Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+4
Burn It
Zalgo the Imminent
Murdoch
Faith Wynters
8 posters

Roleplay Brainstorming

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Roleplay Brainstorming - Page 3 Empty Roleplay Brainstorming

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Firstly, if I need to move this someplace else I will...

Now... This will be where we think over everything I just didint want to litter up the CBOX with logistical things. SOOZ here we go. Remember to be respectful of all ideas because they are all important.

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I)
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Roleplay Brainstorming - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplay Brainstorming

Post by Burn It Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:58 pm

Not necessarily. Like I said, don't worry about it lol
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Well alright then. As I said in the chat. For eveyone: If no one volunteers to write up the setting by later tonight I will try to write something up tonight. No promises though.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:15 pm

Well, I'm not sure about what setting I would come up with, so...yeah. But to answer Faith's question, it's difficult to explain but sometimes certain species wouldn't really fit in...like how would you get a Gorgon or Harpy into modern day? It would take some backflips to do, haha. Just like Zalgo says; the presence of a human raised in a different world would necessitate the existence of this other world, which would add a new dimension onto the RP that may just not fit. I'm more than happy for Zalgo to play that sort of character, so long as it wasn't another world per say, just a different layer of the world you know...for example, a human raised in a Fae community in a secluded part of the world, where magic and whatnot is still strong. That would certainly work, I think, without having to accommodate the "Different world" or "different dimension" from your original idea, Zalgo.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:22 pm

You're not understanding, Changelings weren't raised by the Fae. They were stolen by the Fae and forced into slavery/objectification by the Fae until they escaped. Could've been adults when taken, forced to change, etc. Could've been days, weeks, months, years, decades, centuries even, Arcadia has no sense of time. The Fae as I envision them aren't the happy good fairies of modern-ish legends, they're the malevolent Faeries of old.
    Jade Hawk
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:36 pm

I like the combined idea =) although I'm definitely not the right person here to write it up. I'm quite possibly the most confused, but I'm used to that. Whomever writes it up, please can you also include a very brief summary to go with it? I find it hard to join roleplays on a story intro alone. Maybe the person who writes it or Murdoch could come up with a couple sentence summary? =)
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:55 pm

EDIT: This post comes across as more aggressive than I originally intended. Whilst it gets the point across...well, yeah. I've had a long day and am running short on patience, so I beg your forgiveness for any offence caused by my relatively hostile tone.

Zalgo, you are completely missing the point of what I'm saying! I'm not objecting to the premise of the Fae themselves, just the presence of an entirely different dimension that would have to be explained in. Zalgo, go and re-read my post and actually respond to the point that I am making. In case you are having some difficulty figuring it out, I will reiterate it here:

- I don't care what the Fae are doing with the kids. That isn't my point of contention, and arguing that point is completely missing the point of what I am actually saying.
    - I don't care about the sense of time in Arcadia.
    - I don't care whether these Fae are nice and airy fucking fairy or evil and vindictive.
    - I don't care when the humans are taken.
    - In short, the things you keep trying to correct me on or convince me of are things that I don't give a damn about.

Here is what I actually care about, and the point you seem to keep missing:

I'm not convinced that an entirely different dimension/world exists for the Fae to live in. I don't think that it would fit into the world we are leaning towards creating, and I don't know if the premise of there being another dimension that you can step into or out of would mesh well with the type of Fantasy that we're creating. That is my objection to your Fae idea. As I said in the post above,

"I'm more than happy for Zalgo to play that sort of character, so long as it wasn't another world per say, just a different layer of the world you know...for example, a human raised in a Fae community in a secluded part of the world, where magic and whatnot is still strong. That would certainly work, I think, without having to accommodate the "Different world" or "different dimension" from your original idea, Zalgo."

There would also be the case of "What exactly would the abilities be, and what limitations/weaknesses would it have?"

Would you mind addressing those points rather than picking bickers with semantics in an attempt to argue a point I'm not contending please?

