Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+2
Danny
Mayday
6 posters

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Mayday
    Mayday

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) - Page 2 Empty Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Mayday Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Basic plot:

On the outskirts of an over-populated, crowded city there lies a village. This is a little village, with only a few houses scattered around what is basically a large field with some gravel roads and one general convenience store in the middle. Normal citizens from the city dare not creep here, for the tales of madmen and the ghosts that haunt this place surround it and engulf it in a security blanket of sorts. The truth, of course, is yours to discover. In this little village, there lives a select community of people, all with powers. Most are teenagers, with there only being a few elders to guide them on their way. There are also ghosts; the paranormal beings who foretell strange occurrences and, this time, have predicted the end of the world. It's a heavy burden to bear for these teenagers, but now they're all set to battle with the darkness slowly rolling across the land (think of The Neverending Story). This blackness brings with it demonic entities that shriek and can scare the living daylights out of you. Not only do these people have to deal with this doomsday stuff, but meddling citizens of the city as well. And some of these meddling people can cause more havoc than good.

Roles (just expand upon these at your whim):
    The teenage mutant/superpeople: Danny, May, Adaliea, Dawn, Echo, Dante, Grace
    The Elders:
    The ghosties:
    Refugees from villages destroyed by this Darkness: Kristina
    Meddling city dwellers:
    NPCs: Elder Aldric, Elder Territa

WARNING- I haven't role played in god knows how long, which may explain how shitty my posts may or may not be. Please, if you decide to join, bear with me. That is all.

Mayday OVER AND OUT

Last edited by Mayday on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) - Page 2 Empty Re: Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Mercy Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:44 pm

ooc - btw Murdoch, nice touch on integrating Misborn in your characters ^_^

bic -

Dawn lets out a small sigh, and Echo stops, looking up at her and frowning.

"That Danny boy is there?" She says, this wasn't a question. Dawn grits her teeth.

"Why don't you just talk to him? Y'know that Dante boy isn't too bad either."

"How do you kn---" Dawn shook her head, it was impossible to argue with Echo though, "Echo, we aren't discussing this..." She said in a low hiss.

Dawn was frustrated, Echo was smarter than any eight year old she'd encountered and she knew how to lay the cards out on the table. Echo stops there, knowing her sister was contemplating something and Echo sighs, rubbing her tired eyes a bit.

"You take care of me all day, for the past eight years, don't you think you deserve a little fun, Dawn?" Echo looked up at her and Dawn chewed on her lower lip, looking back at Dante, Grace and Danny.

"I'm going to go over there if you won't." Echo threatened and Dawn looked down at her.

"I'm not having my eight year old sister threaten me!" She says, taken aback by her a bit, a nervous laugh escapes her lips.

Last edited by Mercy on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) - Page 2 Empty Re: Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Murdoch Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Ooc: Thanks ^_^ I recently finished "Hero of Ages" and loved it...looking forward to reading "Alloy of Law" and the new trilogy he's working on...just wait until I unleash the Inquisitors...I even have a plan for introducing somebody who is both an Allomancer AND a Feruchemist. ^_^ Guess how I'm gonna do that! Go on, guess! Very Happy
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Danny smiles at Grace and Dante (simply not to be rude. He not trying to be rude to Dante, but with Grace, its hard for Danny to focus). Grace moves in closer and Danny's smiles wavers. He was confused as to what she was doing. "Well, it wasn't that much," he says, now impressed with himself. "Nothing I couldn't handle," he chuckles to her. She moves in closer. His smile now completely gone. Her gentle touch on his arm makes the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. He swallows, nervous at how close she got so quickly, and almost holds his breath. His forehead begins to sweat in anticipation. "I-... uh...." Danny's head starts to spin. He couldn't believe how close she had gotten, more so how willing she was to getting close. He was about to take a step in himself when Dante interrupts.

Danny's world suddenly comes crashing down around him and he gets back into reality. He sighs a bit disappointed but understandingly. "Nah, it's okay. She wasn't making me... uncomfortable..." He chuckled and he rubs the back of his head. Danny suddenly realized how uncomfortable Dante must of got having to watch his sister act like that in front of another man.

