Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+2
Danny
Mayday
6 posters

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Mayday
    Mayday

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) - Page 3 Empty Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Mayday Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Basic plot:

On the outskirts of an over-populated, crowded city there lies a village. This is a little village, with only a few houses scattered around what is basically a large field with some gravel roads and one general convenience store in the middle. Normal citizens from the city dare not creep here, for the tales of madmen and the ghosts that haunt this place surround it and engulf it in a security blanket of sorts. The truth, of course, is yours to discover. In this little village, there lives a select community of people, all with powers. Most are teenagers, with there only being a few elders to guide them on their way. There are also ghosts; the paranormal beings who foretell strange occurrences and, this time, have predicted the end of the world. It's a heavy burden to bear for these teenagers, but now they're all set to battle with the darkness slowly rolling across the land (think of The Neverending Story). This blackness brings with it demonic entities that shriek and can scare the living daylights out of you. Not only do these people have to deal with this doomsday stuff, but meddling citizens of the city as well. And some of these meddling people can cause more havoc than good.

Roles (just expand upon these at your whim):
    The teenage mutant/superpeople: Danny, May, Adaliea, Dawn, Echo, Dante, Grace
    The Elders:
    The ghosties:
    Refugees from villages destroyed by this Darkness: Kristina
    Meddling city dwellers:
    NPCs: Elder Aldric, Elder Territa

WARNING- I haven't role played in god knows how long, which may explain how shitty my posts may or may not be. Please, if you decide to join, bear with me. That is all.

Mayday OVER AND OUT

Last edited by Mayday on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) - Page 3 Empty Re: Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Murdoch Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:48 pm

[[This one is gonna be fairly short XD]]

Grace stills as she hears people bustling out of the hut, and even hears people - Danny, she thinks - hanging out beneath her building. She remains as quiet as she can, not even daring to breath lest the superpowered youths - as it is now obvious they are - detect her presence. She burns that extra bit of copper, just to be sure. IT's a good thing, too, since the next mental message batters her CopperCloud, and had she not been flaring Copper, it would have invaded her mind after smashing past her defences. As it is, she manages to keep her Cloud up, and after a few more minutes, the residents move back into the huts, and after some listening, Grace's eyes widen...demons? This is...interesting. They realised something was up, of course, but they never realised it was this bad. Of course, Dante will probably figure out a way of getting what he wants...if there is anywhere in the world that houses clues to their ultimate goal, it will be at the heart of this Darkness...and she knows how Dante's mind works. He is likely plotting right now.

And indeed he is.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay) - Page 3 Empty Re: Humanity can be quite meddlesome (Open Roleplay)

Post by Burn It Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Alright guys, I'm in. Instead of being an Elder like I had originally planned, I will a refugee from another community. Details in the bio.

Character Name: Kristina Torcette
    Skin color: Fair white
    Build/Body type: Average build.
    Hair Color: Dark brown, almost black but can be clearly defined as a brown shade.
    Hairstyle: Hair reaches to 4 inches below the shoulder. The hairs style are long waves from roots to tips, and no bangs. The hair parts more at the left and flips back towards the right.
    Eye Color: During the day, Kristie’s eyes are a light brown, but when the sun sets they turn a bright yellow.
    Height: 5' 8"
    Weight: 150

Clothing: Kristie’s attire is very simplistic. In the daytime, Kristie wears only the colour white, from top to bottom. Her shirt begins at the top of her neck with a half inch collar, and covers everything down to her wrists. The shirt is very form fitting, ‘skin tight’ so to say, not for appearance purposes but to assist her when flying and battling, as she is a soldier from her home town. The pants are also white, meeting the shirt at her hipline and covering her down to her ankles. Her white boots begin mid-calf, and also white and have a two inch heel. The suit she wears has it’s own powers actually, changing from entire white during the day to jet black at night, changing once the sun passes the horizon.
    Tattoos: Kristie has two tattoos, a sun behind her left hear, and a moon behind her right. They are tattoos that she was born with, symbolic of her powers.