And I'm sorry if this post comes across as rude or aggressive, but I have stated this objection three times without any sort of rebuttal or address from you, Zalgo. You either ignore this concern completely, or respond without responding. Please and thank you.

And Jade, I would be happy to write up a brief summary of the plot. I would come up with a plot idea, but I'm facing a bit of writers block, haha. Maybe I'll come up with something a bit later, if I have time. XD
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Let me spell this out plain and simple for you, then, Murdoch.

1.) The Hedge/Arcadia are mentally taxing, fucking the mind up beyond repair if stayed in too long. Insanity is a worse fate than death for Changelings, as an insane Changeling can barely keep their Mask up to hide their Changeling form from normal humans. They don't like going there, so it's not likely for them to go there for any reason besides necessity. That and there are only certain gates into the Hedge/Arcadia, and most if not all of them are exceedingly difficult to get to and/or find.
    2.) Changeling powers and abilities are called "Contracts", since they literally invoke a clause of a long-standing contract between their former Fae masters and the living world. These Contracts come at a cost, be that cost the Changeling's emotional energy, called Glamour, or something more mundane, albeit difficult to acquire/do, like breaking a mirror, stealing clothes too big/small for the Changeling, playing music for an audience of at least 65% of the people currently around him/her, other such minor catches that the Changeling might be wary of doing due to not wanting to attract too much attention to themselves.
    3.) Limitations and weaknesses are dictated by the Seeming/Kith. The character I'm planning on playing is a Mirrorskin Darkling. Darklings are known for having major difficulty invoking Contracts during daylight hours and even more difficulty if they can directly see the sun. On top of that, all Changelings are limited by their Wyrd and Glamour, Wyrd being the supernatural spark inside them and Glamour being emotional energy. If they run out of Glamour, they can't invoke Contracts and, depending on how the Glamour was lost, their Mask falls, revealing their Fae nature to all nearby, including normal humans. The average Changeling has a very limited amount of Glamour. (Read: about enough to invoke a Contract 3 times a day maximum.)

Is that the information you were looking for, or do I have to try again later when we've both calmed down a little?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Try again, because you have missed the point yet again.

From my post above:

" I'm not convinced that an entirely different dimension/world exists for the Fae to live in. I don't think that it would fit into the world we are leaning towards creating, and I don't know if the premise of there being another dimension that you can step into or out of would mesh well with the type of Fantasy that we're creating. That is my objection to your Fae idea. As I said in the post above,

"I'm more than happy for Zalgo to play that sort of character, so long as it wasn't another world per say, just a different layer of the world you know...for example, a human raised in a Fae community in a secluded part of the world, where magic and whatnot is still strong. That would certainly work, I think, without having to accommodate the "Different world" or "different dimension" from your original idea, Zalgo."  "

The important bits:

- I'm not convinced that an entirely different dimension/world exists for the Fae to live in. I don't think that it would fit into the world we are leaning towards creating.

- I'm more than happy for Zalgo to play that sort of character, so long as it wasn't another world per say.

- for example, a human raised in a Fae community in a secluded part of the world, where magic and whatnot is still strong

The ease with which getting into this world isn't even the point; it's obviously easy enough for the Fae to get into our world often enough to create effectively a whole new race, so my question is simply "Why does it have to be another dimension, the concept of which may not mesh well with the RP? Why not have the Fae inhabiting a secluded and magically sealed aspect of Earth instead of an entirely different dimension?" Are you missing this point, or are you just being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn?

Do I have to spell it out again, or have you actually understood me the fifth time I have stated this reservation?
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:27 pm

Really? I didn't cover that with the "Changelings don't like going there because madness is bad for Changelings" bit? It doesn't even have to be a part of the roleplay, it's just fluff! Is your ego so big that you can't deal with one character adding fluff to a game simply because you think the fluff won't fit? I'm pretty sure at least one if not two others are fine with me playing this character, and you're hung up on it because of one part that probably won't even see play in the game.

