Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

One on one?

Cass
    Cass

Read Me One on one?

Post by Cass Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've been bored out of my mind recently. Would anyone like to cure my boredom? I normaly one on one with guys, but girls can do, we can just do a non-romantic one.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Read Me Re: One on one?

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:24 pm

I smile at him, he’s got a hard shake. It’s good. I release before turning, and letting myself out of the house the way had came. I’m quiet for awhile, standing out on the sidewalk, looking up at the skies. I don’t know exactly what to do now. I feel my muscles tighten before I stretch out in a yawn. Was I tired? No, it couldn’t be.
    :: Sorry Cass, I've got a Jazz gig, Won't be back until after 9:45 Central
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:35 pm

I hear Lawrence leave. I was alone with my dad. "Well, Cassidy," I hear my dad say and he comes around to sit in a chair. "Why were you out so late tonight?"
    I take in a deep breath and let it out slowly. "It helps me clear my mind, fresh air," I say.
    He nods slowly. "You know, you were lucky tonight. You could of gotten hurt. Lawrence just happened to be there at the right time."
    I look up at the ceiling. "I know dad, I know. It's not safe," I mutter.
    "Just...be more careful next time. We wouldn't want to lose you," he says, getting up.
    "Really dad?" I whisper.
    He stands there looking at me. "Really, Cassidy. You're my baby girl. I would be devestated if I lost you. Why would you think different?"
    I shake my head and sit up. I'm kind of dizzy as I do so. "Because dad, you left me," I say.
    "For your own good, your mom and I...we didn't love each other anymore." He rubs his eyes, he looked tired. "Look, Cassidy, I love you and I regret leaving you, I do. But tonight is just not the right time to talk about this. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Tonight, you'll sleep on the couch. Now good night," he says, leaning down to give me a kiss on the cheek. "I love you." He turns and walks out of the room.
    I lay back down on the couch. "I love you too," I whisper.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:37 am

I waited only a moment before walking back toward home. I heard no yelling and I deemed that good enough for me. Even if they were yelling, what could I do? My apartment seemed far off from this street, even though it’s really not far. I take in a short breath; I can tell that I’ll be more than tired when I get to work. I sigh quietly, never having to worry about that before. I yawned quietly, wondering if that was a sign from my body telling me that I would be able to sleep. I wasn’t worried, whether I slept or not I had to go to work in the morning anyway.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:53 pm

I stare up at the ceiling, not even attempting to close my eyes. It's not like I would of slept anyway. I feel around in my pocket for my Ipod. After finding it, I turn it on and put my earphones in my ears. I hit play and let the sound of music fill my ears. But the music couldn't drown out my thoughts from the night.
    First I thought of my dad, of what he had said. Did he really care? I wasn't sure. And there was something in his voice when he talked to Lawrence, like something had happened. Then I couldn't help but think of Lawrence. Of how he saved my life. I owed him and I'd probably never be able to repay him.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Even though I was slow about walking toward the apartment I still made it home sooner than I expected really. The sun wouldn’t be coming up for another few hours.

I stumbled toward the backroom of my apartment. I needed to shower and I needed to at least lay in bed, even if I couldn’t sleep. I knew that if I waited to shower I wouldn’t be able to even get comfortable. The salt hung on my body as I striped out of my pants. I walked to the window, looking to the face that looked right back at me. I shook my head, running my hands through my hair.

“You can’t hate him so much that you don’t even want to bring up his real name in conversation…James? Really?” I watch myself for a moment, but the reflection says nothing. Of course it doesn’t. Now if it’s going to come up in conversation, I’m screwed.

I grunt quietly, shaking my head as I turn, walking to the shower. I lean over, turning the two knobs as water comes out of the spout. I wait a moment before pulling the small knob upwards. I pull myself out, dropping my boxers and jumping in the shower.

Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Still looking up at the ceiling, I feel my eyelids get heavy. Today had been such a crazy day. Maybe I was actually tired, maybe I'd actually get a chance to sleep. I sigh and let my eyes close, willing myself to sleep.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:09 pm

I wait awhile before I walk from the steamy room. The mirror has steamed over so there’s no reason to style my hair. I walk out into the next room and into my own bathroom. I take in a deep breath. My head felt heavy on my shoulders as I walked around the side of the bed. I don’t plug in my cell phone, leaving it laying on the nightstand as I fall into bed. I don’t even know whether or not I can sleep, but I’ve got to try.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:25 pm

I lay there with my eyes closed. I couldn't sleep though. But I was hoping that atleast resting my eyes would help.
    I can't remember the last time I had a good nights sleep. A long time ago. It all started when my parents got divorced. I would stay up at night and listen to their endless fighting. School was horrible.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:39 pm

I don’t sleep. My thoughts are caught up with the actions of the night, and every time I close my eyes, I can’t get my mind to shut up. I was tired enough, but around six o’clock I decided to give up. I just sit there, watching the ceiling above me in the semi-darkness. I don’t have to get up for a few more hours, but I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight, just like any other night.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:11 pm

In a couple of hours, my eyes are open though. Had I actually slept? I doubted it.
    I could hear a tiny cry from Claire and movement upstairs. I wonder who it was - Angela or dad? Claire's cry gets louder and I hear footseps on the stairs. "Oh, Cassidy, I didn't realize you were down here, I'll just take Claire back upstairs," Angela says.
    "It's fine, you can stay" I say. "Somethings...happened last night."
    She comes around the couch, Claire in her arms, and sits in a chair. "What happened?"
    I explain the nigths events, from the beach to Lawrence's leaving. I left out what I had told Lawrence about dad and dad's and mine conversation.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:17 pm

I can’t sleep so after about an hour of sitting there, I decide that it would be better if I just did something around the house. I got dressed before making my way toward the kitchen. There’s something to be done anywhere in the apartment, I just have to find it and fix it or clean in. I know it won’t be long before I have to make my way toward the shop. At least I would have something to tell Jaclyn today; maybe it wouldn’t be so boring.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:00 pm

After I was done telling Angela what had happened, she patted me on the knee. "If you don't want to, you can stay home today. I know I would want to after that night," she says, looking down at Claire.
    A few minutes pass before I speak up. "Angela?" I ask.
    She looks up at me. "Yes?"
    "Why'd you come down here? I mean, why'd you bring Claire down here?"
    She takes in a deep breath and lets it out slow. "I don't know. Sometimes I just let her cry and watch TV down here. I feel like a bad mom, because sometimes I don't know why she's crying."
    "Angela, you're a great mom. You're running a business and keeping up a house."
    She gives me a weak smile. "Thanks Cassidy." She stands up. "Well, I guess I should try and get a little more sleep. See you later." She leaves the room and walks up the stairs.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:14 pm

A deep breath pulls against my lips as I walk out the apartment’s front door. It’s not as warm as it was the day before, but I know that I can always put on the jacket if it gets cold at the light goes own. Today, I’ll take the long way to work. Around the boardwalk, and I’ll look for my clothes before I actually go to work. I know that they’ll probably be gone, but it’s worth a shot.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:35 pm

I decide to go upstairs to my room. I stand up, making sure I can actually hold myself up before I head upstairs. I hadn't walked in awhile. After a few minutes, I decide I'm probably stable enough. I head upstairs and to the end of hallway to my room.
    I open my door and close it behind me. The sun was coming up. The sunrise was always beautiful. I sit on my window seat and enjoy the sunrise. The sunrise had to be my favorite part of not being able to sleep.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Silence fills the boardwalk. People are walking into their shops, but no tourists or shoppers are walking around. I wonder if my shirt will be there. I hope it is. I take in a deep breath as I walk, watching the sky as I do. I know it’ll be awhile before I get to work, and for once, I don’t care about getting work on time.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:55 pm