Powers: Kristie’s powers vary from the time of day. When the sun is above the horizon, her body absorbs the light, even behind cloud cover and in harsh storms. The sun gives her the power of flight, and to manipulate the weather. She can make it hot or cold everywhere, or in one specific place, whatever she decides. Think of a magnifying glass, and when you get it at the right angle you can manipulate the light of the sun to create a spot so hot that a fire can start. Well, this is similar to what she’s able to do. However, focusing the weather into such an exact spot takes a huge amount of uninterrupted concentrations. It works the same way for larger manipulations. Basically the rule is, the more complicated the manipulation, the more concentration she requires. If she pushes herself beyond what she’s capable of, she could severely injure herself, perhaps even die. Her flight is something she’s been able to master, her speed increasing the more and more she trains. The distance is what weakens her after time.
    Now, at night, when the sun is below the horizon and invisible to our side of the world, her ability of flight and manipulation of weather are taken from her and the moon replaces them with other powers. She can create force fields, around herself or anything else she chooses that she can see. The more precise, or larger the force field, or the longer she has it present again requires a lot of concentration and strength. Same thing applies, too much could very well kill her. Forming force fields around things she can’t see, but only envision is something she hasn’t attempted because of the intense difficult and huge amount of strength it requires. It takes years of practice and dedication, along with a teacher who has mastered the ability his or herself. The only teacher she knew of this power was killed in battle, and so the art is very well lost with his death. Also, she gains super speed. And lastly, all five of her sense are heighten to astronomical lengths at night. She can hear conversations that are 20 feet away as if she was standing right next to them. See perfectly as night, and her smell is so powerful she can detect scents in people and animals like a dog. Taste is also enhanced, but has yet to be very useful sadly lol. Her sense of touch is enhanced the most out of the five, giving her rapid reflexes. Kristie, just like all of her people, cannot sleep. It’s just not part of their genetics to sleep, they body does not allow it. They get their rest by relaxing in the light of the sun or moon.

I hope these aren’t too over the top.. If so, I’ll edit and tone them down if need be.

Weapon: A pair of long , curved daggers, each of which are strapped to the outside of my thighs. Two of these: http://www.andreas.blicher.info/images/Curved_Dagger.jpg

Background: Kristie comes from a community of mutants who have the same powers as herself. With the exception of herself and few others, her community was whipped out. The darkness came with all its numbers and strengths, exterminating us in the blink of an eye. We were a fair sized village, but only about 50 of us were trained soldiers to fight off the threats. When it was clear there was no win for us, we gathered our loved ones and ran as fast as we all could. It was too late sadly, and the darkness had engulfed all but a few. The others that survived and I split apart, searching for other communities like our own to warn and perhaps, start a new life with.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:06 pm

It’d been nearly two days since the massacre. Since I’d lost everyone I’ve ever known, everyone I’ve ever loved. A mother, a father, two sisters, a fiancé. All taken by.. Well, I don’t know what took them. I know only what I saw, but still I don’t know what it was, why it did what it did, and how it gained such.. Power. At the back of my mind I couldn’t stop thinking about it, and the pain from the loss.. But there were better things to be doing, better things to be thinking about. I needed to warn others, help prepare them in any way I can, and offer my assist should they believe me and accept me. It’s been two days though, and so far I haven’t been able to find any communities like my own.. Just human cities. Useless being, truly. But, when the Gods created us, I guess they had to make something out of the failed scraps.

“Finally!” While in the train of though, I spotted a village that looked secluded from the greater community I could see farther off. A sign? I don’t care. It’s the first sight of civilization I’ve seen in hours, and there was no passing it up. From above the clouds I shot down towards the green earth, feeling the still rising sun beat down its morning light. This stop would a long one, should it fail I won’t take off again until noon, when the sun is the highest. Pushing flight since the very first crack of light for this long was a mistake on my part. I’m huffing, panting and drained. I need time to relax and soak up some strength. It will be-“SHIT PAY ATTENTION.” I didn’t realize how close to the ground I was, and to avoid slamming my skull into the dirt, I slowed myself down as much as I could in the little window of time I had. Still, the speed I was declining at was too fast, and the vibration I created when slamming against the ground was enough to be noticed for a least a click. Well, so much for a peaceful greeting. I suppose I should try and find someone.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:59 pm