I'm starting to think it's not such a good idea to join a roleplay with you if all you're gonna do is argue points dealing with world-fluff.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Did you miss the part when I said that I was fine with you playing that character? I'm not convinced that that part of the fluff would necessarily fit the world we're creating, so is it a crime to point that out and say "I'm not convinced?" Is YOUR ego so big that you can't stand the thought of changing one aspect to your fluff because Zalgo is Always Right and Zalgo is Perfect and Zalgo always throws a strop if he doesn't get his own way? When creating a story and an RP, it's important to make sure that the world is internally consistent so plotholes and loopholes don't appear. If the other dimension doesn't matter and is "just a bit of fluff" as far as you're concerned, why dig your heels in over changing one tiny aspect of it slightly? This isn't the Zalgo Show, and if you propose an idea and somebody is unconvinced, it's your job to convince them...NOT start accusing them of being arrogant and egotistical when they ask you to convince them of your idea.

If you are able to convince me that this bit of fluff fits the setting, I will happily change my mind and go "Ok, fair enough." Instead, when faced with the slightest opposition, you either ignore it or accuse them (me) of being egotistical or arrogant.

The feeling is mutual. I don't think I would enjoy an RP where another player is so dead set on getting everything his way that he throws a tantrum when told that somebody isn't convinced.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Point of information - Who gives a flying fuck. Cause I know I sure don't.

If this other dimension won't even be seen in the RP.. Why does it matter? Why does anything regarding it to need to be altered? Why does it even need to be included in the RP? Someone answer that for me. I think both of you hit a nerve, and you both just blew up for no good fuckin' reason. The language being thrown around is unnesscary.

Oh and for the love of GOD if someone responds with a "He said this so I said this back" statement, Im going to give everyone a time out. If you don't want to be treated like children, stop acting like it.

Do you guys want to do a RP? Yes? Good. So let this go, move on. And take a nap if someone is still cranky. This makes it awkward and annoying for people in the background, as Im sure Faith and Jade done want to have to put up with this in general.

SO. My final two cents.
    Zalgo; the comments you made in your argument were totally unnecessary. Insults and snaps are not the way to convince anyone of anything, regardless if you feel you're point isn't being made clear. Play nicely my dear.

Murdoch; Why does he need to convince you of anything? Im sorry to say it like that, but seriously. If I don't care, and Faith doesn't care, and Jade doesn't care, why do you need to pick at his character? If you don't want to work with the Fea dimension, than don't write it up. Someone else can.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Oh, and another thing. If you guys are going to hash it out - do it in the chatbox. Not OUR brainstorm thread. So the rest of us don't have to put up with it.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:19 pm

Well, I can admit that I overreacted and for that I apologise. As I noted, I've had a long ass day and am a bit stressed...so I flew off the handlebars at nothing. So I'm sorry. I suppose it wasn't over the actual reservation I had, just that I had stated it several times without him actually addressing it. In terms of why he needs to convince me...well, if you propose an idea and somebody expresses a reservation or doubt, it's up to you to explain and convince if you can. In terms of fluff, I'm just a big believer in fluff being relevant and fitting with the story, and you know what? I wouldn't mind it coming into the RP later on. In fact, I think it could be extremely interesting for the Fae realm to come into play later....which is why I wanted to nail down its exact nature and make sure it fit with the setting.

Yes, I can be pedantic, but it's because I want the story to make sense. I didn't pick at his character at all. I stated that I was fine with the character that he wants to create...I was just unconvinced about one specific part of his backstory. I got annoyed that he seemed to be avoiding my concern, and then that he was digging his heels in over something he himself deemed small and unimportant....so got wound up on top of everything else that's happened today....so for overreacting, I apologise once more. It wasn't exactly mature of me, and I let this get heated and unnecessarily aggressive. So again...I apologise to everybody here, and I apologise to you, Zalgo, for being overly aggressive.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:23 pm

I suppose I have a tendency to overreact and beat around the bush. I try to explain things in a way that some people don't understand, I suppose, and I'm not that good at picking up on certain things people are asking.

I accept your apology on the condition that you'll accept mine.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:26 pm

And there we have it. Harmony once more. Life is so much smoother when people give less of a fuck.