Danny stands a bit awkwardly to himself as Grace and Dante speak amongst themselves. He debates leaving, but he wouldn't want to offend them, so he just stands there and waits for them to finish. It wasn't as long as Danny had expected for Grace turns around and speaks to Danny again. "Uh, most of the houses have running water, all of the newer ones do. The water is for anyone really, but some of the older houses or even huts don't have much in them, so I go and collect water for them. It's something that I'm happy to do for Elder Aldric." He paused and smiled at her (just so he could look at her) before a face of realization appears on his face. "Oh! Speaking of him, I should probably go and meet with him. Tell him we have water and such." He stands there... that might of been the most awkward goodbye he's ever given. "Uh... so I'll see you around?" he asks, knowing that he will simply because the village is rather small. "Bye Grace, Dante." He smiles at both of them, and heads off his own way. "That was stupid Danny! So stupid!" he curses to himself under his breath and he walk away.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Grace pouts a little as Danny mentions that he has to go and meet Elder Aldric, but doesn't raise any objections. She returns his goodbye smiling sweetly at him, before he turns to leave. Once he's out of earshot, she can't help but laugh at his discomfort...she isn't sadistic, but she always finds it funny how flustered men can get around a pretty woman. Her interest isn't feigned; she really does find Danny intriguing, and wouldn't mind letting him have her for a night or two...but unfortunately for him, she belongs to another.

"That was mean, even by your standards," Dante says chidingly, albeit with a small grin on his youthful face. "The poor guy didn't know what to say!"
    She chuckles; mean? They murdered twelve people to create their two Inquisitors, and he thinks toying with a teenage guy is mean? He has an interesting definition of "mean..." although....
    "Are you sure you aren't jealous?" she teases, and Dante snorts. Him? Jealous of Danny? With Danny, it's an act, and he is exponentially more powerful than Danny would ever dream possible...why would he be jealous?
    "Of course I am," he says coolly, raising an eyebrow. "Why would I be jealous? You are, after all, my sister..."
    She leans in, still smiling, and whispers in his ear, "and why should that stop us?" She giggles, and he rolls his eyes, pushing her away gently but firmly.
    "Not in public, Sweet Sister," he chastises, casting a look around.
    "Why?" she pouts, "Are you ashamed of me?" She smiles teasingly, but Dante ignores her. Dawn and Echo are a small way away, talking about something that obviously is making Dawn uncomfortable. He doesn't spend too long watching them, in case they get suspicious, but he commits it to memory; Dawn has something that Echo knows that makes her uncomfortable...he'll have to do some investigatory work.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Danny continues to walk from the brother and sister. He was embarrassed and disappointed with himself for the way he acted in front of Grace. Stupid did not cover how he felt and when you feel that stupid, for lack of a better word, around your crush, you can't help but feel crushed yourself. There was always later, always another time or day, but that thought didn't cheer him up much.

On his way to find Elder Aldric, Danny meets up with Dawn and Echo. They seemed to be talking so Danny waited for a pause in the conversation before he interrupted. "Hey guys," he smiled at them, back to his normal self. "Sorry for that Dawn," he apologizes for the way he acted with Grace in front of her. "I wasn't trying to ignore you, I swear! I'm just the village idiot," he teases himself, hoping he didn't make her feel bad. "Anyway," he continues. "I was wondering if you guys had spotted Elder Aldric by chance. I know I haven't really looked much, but if you guys happened to find him that would be helpful. You guys are also welcome to come and search with me... if you want," he adds quickly. "I'm also waiting for this meeting to start. You guys wouldn't happen to know when that starts, do you?"
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Echo sighs, "Fine," Her head turns to the sound of the twins -- Grace and Dante and she turns her head back towards Dawn.