I can hear the murmurs of fear, disbelief, and doubt: both inside their minds and not.
    "Silence!" Elder Niro growls and I can't help but roll my eyes. He's a little over the top most of the time. I look over at Danny as he asks his questions, and then back toward the Elders, waiting for an answer. A little Elder (she's quite the nerd; always inside, reading... I have no clue how she stands it) comes forward and looks at the gathered group nervously.
    "This Darkness is something that has been around for eons of times, longer than human history has been around. And, if I may be blunt, we are not so special as to be attacked with us being specific targets. This power is rolling across the land destroying any and everything in its path. There are other civilizations of superhumans such as ourselves, and although we may have isolated ourselves, we still have recieved word of some of their demises. We need to act for we cannot be dependant on others to act for us. Either we act, or we die." This sort of eerie silence settles over the hut. A little bit more urgent than everybody ha- I whip my head around as I hear something outside. And feel something that is definitely human. Or well.... Not completely animal.
    Elder Territa... I start just as she turns her head, eyes glassy, mind tuned to the outside. She turns to me and nods, dismissing me for the time being. I try to crawl away disreetly and quickly run out of the hut. I can't lie, I feel a little proud and superior, being the right hand 'man' for some of the Elders.
    I'm walking along, feeling quite happy with myself, when I see something I believe to be a girl in front of me, sort of looking lost. A stranger. In these times, that's a dangerous thng to encounter. I slow down and then stop, not taking my eyes off of her. I start... Transmitting? To Elder Territa, making sure our psychic link is open, and engage the stranger.
    "uh, hello?" As an essential rule, I never, ever reveal my powers to a stranger on first contact. It's always purely physical, mundane, human-like. Nothing to give away anything.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 pm

Ooc - Murdoch, I'm just curious and I wanted to make sure. At this point, do you know Dante and Grace have powers, or no?

Bic - An Elder walks forward to talk and answer questions, mostly to Danny's questions. He leans back against the wall as he tries to push back the fearful thoughts creeping through his mind. This thing, this "darkness!", as they called it attacked everything, not just village. This meant it didn't have a conscience really, just a nature instinct to destroy. Danny wondered if the "darkness" even created thoughts, or, perhaps worse, had someone controlling it. These were all questions he wanted to ask, but was too afraid. Both for himself, and for others; he didn't want to scare the younger children.

Suddenly, the floors in the hut shook, and there was a boom sound outside. Danny jumped forward and watched as May jumped up and out. One was out to deal, so Danny was happy to protect the ones here. Suddenly, a young boy at the age of ten jumps up. His name was Richard and he could create balls of energy in his hand. "Something's outside!" he screamed in both fear and excitement. "Let's go check it out!" he smiles, not fully understanding as he runs towards the exit. Surprised by his actions, Danny re-acts. He pulls his hands up, and drags them back down towards his right. His wrists flicked as the travelled from the top left of Danny's body, to the bottom right. His right leg was pointed out too. Simultaneously, the water from the pot rose, then covered the door in a fast and powerful manner. Danny clenched his fists, and the water froze, sealing the exit. "Sit down Richard!" Danny's voice rings to him, almost like an annoyed older brother. "Now is not the time for your shenanigans."

As Richard returns to his seat, Danny's eyes move to the Elders. They looked for confused the frightened, so Danny thinks (though isn't sure) that the sound likes isn't the "darkness". He walked past the other kids to where the Elders were standing. "What's going on, this isn't the 'darkness', is it? Is May alright by herself?" He then realizes a thought that never really occurred to him until now. Grace and Dante. Would they be okay from the potential threat? Danny knows the Elders have yet to trust them, so he didn't asked. The look on Elder Aldric's face, however, told Danny he understood what was going through his mind.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:12 am

[[Sorry, what? I'd think it was fairly obvious that they knew that they have powers, since they've been using them and I have made reference to them using them in the past XD Nobody else (Besides the Inquisitors) knows that they have powers, and Grace's CopperClouds are usually enough to stop people prying into their thoughts, but yes, they know they have powers, and are practiced at using them]]
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:05 am

Ooc - Sorry, I didn't mean you. I meant everyone else's character in the role play. I know they know >.>
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:35 am

[[No, nobody else knows; they've made an effort to disguise their abilities from everyone...hence why they're eavesdropping rather than being involved. XD]]
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:48 pm

Not exactly a cheerful greeting.. But I suppose I don’t look like the most average, simply approachable person. Especially compared to how she’s dressed.. Similar to most of the places I’ve been in my life, the human areas. I like the idea on some levels actually; blending in as to not be singled out or cause chaos. Probably would have been a smarter idea when I started going to unknown cities.. Especially since they all turned out to be human cities. However, being distinguished as something they don’t understand creates a certain fear.. I assume it’s what kept us hidden so well for all these years, because no one wanted to admit our existence. So, no one ever went looking for people like me. Anyways.. I’m getting carried away.