Now. Back to the roleplay.
    Where were we?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:29 pm

I accept your apology, Zalgo.

As for not giving a fuck, Burn It...well, refer to C-Box for that. If people don't give a fuck, they don't make an effort *shrug*. I would rather take the time to create an RP that people want to play, than go in half arsed and have this one die like every other RP on this site.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:02 pm

I said less of a fuck, not giving zero fucks. Yes, the point is to create a RP that we all enjoy, but if we all go at a little too seriously nothing will get accomplished. Give a fuck about what you're doing, not what others are doing (y)

Anyways. Again. So it seems we're all good with going with the combined idea and working it together. Let's please get something written up - If Im to do it (which I would really rather not) than it wont' be until the weekend. As I have exams Thursday and Friday. Leave out the species for now. Let people look at the general setting (place and time, that's it. Descriptions of the area we live. City, Urban, Country, etc.) and see what people want to do. THEN We'll toss in species. Sound good?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:04 pm

That's what I've been advocating Razz Sounds good to me.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:10 pm

I vote for a big city. Huge. Busy, dense, high population.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Big city sounds good.
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:21 pm

I'd say we should start in a big city, but have the flexibility to have some events happen elsewhere, like a country or an industrial area...no need to hamstring ourselves, eh?
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Yes, people can go wherever they want. So a big city is our starting point. What do we think the where, and how of this Underground will be?
    Murdoch
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Well, I would imagine that there would be a variety of things going on in the underground...there would be several factions competing for survival, but trying to avoid the eye of the government....I would imagine that some of them would be like gangbangers in that they would try and pressgang those who decided not to join the factions into said factions. There would likely be blackmarkets and illegal businesses and activities...basically a criminal underground that just so happens to be geared towards disguise and survival than profit.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:54 pm

In my mind when I envisioned the setting I thought it would be almost like the troll market in Hellboy (Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgILAGfI_KU). Of course depending on how modern out setting the asthtetics would change or whatever. But the idea is the same. A place hidden away from the world and the only way to enter would be some magical doorway or whatever, but still an entity on its own.  Do I make sense?

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zalgo the Imminent
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Goblin Markets! Markets run by supernaturals for supernaturals! You can get anything there, spell components, Contract clauses, vials of blood, a dying man's dreams, various trinkets, Goblin Fruits, rare, hard to get things no one can find easily! Rules are simple and complex at the same time.

Rule 1: No weapons may be drawn in the Goblin Market unless they are being inspected by a potential buyer. Any weapon drawn for any other reason shall be confiscated and the one wielding it will be removed from the market for up to one lunar month.
    Rule 2: Only those who have taken an Oath with the Head of Market Affairs may sell wares in the Goblin Market. Any who tries to sell wares without taking an Oath will be removed from the market for a year and a day.
    Rule 3: No using supernatural powers in the confines of the Goblin Market. This includes any spells, Contracts, transformations, or what have you. Any violators will be removed from the Goblin Market for a year and a day.
    Rule 4: No stealing. Violators will be removed for up to one lunar month.
    Rule 5: No fighting or sparring except in designated arenas. Violators will be removed for up to one lunar month.
    Rule 6: Password changes every day. Merchants, Guards, and Market Regulars will be notified telepathically of the password at the moment they wake up that day. Any who tries to enter the Goblin Market without the password will not be allowed to enter the Goblin Market.
    Rule 7: No dealing in slaves. Anyone found to be dealing in slaves will have their wares removed and be exiled from the Goblin Market for the remainder of their days.
    Rule 8: To do business at a Goblin Market, one must be carrying an object that means something very dear to the one attempting to conduct business. This applies to both parties. If no such object is carried, business will not be able to be conducted, as per Goblin Contract.
    Rule 9: All sales are final. No refunds.
    Rule 10: There will be no intimidation or threats against the merchants of the Goblin Market.

Does this please the court?

Last edited by Zalgo the Imminent on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a couple rules.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:10 pm