Dawn sighs, "C'mon, let's go scavenger up something to eat."
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:28 pm

OOC: Aiie well I'm back! Got back a liiittle later than expected, but cops are sometimes evil y'know and make life hard on the roads. Anywhos, YAY MUMU and yay to all of ya'll for posting. I'll be catching up tomorrow & posting then ^__^
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Dante is just about to move off when Grace catches his arm. She tilts her head to the side a little, and Dante can tell that she's listening to something. He waits for her to speak - when she's like this, it does to not interrupt her - and she does after a few more moments.
    She smiles crookedly at him. "You are aware that these people have a secret?" It may be posed as a question, but it is, in fact, a statement. They've discussed what it may be late at night, in the dark when nobody could hear and Grace was burning off the last of her copper to hide them, after everything they did before sleep...strange pillow talk, perhaps, but it is obvious - to them, at least; if you are used to keeping a massive secret, you tend to be able to spot people who are doing the same...at least, they are able to, with their extra abilities and inherent paranoia - that there is something strange about this town. They've puzzled over what it could be, but they have had no luck; it's all wild speculation, with little proof.

Dante simply nods, and Grace carries on, "Well, I think we may have a way of discovering what it is...there's a meeting happening a little later that my little Danny is party to...and so is Dawn and the strange little girl. If we can follow them..."
    Dante nods. "...we can find out what they're hiding," he finishes for her. "We'll need to be careful...and keep them nearby in case we need a distraction."
    Grace smiles. "Sounds like a plan..." all this time, they've been whispering under cover of CopperCloud...nobody could have overheard them without them noticing.

They begin to wander away, but Dante makes sure he can still hear them; he draws on his reserves of hearing from his TinMind necklace, using his years of practice to tune out everything else, focusing on a handful of conversations...he needs the details, but hanging around would look suspicious. Grace will look after him while he listens, burning Copper so that he is not detected using his abilities...it's why they're such a good team.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:22 am

BIC: Not one to return to the village so soon (even that place is sometimes a little too civilized for my tastes), I slowly slink into the forest when Danny and Dawn have left, morphing into a slightly larger-than-average wolf with my maw gaping. God, I just realized how starving I am and... my ears perk up and I snap my jaws shut as a scent wafts by on the breeze. Rabbit. I turn my head and take another long, deep sniff of the air; yes, quite a few of them were sunning themselves in a clearing not all too far off. Breakfast was waiting. I lick my jaws and proceed to walk forward, totally losing my human mind amidst the chaos of the animal's.

My human mind comes to a few whiles later whilst I lay in the grass of the sunny clearing, licking my chops, almost completely cleansed of the animals' blood. I can't tell how much I've eaten from the few scraps of fur and, here and there, bone laying about but my stomach feels full, which is the most important thing. I can also see a pile of rabbits off to the side, only slightly bloodied from the kill but otherwise whole. It's a happy sight: even when I lose my human mind to the animal's, I still retain some sense of loyalty toward those back in the village.

After sunning myself for a little while longer, I get up, shake the dirt out of my long and lustrous black fur, and pick up the pile of rabbits with my enormous jaw. Now, when I shift into almost any animal, I do tend to use a bit of artistic license on their design and enhance what I believe will be to my advantage. In wolf form, I always, always make myself much larger than a normal wolf, actually coming closer to the size of a grizzly, and my jaws match the enormity of it all. So carrying a few measly rabbits? No problem. Trotting through the forest is not the easiest task but it is very doable, and so I'm back by the Elders' hut in no time. Before going in, I give the world a sniff and a mental listen. There are strange scents in the air; that of Danny and Dawn, Echo, and... Dante and Grace. I scrunch up my nose and give a little growl. Although the two seem nice enough, and I haven't had the heart to pry into their minds (just yet), there's something I have issue with with those two. Although it may just be my inborn paranoia.

Come in Makayla. It's Elder Territa,speaking to me through the mind. Everybody who's lived long enough in the village has an Elder that's sort of like a mentor to them. It's not official by any means, but it sort of just... occurs. You get closer with one of them and sooner or later it feels like they're you're parents. Not having parents or any real family hurts, a lot, especially knowing the reasons behind such a thing. With Elder Territa, I feel like I've gained some sort of authority figures, and the rest of the kids are a bunch of siblings. Annoying at times but family all the same. I slowly walk into the Elders' hut, rabbits and all, and look up at her [Elder Territa].