“Hello to you to?” This would have been a lot simpler is she was a child.. It’s easy talking to them. Usually quite stupid. “I apologize for the disturbance, and the.. rather ugly dent I’ve made in your lawn.” The area around me, about four feet in diameter was now flattened yellow grass. My hopes are she doesn’t give two shits about a damn lawn.. A nasty first impression doesn’t help when I want answers. “There’s really no point in trying to explain what I am. Either you are one, or you’ve seen too many of us on your televisions. If you’re human I’ll be on my way, if you are what I hope you to be.. I ask the favour of speaking to someone of authority.”
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:50 pm

Ooc - just waiting for May
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:36 pm

OOC: As am I.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:10 pm

OOC: Sorry about the delay eh =__=

BIC: I look at this stranger with a blank expression plastered on my face. Size her up and, maybe a little regrettably, listen in on her thoughts.

"No, I really don't give two shites about the lawn, being completely honest. Although Elder Territa may. But no worries about her." I start off. Her thought about the stupidity of children makes me stifle a laugh- oh, how I know what she's talking about. I can name a few that make me question the future of super-humanity. I realize my face had been slowly moving to the ground as I had been thinking, my head sort of bowing down. Not all too polite in general conversation.

"Now see, it depends on what sort of authority you're looking for. If you're looking for the earthly authority that supposedly rules this village, you'd best head toward the Elder hut where we're having a meeting that probably should involve you now. If you're looking for spiritual authority, you'd probably have to look toward the ghosties. Although, being honest, they're not the easiest entities to find around here." It's all about her reaction now; whether or not she can be trusted will be determined both by this and by later psychic probing, hopefully by Elder Territa and not the hackass Niro.

Everything is fine, but we've got a superhuman visitor on our hands, I broadcast to the Elders (excluding Niro; the thought of how pissed he'll be excites me in a pretty dark way) and to Danny, who's yell I heard all the way out here. Honestly, his thoughts about Grace and Dante pissed me off a little bit, those two can fend for themselves, but whatever. Everybody's got their infatuation, right? Except for me. I'm a special little flower.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:37 am

Danny stood in front of the Elders, watching the younger kids. There were many residents in this village to begin with, so Danny knew everyone there (the youngest being five years of age). Most of them couldn't defend themselves, even if they wanted to, which is what scarred Danny the most. If the darkness did attacked, more of these kids would fall like a leaf in autum. He wouldn't allow himself to stand idle while helpless people get attacked, which is one of the reasons why he was nervous for Grace and Dante, not having any powers at all.

Suddenly May'a voice rang in Danny's head. He sighed at the feeling before turning to face the Elders. "Do we let 'em in?" Danny asked allowed to the Elders. They stood there for a moment as the Elders spoke (save Elder Niro, being left out of the group). "They could prove to be an ally, but we must tread carefully until we know more." Danny nodded. It made sense, not letting a stranger waltz in so freely.

Danny walked from the Elders to the middle of the crowd. "Dawn," Danny called out. "I need you to help me." He spoke as he moved closer to her. Once standing a few feet away, he continued. "I need you to help me to protect the young kids should anything... Happen," he hesitated, not wanting to think about the possibilities. "Thank you." Danny allowed Dawn to organize the kids as she saw fit. Danny trusted her judgment and her abilities. He stood in front of the ice covered door, took a deep breath, and closed in eyes. In a swift movement, Danny raised his hands to the height of his chest and dropped them. The ice fell into a puddle of water in the entrance. But no one was out there; not in the immediate area. Danny cautiously exited the hut to see May standing opposite a girl dressed entirely of white. He stood at the enterence (after surveying his surroundings), and kept an eye of the newcomer. With Dawn and the Elders protecting the kids, Danny felt free to aid May should she need.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:32 am

Grace's eyes widen slightly at the sudden shockwave, suddenly burning pewter to maintain her balance and avoid being knocked off of her feet; the source of said shockwave was so close to her that she has to risk a peek over the side of the building in order to make sure that she isn't in any immediate danger...and then she ducks back down quickly to avoid being seen; there's a new girl in town, and one who is obviously fairly powerful. If Grace and Dante get outed, then it's highly unlikely that they'll be trusted, even with their abilities and Dante's immense reserves of charm and charisma. Of course, this new girl just arrives in a shower of mud and is welcomed...that chafes a little, given how Dante and Grace were initially welcomed into the village. Of course, Grace's bronze burning lets her know that the girl - May - is using a power...what it is, she doesn't know; Bronze is most effective at finding Allomancers, but it works well enough for other powers.

