, he thinks that his Atium runs out because the shadow disappears, but he can still feel it burning away in his stomach, and a moment later, she herself disappears into thin air. Interesting...she's just full of surprises, isn't she? The Shifter is fast approaching his position, but with the Atium in his system, she will be easily - almost casually - dealt with.

And then the wind starts again. Though it doesn't attack him personally, it is still affecting him, forcing him to the ground. Once again, he focuses on a point underneath the ground and Steelpushes, hard, Jerking himself to a stop. He takes the opportunity to get his bearings from his recent tumble...and he spots something. The shadow of something appears from his chest, and he turns; another, paler shadow of a moving, shifting ball of something is visible in the sky, preluding its creation. That's the thing...as long as it's a weather phenomenon, Atium won't show it...but as soon as it's something targeted directly at him, it will. As long as it's something localised, Atium will help him fight it. He allows the air pressure to buffet him down again - Steelpushing to slow his descent - then Ironpulls on a thick strand to his left, blasting himself to the right of the shadow. Once a certain distance away, he changes to a Steelpush, darting in behind it...
    ...right at the shadow of the Weathermancer. She's going to reappear, and he's going to be there. Sure enough, she pops back into existence just in time for a Pewter-fueled fist to crash into the side of her face, hard. Throughout all of this, he's watching around him carefully for any extra danger; the ball of wind/energy/whatever is streaking towards him, and though he could avoid it, the best bet is probably to wail on the Weathermancer until she loses the concentration to direct it (it's with this in mind that he delivers a rib-shattering knee to her torso to follow up the punch). The Shifter is streaking towards him, but her shadow is just a few moments ahead, so she isn't an issue...Dante has picked himself up and is now in the process of coming at him from his other side to the Shifter, but he's further away than the Shifter, so he will have to deal with her first...Grace and the Aquamancer are nowhere to be seen. These three, he can deal with.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:40 am

OOC: Guys, you've done well with me gone before, so I've no doubt that shall occur again. I am gone for the next two weeks (up until the 11) camping so, therefore, no interwebz, which means no posting for May. Whatever happens in the role play, when I come back and we still have it going I'll pretend I was with you guys the whole time etc etc. I'll be posting a little later today, need to finish packing.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:04 pm

OOC- I understand the Atium thing.. But how is he able to see a wind strike? It’s air.. Even with enhanced senses, it’s still.. air. No colour :3 I just can't see how that's at all possible.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:28 pm

ooc - I've got nothing to do at the moment, so you guys continue. I'm still just travelling towards the battle.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:52 pm

That's the thing...he doesn't see it, he sees a shadow representation of it in a moment or so's time. He can see into his own future, which means that if anything localised (like a fireball or something) is intended for him, he can see it. If it's just a storm cloud, he won't be able to tell what it will do, but if it is targeted specifically at him (like if the cloud were to blast a lightning bolt at him) at some point in the future, he can see a shadow representation. Wibbley wobbley, timey wimey stuff. XD
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:24 am

OOC- That's fine Danny. This battle NEEDS to get wrapped up anyways in the next couple posts. It's been dragged on FAR too long.

And alright, Murdoch. I understand.. somewhat.

I'm sorry but I cannot post till late tomorrow night. I just got in and have an early start tomorrow, as well as a late shift at work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:37 am