"Makayla, I want you to call out to everybody and let them know the meeting is to happen within ten minutes time in the Elder hut main room." I nod my head (a little awkward with the rabbits hanging from my mouth, mind you)and head off into on of the smaller adjoining rooms, where I've gotten into the habit of keeping a spare change of clothing. This time I put on a pair of black denim shorts, white tanktop, and nothing else. That's enough, right? Once I'm decent I had back out into the main room and cross over into the kitchen, putting the kill by the sink where later it'll be skinned, by either me or another person. Finally, with all of these mundane tasks finished, I head back to where Elder Territa is still sitting and nod my head.

Hello, this is your captain May speaking, I broadcast mentally, chuckling a little bit, and I'm just sending this out to let all of you know that there's a meeting happening in the Elder hut main room within the next ten minutes. Yes, everybody is expected to come on out and hear the news, even you lazy asses still in bed. May over and out. I sit down on one of the beanbag chairs across from Elder Territa and look at her, smiling, a little proud of my accomplishments. I used to be so weak I could barely broadcast anything into her mind. But look where I am now.

"Makayla, I do realize how proud you may feel, but did you put any thought to, perhaps, making sure nobody, such as a meddling city dweller, would hear?" Oops. I'd forgotten to take such precautions; sometimes, one of the people of the city would come too close to the village and would get one of my broadcasts. Have I mentioned oops?

"Nothing I can do about it now, Elder Territa." I say with a sigh and she just shakes her head. I can hear a few Elders stirring about, ushering kids in, as we wait together in silence now.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Danny had finally found Elder Aldric. It had taken longer than expected with no help from Dawn or Echo. He wasn't surprised though seeing as he did ignore Dawn when Grace came into the picture (though not intentionally of course). Hope I didn't offend them... he thinks to himself and he bends the water in the pot to follow him the same way it had perviously. He had spoken to Elder Aldric and was told to bring the water, now purified, to the Elder's Hut of the meeting. So he did. He moved the pots from the storage hut to the Elder's just in time to get May's message.

Danny jumped as the thought pushed itself into his mind. Though May has done it many times before, he had yet to get use to sharing his brain. The feeling of someone forcing their thoughts into your own always sent shivers down Danny's spine. Luckily he was already headed that way. As he arrived at the hut, Danny wondered who might be invited to this meeting. He looked around the entrance of the hut, but didn't see anyone yet. Though he didn't like to admit it, he was looking for Grace; though he wouldn't understand why she would be invited-her or Dante- seeing as how they arrived at the village only a few weeks ago.

He placed three of the four pots down in front of the hut, and brought the other pot in. When he entered, he spotted May, Elder Territa and Elder Aldric, along with all the other Elders. He stood there with the pot in his hands (having stopped bending when he put the other pots down) and smile. "Wicked meeting, yeah?". Danny put the pot down and walked over to the general group, waiting for the meeting to being.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Dante tilts his head to the side and frowns...he can't hear anything. Nobody is saying anything about the meeting, even though nobody seems to know the location or time...no messages or anything. He sighs, stopping the flow from his TinMind...nothing. Their secret will have to remain a secret, unfortunately, at least for now. Grace notices his dejection, and sighs quietly, putting her arm around him. It's not often that Dante fails to find something out, and it gets him down when he does. She's about to comfort him with words of condolence, but she stops. She just felt something on her CopperCloud. Dante looks at her quizzically, but remains silent; they know each other well enough to know when the other one is concentrating. Cautiously, Grace lets her CopperCloud down, and on a hunch begins burning Bronze. Bronze increases her sensitivity to the detection of anything supernatural, whilst the ceasing of her burning Copper removes their protection from mental supernatural events, so the Bronze combined with a lack of Copper should mean...