A hand closes around her shoulder and she spins around, elbow streaking towards the source. The elbow is caught easily, her arm twisted behind her back and a hand clamped over her mouth. She struggles a little, until she recognises the face; Dante. He smiles at her and releases her, before sitting next to her and eavesdropping with her...obviously he wanted a closer look as well, and figured that if he was going to get closer, he may as well get into the protection of Grace's CopperCloud.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Ghosties? She can’t be more than a few years younger than me.. And she’s going on about GHOSTS? Well.. I suppose being foolish is better than her trying to get rid of me, or kill me. Not sure whether to take it as humorous.. or an insult. “No offense to the.. Um, ghosties, but I doubt they’d be much use to me at the moment.” I responding, trying to keep together an apologetic smile while doing so. “The Elders, sounds more like the people I would like to speak to. I don’t want to interrupt their meeting however, so unless I’m invited in by them, which according to you I should be, I think I’ll stay here and wait for it to be convenient to them.” Unless this girl has figured out already why I’m here, I doubt this meeting is anything I should be a part of. Their village matters are their own, nothing of my business.. Well, for now I should say. I know I talked about starting a new with a new village of people similar to myself.. But, I’ll know when I’ve found the right place. Maybe this will be the place.. We will see.

“If you could let them know I’m here and waiting though, I would appreciate it.." I paused, making a gesture with my face and hands that I had no name to address her by.
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:57 pm

I cock an eyebrow and give a little laugh as I hear her thoughts. Oh has she got a whole helluva lot to learn. I feel Danny's mind a little ways behind me and call out a greeting.
    "Hulloo Danny boy! Care to join the party?" I turn back toward the girl and once more open my mouth to speak, "the name is May, by the way. And yes, this meeting does in fact concern you. What destroyed your village is hungry for the rest of the world. Don't be so naive." Now, I realize this may be a little rude, but oh well.
    "I think we all need to be friends now and head back on over to the hut. Shall we?" Elder Territa, we're heading on back to the hut with my new bestie. She may be of some help. I convey both messages and turn on my heel, beckoning with my finger as I head back into the hut.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Her sudden voice change towards me was.. Startling actually. What happened to the hospitable girl that I was having a nice conversation with? I don’t think I said anything that would be offensive.. At least not overly.

Then, it clicked. Oh, I may not have said anything, but I did think some stuff that I suppose wasn’t the nicest.. That’s something I should have been looking for while I was talking. It was stupid to not watch to try and figure out what her powers were.. Mind reader. Effective, nosey, but God that must be useful at times. Ha.. Come to think of it, she probably hears me right now. This is.. Sort of cool.

So, let’s play with this. “Sorry if I don’t have the greatest of opinions. Can you ever turn that off? Choose not to hear someone’s thoughts?” I thought to myself, looking for a verbal response from her as we made our way to the tent, and her friend.. Danny, I think that appeared to be eavesdropping.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Danny watched as May and the new presence spoke. May called out to him, but Danny didn't respond. He kept this gaze fixed on the girl, analyzing her. Her movements, her speaking, her intentions. From the cracks in the ground that she created, she must be powerful. And even though capable villages and the Elders were in the hut, Danny saw himself as the first line of defense. The girl wasn't attacking — didn't even appear hostile — which was good. He grunted his response to May's called and stood his ground as they approached the opening of the hut.

Danny stepped aside the way of the girls as they entered, but Danny still did not give up his gaze. He was weary and threatened by her and extremely cautious. I don't like this May, he thought to himself, though clearly directed to her. A powerful persons comes to us as the Elder's speak of impending doom... Not something I like. He doubted he would change anything, but he was free to say them. Before following the two in the hut, Danny gave one more check of his surroundings, making sure there were no late arrivals or anything of the sort. Happy with his outlook, he walked inside.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:06 am

[[Yeah, I can't say much ATM...besides, I'm gonna be gone over the weekend (Friday-Sunday), since I'm going up to the Festival of History Smile Be back on Monday!]]
    Mayday
    Mayday

Post by Mayday Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:26 pm

OOC: Sorry for the delay, peoples. Quick filler post for now

BIC: Nah darlin', I can't really turn this off or tune ya out. It's something that develops with time- the better I know the person, the easier it is. And anyways, this is sort of like my way of strip searching you. I give a giggle as I speak to the girl through my mind. She doesn't seem to be half bad. Maybe a little on the uptight side, but overall pretty cool.

Now, Danny, don't worry. Elder Territa is on the case of monitoring this chick's mind. And I'm pretty sure she's on the okay side. From what I can tell, her village was destroyed by the very force we wish to destroy. And that's all that I get to say to him (in his mind, of course) before we enter the hubbub of the Elder hut. Well, chaos is more appropriate a word. There are kids running everywhere, screaming, screeching, some looking like they're enjoying what's happening.

