Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+6
Burn It
Capri
Jesseses
Danny
Brandon
Howl City
10 posters

Night World Roleplay

Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Read Me Night World Roleplay

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Group Roleplay
    Night World Roleplay
    Please repost with only permission on the condition that you have to credit Earthbound, the original creator.
    This roleplay is based off the Night World series by L.J. Smith. However, I made certain changes to the plot to fit it into a roleplay format since the last novel has not been released yet.

The series presents a story in which vampires, witches, werewolves and shape-shifters live among us humans without our knowledge. These supernatural races make up a secret society known as the Night World, which enforces two fundamental laws to prevent discovery: 1) Never allow humans to gain knowledge of the Night World's existence and, 2) Never fall in love with one of them.
    That rule was broken many times when the ‘Soulmate principle’ came back. Often mentioned in the series, the soulmate principal is the theory that if two people are connected by a silver mental cord (the silver cord can only be seen by the soulmates), they are soulmates. The silver cord can also be used to sense what his/her soulmate is feeling. The soulmates are drawn to each other and can sense each other’s feelings and thoughts mentally.

Species Overview:
    Vampires: There are two types of vampires in the Night World. Lamia and ‘made vampires’. Wood and fire acts as poison to all Vampires.

Lamia: Lamia is the term in this series for those who are born as vampires. They age, eat and grow as humans do, but also have the ability to stop the aging process at any point they please; however, once a lamia that has stopped aging decides to begin aging again, the aging process will be accelerated so that their physical appearance will match their true age in a short amount of time. Also, the Lamia are able to have children, unlike the "made vampires"

Made vampires: Made vampires are humans that have been made into vampires by exchanging blood with lamia or with another made vampire. Since older people cannot survive the physical transition, all made vampires look about age nineteen or younger. Also, unlike lamia vampires, made vampires do not age, eat and cannot reproduce.

*During the blood exchange between a vampire and a human, if the human dies before the blood is completely exchanged, they will awaken as a ghoul, where their only aim in life is to kill and eat(In essence, ghouls are zombies)

Werewolves: Silver and fire acts as poison to all Werewolves. Like vampires, werewolves can be born as such and also be made. Unlike vampires, werewolves must kill every time they feed because they need to consume organs. Thus, Night World law states that werewolves can only kill and eat animals. In the Night World, werewolves are treated as second-class citizens and are the victims of prejudice and racism. Werewolves are actually a branch of Shapeshifters. However, werewolves make the majority of shapeshifters and therefore is considered a different race. They are stronger than vampires, especially on a full moon but is slower and controlled by their instincts. Werewolves often have low intelligence.

Witches: Witches practice magic with the aid of herbs, gemstones, effigies and incantations, all of which may be used in a spell. However their magic is innate and does not always require external aids, although these can accentuate their power. They most commonly use ‘witchfire’ as their primary weapon which is a fully visible, orange ball of energy that they shoot out from their hands by concentrating their magic. Witchfire, when fired is essentially a fireball that can hit objects with the force of a football player. However, witches can fire only so many of these balls. Witches do not have super-strength or super-speed and iron acts as poison in their blood.

Shapeshifters: Shapeshifters had control of the world long before witches and vampires. Their leaders were known as "Dragons", beings that could change into the form of any animal as long as they have had physical contact to that animal.To kill a dragon you must take off all of its horns. Normally shapeshifters can only change into one pre-determined animal form, such as hawks, bears and panthers. Silver acts as poison in shapeshifters.

Groups:
    Circle Daybreak: Normally, circles only consist of witches but since the apocalypse has been drawing near, circles now represent any groups of Night People. Circle Daybreak wants to bring peace between the Night People and humans and also prevent the other Night People from killing. Every witch on the planet has now joined Circle Daybreak. Meanwhile, only a fraction of vampires, werewolves have joined Circle Daybreak. Every shapeshifter, except Dragons and Werewolves have joined as well.

Circle Midnight: Wants nothing more than death of humans. Composed of the majority of Vampires and Werewolves left on Earth. Dragons, the shapeshifters that can turn into any creature they’ve had physical contact with ( animals, different human individuals, you name it) are also part of Circle Midnight. Dragons can also, incidentally shapeshift into dragons.

Circle Midnight has declared war on every human and circle daybreak and has been killing everything in sight for the past few days. The world is on a war, a war between humanity and otherworldly creatures. The Night People simply regenerate if not killed by the substance that are poisonous to them. You could shoot them with bullets and not kill them unless it’s made of wood for vampires, silver for shapeshifters, etc. Bombs have proven to be useless and only caused more human casualties.
    So join as a member of one of the two circles and join as any of the Night creatures or a human. Fight for your cause and become the last one standing!