She catches the tail end of a mental message and stops in her tracks, gasping. Dante catches a murmur and raises an eyebrow, looking at Grace speculatively.
    "What is it?" he asks, with a hint of an edge to his voice. She swallows.
    "There's a meeting at one of the Elders huts...and they declared it through a psychic message."
    Dante's eyes widen suddenly, and he shakes his head. "But that would mean..."
    "....that at least one person in this town has some kind of supernatural ability. Do you think it's a fair bet that this is their secret?"
    Dante nods. "It's the only logical explanation...but what could they possibly be meeting to discuss?"
    Grace shrugs. "I don't know. But perhaps we better find out..."Dante nods his agreement.
    "Aye. We'll split up and listen from from opposite ends of the area...decrease the chance of being caught, and if one of us is caught..." He doesn't need to finish. "In any case, we'll keep them nearby in case we need some kind of distraction."
    Grace nods again, and takes a step backwards. "The meeting is in ten minutes...we better hurry."
    Dante nods, and she turns and hurries away down the street. Dante turns and begins making his own way to a suitable hiding spot...he needs to find a place that he can lay low and hide while he eavesdrops...it doesn't really matter where he hides, so long as he's within a street or two of the hut; he can increase his hearing more than that, but he doesn't want to drain his hearing reserves. Grace will need to be closer, given that Tin can only increase your hearing by a finite amount regardless of how much Tin is left in your system, but she should still be able to hear from half a street away.

He soon finds a place - a small building one street over from the Elders Huts, with a raised wall about the roof that he can squat behind - to listen from, and - after making sure that nobody is watching - ducks down the alley to the side of that building. Tapping into his PewterMind bracelet about his upper arm, he prepares to climb. He only uses a little of his reserves - enough to climb up with ease - but his muscles still bulge considerably underneath his slightly loose clothing, increasing his bulk to considerably bigger than his previous innocent frame. He clambers up quickly and swiftly deflates to his normal size, ducking behind the balcony, and proceeds to slowly use his stores of hearing in his TinMind to eavesdrop on the conversation.

Meanwhile, Grace has found a similar position on the opposite side of the street to the Huts, but had pulled on a protruding bar of metal on the top of the roof to IronPull herself up, before burning Tin and working hard to shut out everything else and listen instead to the rather interesting conversation unfolding in the hut...just for good measure, she had started burning Copper as soon as she entered the neighborhood, hopefully making her less detectable, if at all.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm impatient waiting for everybody to come in. A few kids come crawling in (one is literally crawling in his nightwear) and I all but shake my head in disgust. How can you waste your life away in such a way? I'm just about to open my mouth and remark on the boy who's half asleep when Elder Territa stops me.

Now, Makayla, I would very much like for you to behave. No point in arguing with this woman. I realize now she's more like my grandmother than mother. She's one of the oldest Elders, seeming to be something around 70 years old by human standards. But I know that she is much, much older than what can be presumed. She is like an ancient oak that stands proudly in the forest, standing tall through all weather: a strong and wise presence. But Elder Territa is also kind and I don't think I can ever express enough how thankful I am for her.

"Wicked meeting, yeah?" I hear Danny say and turn to look in his general direction, seeing him put the pots down. I've always been a little fascinated (although I'd never admit it, obviously) with his water-bending. It was quite something to see him shape the water into a funnel and control it so precisely. Yes, I do happen to be a tad jealous.

"Fancy seeing you here." I remark in return and then lie down on my back, feeling my hair fanning out about my face, as I close my eyes and feel about for any other minds. There are the few stragglers still dawdling about and then... unfamiliar, guarded minds, sitting by and watching. It's a little disconcerting. I sit up and my eyes fly open, looking wildly about the room before I get my accelerated breathing under control. Now, there's something to investigate.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Danny waited a little bit. He watched and he listened, but nothing happened. Nothing of interest that is. Tired of standing, Danny headed over to May and sat by her. With his legs crossed, Danny leaned back and used his hands to support him. He look at the door in hopes something happening. Nothing. He sighed and sat up, tuning to May.

"You wouldn't happen to know what the meeting is actually for, would you?" he asked, despite her eyes being closed. It was a genuine question and he would of guessed of all people to know something concerning the Elders, it was May. Of course she wasn't guaranteed to know everything, but she tended to be the go to girl. She hadn't responded though. Bored, Danny moved his wrist in a semi circle and a small stream of water rose from the pot and towards Danny. He then moved his hand in a complete circle and the steam closed in on itself and made a miniature whirlpool to entertain himself.