And then there's the Elders. Elder Niro looks like he's about to blow his top, Elder Territa looks like she's just about given up, and Elder Aldric is sort of standing there, attempting to take control.

"What the?..." I ask aloud with an eyebrow raised as kids barrel into me. I make sure to corral those few who try escaping back inside as I try to quell the insanity.

"You two, help!" I yell over at Danny and the girl (who, according to her mind, is called Kristie). Before anything else can happen, we need to get control of this crowd.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:36 am

“What real hell is this..” I was stunned by what I was seeing. There were people.. children.. running around like they belonged behind the bars of a zoo. My God, is this what they call a meeting? I- Oh, shit.. Is she still listening? I really don’t like this. I wonder if mind reading can be reflected.. I like my privacy, I WANT my privacy.

Then, I jumped at May yelling towards me and Danny. My eyes bulging at her demand, shifting around the room at the disorder that was not calming down anything soon. What the hell was I supposed to do!? I don’t handle children! I’m not a mother, a babysitter, or anything that has ever put me in the position of disciplining a child. I’ve disciplined adults.. Older teenagers, but this was in training! I doubt I’m allowed to physically strike anyone in this room.. Disappointing actually. They look like they could use a good knock to the brain if they think this is how you behave in front of your commanders.. Er, Elders?

“Unless you’d like me to make them think the sky is falling.. I think you’re on your own.”
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:38 am

Danny was rather surprised to see the anarchy that sprung to life in the hut. Children were running around and some using their powers. Danny turned to the Elders in shock and confusion. He didn't understand how crazy they has gotten in such a short time. Danny then turned to Dawn with a disappointed look on his face. He had asked her to keep the kids safe, which this is far from in this chaos. Danny sighed and took a step back from the crowd of rampaging children. As loud as Danny's voice was, he wouldn't be able to shout over this, even of he projected his over.

A bit away from the madness, Danny inhaled softly, and exhaled sharply. He took two strides forward before jumping in the air and sliding onto a solid position on his feet. Both of in hands (clenched in fists) swung in a vertical circle before Danny landed, and ended up in a position above his head. As he did this, water rose from the pots, swirling around itself and then covered the ceiling in water (except abover the Elders). Danny then opened his hands and dropped them down. The water fell from the ceiling in a heavy rain like event. The kids stopped what they were doing and screamed at the water and if they moved, they were just jumping around in the spot. Now is when Danny's booming voice would come in handy.

"Listen up!" Danny projected over the dying down screams. "I want everyone to stop what they're doing and sit!"

"But it's wet and-" Most of the kids protested but Danny wouldn't have any of it. "Sit!" he said as if scolding a son or daughter. "I don't want to heard another word." He finished off as the children sat in their original spot. Danny looked around, his face easily showing how unhappy he was with the kids. He then spread his legs apart to be just past shoulder length, he then punched the air as he faced towards the kids. With his hands in the same position, he moved them up and around until he was facing the pot. The water then rose from either the ground or people and traveled back into the pot. Everyone sat completely dry as if they had never been wet at all. With the water put away, Danny dropped his stance and walked in front of the kids. He crossed his arms over his chest and stood there looking the kids. "Now I don't know what happened," he began. Some kids wanted to interrupt him but he raised his hand and continued uninterested as to what they had to say. "And I don't care. But we may have a serious issue on our hands and you guys are incapable of sitting still for five minutes. Now shut up and listen so we can finish this meeting." It was honestly like Danny was the older brother to these kids. He had gotten so use to how they acted and responded that Danny truely felt like their older brother (and at this point, not a very happy one).

Danny stepped away from the crowd again and let whomever continue. He got the kids quite so his job was done. Danny shot a quick glance towards the new girl, who he still didn't know the name of, before facing the Elders. He still didn't trust her as he normally doesn't with newcomers. Grace and Dante were different because at least they didn't have any powers to harm us, and they seemed friendly, followed our customs. Danny swung around to them very quickly. But this girl seemed more dangerous. Unknown and powerful. Danny didn't like that.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:38 am

The pair listen with interest, safe in the knowledge that they are all but undetectable; the so-called meeting has descended into chaos, with everybody shouting and screaming and crying together...the fact that Daniel is able to get them under control, however, is interesting...they can't hear what he does, but it is almost certainly to do with his power. The older kids obviously have quite a bit of authority, but sometimes they evidently need to...remind the kids of that authority. Dante looks at Grace.
    "We've learnt everything we can like this," he says quietly, and Grace nods. They've learnt all they can sitting here and eavesdropping. They need to somehow get into the inner circle if they're to learn any more - in context that is - and judging by Dante's look, he has a plan. Grace grins.
    "What do you suggest?"
    "They already trust us...what if we came to the rescue...?" he trails off, and Grace's grin broadens. She nods slowly.
    "That...could work." Dante doesn't respond, but a glint does form in his eye as he gets to his feet, retreats to the back of the roof and drops himself over the ledge. Grace watches him go, shaking her head slowly...he's always been the plotter in their duo, and his mind always works at such a pace that she finds it difficult to keep up, even knowing him as she does. On this occasion, she knows what he's planning...and she loves it.