I hear footsteps down the hall, probably dad. It was about time for him to get to work. Although, I still wasn't entirely sure what he did.
    I rest my head against the window and look down at the people either walking or running. People tended to do that alot, run.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:02 pm

I hear the ocean in my ears as I come to the spot where everything seemed to happen last night. No creep was here now, but I looked around anyway. I was surprised when I saw them, nestled beside a trashcan. It was just where I left them. I smile quietly, bending over to pick up the clothes. It’s then that I notice the bruises on my hand. I pause, looking over them a little bit. It wasn’t bad. Just enough where I could say I got into a very short bar fight and it be okay.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:30 pm

There's a knock on my door and I turn my head to see my dad cracking open the door. "Thought you might of wondered up here. How are you doing?" he asks, sticking his head through the door.
    "I'm alright, considering..." I say. I still hadn't gotten over what happened last night. It shook me up. "You can come in, if you want." I turn around, my knees to my chin.
    "Actually, I was just headed out." He let out a breath. "I'll see you at dinner. Have a good day." He turns around, closing the door.
    "You too," I say. Atleast we were getting somewhere...
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:26 pm

I don’t realize how early I am until I’m in front of the bike shop. Jaclyn hasn’t even come by and opened up yet. It’s got to be around eight or maybe even nine. I sigh quietly, deciding that it’S not the best idea to just stand around. I felt like splurging today. Spudnuts sounded good. They were something you couldn’t get everywhere. Donuts made from potato spud flakes. They seemed odd, but something about them just made them important.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:35 pm

It seemed that right after my dad left, Angela showed up. I was still sitting in my same postion when she knocked on the door. Claire was in here carrier. "I'm going to go open up. I'm taking Claire with me," she says. "Are you going to stay here?"
    I shake my head. "Probably not. I think if I'm around people it'll be better," I say. If I was at work, I wouldn't really get a chance to think about what happened.
    She nods. "Alright, come in whenever." She turns and leaves, closing the door with her.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:52 pm

The line not only filed out the front door, but it grew almost to the stop sign down the block. It was long, but it was worth it. They were made fresh as you came in and you could actually watch them make the golden deliciousness. It’s nice, once you get into the shop. The smells are incredible; The grease and the sweetness of the glaze. I don’t realize it until my stomach starts growing that I haven’t eaten since the lunchtime before.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:03 pm

After about ten minutes, I decide to get ready. The longer I sat here the more likely I would think of the previous night. I change into a pair of shorts and a floral tank top. I slip on some flip flops and throw my hair up in a pony tail. Looking at myself in the mirror, I decide to not even bother with make up.
    After I get some money and put my phone in my pocket, I walk downstairs and out the door.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:26 pm

“What can get you today?” The woman’s Hispanic accent rings through the store. Somehow, she outtalks the hustle and bustle of the workers. There’s only one cashier, and that’s her. Something about her brings a life to the line.

“Yes, I’ll have…Three Raspberry filled ones, two chocolate covered ones, and a half dozen regular glazed” My words are simple, and the woman doesn’t ask questions about the quantity. She’s got a job to do. She calls out the order and one of the others rushes to make my box of doughy deliciousness. I pay, quietly, and the woman waves me out of the way.

“Have a nice day” She speaks, looking to me and away before I grab my box and start out the door.
    Cass
    Cass

Post by Cass Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:33 pm

It was beautiful out today, not too hot either. Not yet anyway. There were kids out playing in their front yards, some waved. To be young again, to have life so simple.
    I round the corner and I'm already on the boardwalk. It was busy this morning. People out and about doing whatever.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:40 pm

The box is warm in my hands as I take the next corner toward the walk. The walk is on one side of town, but all the businesses and apartments were centered on the big money-maker in town which of course was the board walk. I take in deep breaths as take the long strides toward the bike shop. I’ve been waiting in line long enough that I might be late if I don’t hurry.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 pm