Suddenly, May sat up and looked around. She didn't say anything, but her face didn't look to happy. "May? What's wrong?" he asked mostly casual, but there was a ting of concern in his voice.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:39 pm

OOC: Already posted this in MuMu's roleplay buuuuut I'm going away until Monday (ag'in) sooooo I won't be posting until then. CONTINUE ON THE ROLEPLAY MINIONS

BIC: "Nothing." I hiss as Danny questions me. Can't anybody get one moment of peace? I probe with my mind once more and feel nothing but flickers- flickers that can be anything from far away humans to animals. Really, nothing I can go on. Only a feeling. And feelings are pretty bullshite if you ask me.

"Sorry. I'm just a little jumpy, didn't mean to answer like that. I do know what the meeting's for, as I'm sure you do too. It's about the darkness." I don't explain what I mean by 'darkness', as I'm assuming he'll know. It's impossible not to; the sun in the morning is covered by it and you can just feel it all the time. I look toward the Elders, who seem to still be milling about waiting for more of the kids to arrive. Goddamn this is boring, I think to myself and catch Elder Territa throw a look in my direction. Oops.

"I think I'm going to go outside for a bit of air. It's a little stuffy in here- I mean, I'll be able to tell when the meeting is starting anyways." I tell Danny and then stand up, stretching, and head toward the door, wondering whether or not he'll follow.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:13 pm

[[I'm just gonna wait...my characters are eavesdropping, so there's not much that they can do XD]]
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:40 pm

The water dropped as May hissed at Danny. The shock cause him to lose focus and stop his bending. The water dropped over Danny and he sighed annoyed. Just a bloody question, he thought to himself. He moved his hand and the water rose from his clothes and back into the pot as if it never happened. May got up and decide to leave, giving Danny a rather vague answer. Danny sat there for a moment bored. He thought about a lot of dull and irrelevant topics. However, despite the topic, this thoughts always drew to Grace. It annoyed him how much he thought about this girl, but he couldn't help it.

Danny jumped up and ran to May. "I'm going to... Go for a walk. Let me know when the meeting starts, okay?" he smiled at her before heading off. He never liked when May pushed her thoughts into his mind, but he deemed Grace worth the annoyance.

He walked through the village and down a couple streets, but couldn't find Grace or Dante. He could try there house, but they have a gate and they don't really like to be disturbed while in their own home (or so he's heard). Tired, Danny stopped and leaned against the wall of a building. "Where is she?" he asked himself.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Dawn sighed as she watched Echo catch the fish.

Echo was a strange one, she would stand over the waters edge, wait for a fish to come, then sonic scream. Normally then the fish would just float up to the surface.

Dawn began to drag her finger along the dirt and sighed, looking up at Echo as she laughed and played in the water.

A sudden thought hit Dawn, Elder Aldric was expecting them.

"Echo! We're late!" Dawn says, bolting up, "C'mon grab what you have and lets go."

Echo sighs, stepping out of the water and grabbing her bucket, Echo feels for the vibrations of her sister, and surprisingly weaves through the forest with ease. She holds onto the bucket and then all of a sudden bumps into Danny.

"Terribly sorry, Danny." Echo says politely, looking up in his direction, her milky white eyes seemingly friendly.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:28 pm

[[You all seem rather intent not to go to this meeting XD]]
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Ooc: loooooks like I have internet after all- thank the lawd for smartphones >: D except now I don't know where to head with this roleplay derp
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:22 pm

I am interested in joining.. As and Elder.

Would someone be able to give me a briefing? Main events, people's powers? Or will I be made to go back and read it? xD
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:44 am

[[May, just force people to go to the meeting...they're supposed to listen to what the Elders tell them to do, right? So if the Elders tell them to get back inside the hut for the meeting, they should do it. Hell, just walking out of the hut without permission would probably be seen as the height of bad manners and disrespect. Razz

Kristie, it would probably be easier if you went back and read the bios for the powers. My characters in particular have a rather complicated power that needs explaining. As for main events, none, really. There is supposed to be a big important meeting that everybody seems desperate not to go to, and Dante and Grace (my characters) are using their powers to hide and eavesdrop. That answer your question? Very Happy]]
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:13 am

Ooc- I just didn't know what to do. If May left the meeting, I assumed it wasn't going to happen because at this point I have idea what we're suppose to do. May, perhaps you can think of a sort term storyline for now, that way it gives you more time to think of a longer, more detailed storyline. For example, we can go somewhere thinking we've won or done something important, only to find out that it was just the tip of the iceberg sort of thing. That's all I've got for now.