It seems like an eternity to Grace, but in reality it's only a few minutes before Dante reappears on the rooftop beside her, grinning maniacally. Daniel has subdued the rowdy children, and everything has gone quiet in the hut. Grace grins, too, as she catches Dante's evil smirk...the perfect time to sow some carnage. And once the carnage reaches a head...they'll swoop in and save the day. They'll have to make it believable, of course, but they're very good at doing that...and with Dante's unique abilities, they can draw on as much charm and charisma as possible. And of course, Daniel would never believe ill of his precious Gracey, now would he? She chuckles quietly at the thought.
    A few minutes later, the Elder Hut directly beside the meeting-hut literally implodes, stone and mud and straw and wood flying everywhere in a cloud of dust and rubble. Before anybody has a chance to move, however, the wall of the meeting hut explodes inwards from that side, showering the room with small bits of wall and ground. Smoke fills the room, along with a throaty laugh. A shadow appears in the smoke, filling the massive hole in the side of the hut, a hulking brute of a thing that slowly cracks his neck, moving it slowly from side to side.

"I am sorry to disrupt this meeting," the voice says coldly and calmly, "But My Master cannot have you planning against it..." another chuckle. That is, to be fair true; though the implication is that he serves 'The Shadow' or 'The Darkness,' as they call it, and not some local enemy...and all the better that they believe The Inquisitors the servants of The Shadow. Dante and Grace plan to keep their plans secret as long as possible; if nobody knows what you're up to (or that you're up to anything at all), they can't stop you, right?
    The Inquisitor steps further into the room. Since both of them look the same, it would be impossible to tell them apart, even if they were here together...which they aren't. The creature stands at just over six feet tall, with large, defined muscles that on any ordinary man would make him look bulky...on the Inquisitors, it makes them look big, but still fairly lithe (relative to their height, of course). The two large iron spikes that are driven into his eyes give him a fearful, horrifying appearance, and even given his suggested blindness, he surveys the room with a chilling gaze that seems to direct itself effortlessly to the individuals in the room. Its vision is outlined with blue lines that dart and crisscross everywhere, giving them a uniquely accurate view of the room...as such, the smoke and dust doesn't effect its vision at all.

It is barechested, allowing the other two spikes in his pectorals to be seen, one of which protects it from any mental abilities these teenagers have, the other one giving them control of time itself, to an extent. The other two spikes in its back are visible if you're standing behind it...other than that, its legs are clad in a pair of black leather jean-style trousers with chains hanging a little way down them, and his pockets jangle as he moves. He tilts his head to the side, smiling a nasty smile.
    "Who is going to die first?" he asks nonchalantly.

[[Sorry, got bored...and this is really the only way that my characters will be able to get involved (in a roundabout kinda way). Have fun!]]
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:18 pm

ooc - Did you edit this Murdoch? I didn't see it the first time I read it. I do like the edit though.

bic - It seemed like only seconds had passed before chaos once again erupted in the hut. Unfortunately for Danny, it wasn't the kids. He had just got them to settle, most of the kids barely talking scarred they'll cross Danny or upset the Elders (apparently now realizing what their mistake was). No, it wasn't the kids. The roof and walls began to shake which was what first caught Danny's attention. He walked into the centre of the crowd and listened. He wasn't sure if others had heard or felt the shakes, but it didn't matter to him; it made him feel uneasy all the same.

Suddenly, one of the walls exploded within the hut causing all the kids to scream. Danny threw this arms over his head to protect himself. Instinct took over in that moment and he only tried to protect himself (like every other person in the hut). Most of the kids ran behind Danny - not because they expected him to protect them, but they were simply trying to get as far away from the hole in the wall as possible. The worst was yet to come however. A figure appeared in the dust of the explosion. A large monstrous figure strolled in from outside and stood predominately in the hut. The sight of it made Danny forget about the explosion. Danny tightened his fists and widened his stance. What IS that thing?, Danny hissed in his thoughts asking the question to himself and anyone else listening to his thoughts.

Danny shot a sceptical glance at the new girl. She appears moments before things creature. She either brought it here or sent it upon us. His gaze went back towards the man. It's voice was strong and deep, his tones sending shiver down Danny's spine. Danny's eye's tightened as he spoke. No one here was dying. Not today.

"Richard," Danny called out, not daring to look behind him. "I need you to take the kids and bring them to safety. Just keep them out of the way and safe." Behind him Danny heard the sounds of children organizing themselves as quickly and quietly as possible (though the quiet part could use some work). Elder Aldric moved over to the kids and helped organize them. He would help protect them and bring them to safety. The older kids were left to fight. Danny took another step forward, much to his chagrin. This would be the first real fight Danny would be in. His training was over; Danny had to finally fight for himself. The thoughts didn't ease his worry.

"Who are you?" Danny called out. "And what do you want?"
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:16 pm

The explosion of the wall in the hut.. Everything before it was a clear blank. Like it was wiped from my memory completely, to make room for what was going on right now. The entire thing, from corner to corner was disconnect from the hut, leaving a grey and brown cluod of dust in it’s place. Not even the fresh light of the day was penetrating it, leaving that area completely blind to us for the moment. Once the debris had settled, there was a brief moment.. A second literally where that was thought to be the attack, but I was soon shown differently. A beastly creature.. Huge and hideous stepped from the dust and showed itself proudly to those in the room. Did it physically rip the wall off? Or was it an ability it carried? It’s vast strength was obvious.. But is that all it could do? What other advantages did this six foot tall monster have?

I could hear it speaking.. But it was muzzled in my ears while I was still lost in gazing towards it. I’d never seen anything like it.. Wait, what was it that it said? ‘…planning against it…”. Did that mean it worked for whatever Darkness is sweeping the land? How did it get here undetected?! How did I not feel it’s presence? I’d spent a night fighting the ungodly things that killed my home and family, I should have been able to feel it!! Yes, this creature gave off a vibe as well.. But it wasn’t the same. Not even close. How could I not feel the threat coming? How did no one here? I was furious! Both with myself.. And the monster. Well, I think I’ve spent enough time on this self rage fit... How about we do something about this?

I shot a glance towards Danny, I think.. Seeing him order the children to safety. I saw what he did earlier.. With the water to relax the children. If he can control it, I have an idea to easily rid us of the issue standing before us.

I concentrated on the sky above us, channeling the darkest clouds I could to cover the blue that shined brightly behind it. They formed quickly, swirling and clashing together violently. Lightening.. That’s what I wanted. I couldn’t use the air to my advantage until he was outside and safe distance from the children. I could feel the sparks as if I was a cloud myself, building and flying amongst the dark clouds just edging to strike down wherever I commanded it to. Let it build I thought.. Wait for the right moment. My hands themselves began to let off small sparks from the anticipation.

I stepped beside Danny, furious at what he was doing.. Or, what he wasn’t doing. “Stop playing 20 questions and KILL IT! Give me the word and I’ll give you as much water as you want. An endless supply to your disposal.” I couldn’t let him know I wanted the monster outside, just incase the thing can hear me. The knowledge of our powers was unavoidable, so that was no secret.

Finally, I looked at the beast. Directly to where it’s eyes should have been that were replaced by two massive spikes. “Not this time.” I said, a rage filled look on my face. The cockiness it possessed.. I have no idea if anyone here is trained for combat, but it can’t possibly think it could take us all on and win? I don’t know what ability the girl has besides her mind reading.. But I hope it’s something useful. As well as the Elders.. The leaders had best not back out of a fight.

Outside in the environment I created, the wind was picking up.. forming to the anger in my own mind. The weather was connecting to me emotionally. Some people think that’s an advantage, well it can be, but with the wrong emotions it can be catastrophic. I can’t see it being a bother this time around. Anyways, the clouds shifted amongst themselves faster and faster, with sheet lightening going off without my consent. It had no choice though, it needed to let off the steam from me holding back on the bolts it so wanted to strike on the Earth. The frightening part was.. I didn’t know how long I could keep this up. I’ve been travelling for so long that I’m close to drained. If this thing had attacked while I was alone, there’s a good chance I’d lose. But it’s now.. Or never. I let the bolts go, about four of them, directing them on an angle to hit him from behind, avoiding the hut completely. I couldn’t go setting this thing on fire now..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:45 pm