Bic- Danny sighs and talked one more look around, disappointed he couldn't find Grace. As he was about to leave, he bumps into Dawn and Echo. He helps them get up and smiles at them. "Don't worry about it," he tell Echo, before looking up at Dawn. "You guys headed to the meeting? I'm on my way back too. Why don't we head there together?" He asks as he begin to walk back towards the Elder's hut. May had yet to inform Danny of the meeting's start, meaning it hasn't yet, or she forgot.

"Did you guys forget about the meeting?" Danny turns to ask them the question as he continues to walk. They were absent before Danny left, so it would seem to be the only logical explanation. He turned back around and waited for their answer.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:09 am

Ooc: mmkays Kristie, it's pree simple what's happened so far (as MuMu explained) annnd yes, I think I'm just going to force the meeting now :3
    BIC: Only a few steps from the hut, a powerful force hit my mind and caused me to crumple to the ground. I was used to being the psychic assaultee, not the assaulted. I am assuming you had some reason to leave, Makayla, but I will not put up with this incompetance any longer. You are to call back those who followed your example and return immediately. Elder Niro. A powerful telepath who I swear has had it out for me since day one.
    Okay people, looks lke we've gotta be in the hut now. I manage to mentally squeak out to those outside and then head back inside, crumpling into a corner as three Elders, Elder Aldric, Territa, and Niro, all stand in the middle, Elder Niro giving me a particularly sharp look.
    "I do hope some of you, if not all, have some idea as to what this meeting is about. Although certainly, afterward, you will think of it day and endless night, as I and the rest of the Elders have." Elder Niro starts and I let out a breath I was unaware I had been holding.
    "As of late, there has been a Darkness rolling across the land, seen most clearly when the sun rises in the morning. I'm sure all of you have felt it intuitively and perhaps wondered whether or not it was paranoia. I can tell you, it is not. We had two Elders sent out to gather information and only one returned, giving us some information before passing on just days later. We are, indeed, in the midst of a crisis." Elder Territa's voice trembles and I feel frightened. It's worse than I imagined.
    "Demons?" I ask out loud before I can stop myself. Elder Niro hisses (yeah, hisses, he's sort of really weird) and I take a gulp of air. That's really all of the confirmation I need.
    "Yes, we are dealing with entities you may label as 'demons' but these all come from an ancient force that cannot be called by any one name. It is a very big and real threate." Way to be optimistic. I look around the room at the faces. On some faces, the shock is blatantly obvious. On others, it is almost hidden, but not quite. Some even look like they're about to piss their pants. Bloody pansies.
    "Any good news?" A shaky voice asks and a few nervous giggles sounds from here and there.
    "Yes. This threat was dealt with before; not on such a scale as now, but we have more forces than before." In other words, hope for the best.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:43 am

Dawn shrugs a bit, "Yeah, we were just on our way to the meeting."

Echo smiles up at Danny, "I have a secret about Dawn!" She whispers to Danny with a grin.

Dawn's eyes widen and she slowly sweeps next to Echo, putting her arm around Echo's small frame.

"Secrets aren't for sharing though, that's what makes it a secret." Dawn says with a nervous laugh as they walk towards the hut.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:01 pm

As they walk, Echo tugs on Danny's pant legs and whispers to him. "A secret?" he says intrigued. "What kind of secret?" I play with her until Dawn picks her up and speaks instead. "Well sorry, party pooper," I say in a teasing voice as we reach the hut. As we walk in, it looks as though the meeting has just started. The three or them stay near the back as to not interupt the meeting. Danny listens intently as he looks at Elder Aldric confused. Darkness? What do they mean darkness? This was something Danny never understood. He heard others talking about it, but never understood. To be honest, all Danny really knew was the ways of the village. He hadn't expirenced much else.

"Why are you telling us this?" Danny asks politely. "What are we supposed to do?" he directed the question more towards the young ones at the meeting. As the eldest child, Danny would gladly help to protect the village. Some of the young ones, however, haven't even mastered their powers or abilities. "Why are they attacking our village? Why now?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:00 am