Lamia: Evony-Circle Midnight, Edward Circle Daybreak, Kristie-Circle Midnight
    Made vampires: Danny
    Werewolves: Lupus
    Witches: Violet Circle Daybreak
    Shapeshifters:
    Dragons: Landon ( Me)Circle Midnight

Soulmates: ___ &____ are soulmates
    ___&____
    ____&___

Last edited by Howl City on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Read Me Re: Night World Roleplay

Post by Danny Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:50 pm

ooc - Edited Howl. And hey Mercy Very Happy
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:53 pm

Name: Mercedes [Mercy]
    Species: Werewolf
    Looks: intense forest green eyes long eyelashes. Sun kissed brown hair, edgy and pin straight, comes a little past shoulders, parted to side and side bangs.
    Body Type: Curvy, thin. Hourglass; toned.
    Clothes: low cut black tank top. worn low slung jeans with a tear in the right knee. A slightly over sized black hoodie, normally wear my hood over my head all the time.
    Jewelry: Necklace with symbol for chaos on it.
    Personality: Closed off, quiet, and shy.
    Height/Weight: 5’5 + 110 pounds

Werewolf Form:
    I'm a smaller Werewolf, I only stand about 4'5'' and I'm thin/lean, unlike the bulkier Werewolves. But I'm known for my speed.
    I was a threat to my Pack's Alpha. My eyes change a gold color, and my Wolf she goes by Mercedes. She's violent and will snap easily. She also has no problem in hurting people. She hates when someone tries to rise over her in authority; is VERY territorial.
    Abilities/weakness: Supernatural speed, the Voice of an Alpha, unnaturally strong, silver hurts me. I also don't have control when my Wolf takes over, it's a reason why I was a threat, my Wolf and I aren't one, we're two very different personalities.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:55 pm

is this okay?
    and hey Danny Smile
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:58 pm

OOC: It's great, Mercy! Smile
    BIC: I see that the witch is now beside the vampire, safe and sound. I sigh contently though I don't even know the sorceress. Had I become softer somehow throughout the near-death experience? Though my injuries are mostly healed, I'm dead tired and wants nothing more than rest. I let my body hit the ground and I stay there, staring at the sky.

"Beautiful," I say again, but this time, tears flow down my cheeks. Me, the ruthless and terrifying dragon reduced to tears just by a scenery of nature. I know that some divine force and other shapeshifters will curse me for this but I no longer wish to kill.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:04 pm

My eyes flicker to a golden iris color, and I stalk forward, quiet as a mouse. My feet barely touch the ground as I drift forward through the trees. My pack had kicked me out... I was a loner... An omega, not wanted by my own pack. I let out a small growl as I hear something... My eyes flicker towards the sound of something falling onto the ground. I creep forward and find someone laying on the ground, their eyes glossy with tears. I frown, licking my lips, a smile creeping onto my face..

"Why... Hello there." I say, giving a toothy grin to the stranger laying on the ground.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:08 pm

OOC - wow, sorry my writing is a bit rusty. Sorry bout that guys Sad
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:12 pm

OOC: If your writing is rusty, mine's corroded. Razz It's good.
    BIC: What the? A girl has popped out of nowhere and she decides to just say 'hello' to me while I lie on the ground, injured and tired.

"Hi," Is all I manage to say while I stare at the girl with the golden eyes. She's undoubtedly a vampire or werewolf but which one is she? Is she with Circle Daybreak or Midnight? "Are you.. are you with those Daybreakers over there?" I point at the vampires and the witch.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:18 pm

I place a hand over my mouth and let out a whimsical giggle as he asks me if I'm with the daybreakers.

"No, silly." I say, crouching next to the poor injured stranger. My hair falls in my face a little bit, as I examine his wounds, and I lick my lips slightly....
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:23 pm

BIC:
    "You do realize that they're still debating whether to leave me alive or just put me out of my misery?" I ask the strangely cheerful girl but I can tell that she could chop off and break a head or two when she wants to. I get on my two feet and face the girl. The Daybreakers haven't noticed her yet and if I can get her to get me out of here, I can avoid death for sure but is that just? Should I leave my fate on the three there or escape with regrets?

I'm faced with an ultimatum and I don't know what to do.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:29 pm

My lips part slightly as the stranger stands and I tilt my head a bit. I could tell by the look on his face he was contemplating something in his mind. I smile darkly.

"You understand I can help you..." I say, my voice light and sweet... Lure him in... He seems too injured to fight back.. If I lured him into thinking I can help him escape, then I could have his flesh for dinner.... I smile at the thought... but my smile shatters.

Mercy [the human]: Do. Not. Kill. Him.
    Mercedes [Werewolf]: I growl slightly and mentally kick Mercy down again. I could hear her gasp slightly from the power of my kick. 'Stay out of this, pathetic human'... I say in my mind to Mercy and she whimpers slightly.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:33 pm

"I understand that," I truly do but I'm not about to not pay for all the crimes and deaths I caused. "I will leave my fate up to those Daybreakers. If they want me dead, I'll be dead. If they think otherwise, I can help them once I heal. Which side are you on anyways, if not a Daybreaker or Midnighter?" I question the vampire or werewolf. I don't remember the Midnight forces so she must be a ... rogue?
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:40 pm

I let out a small giggle behind my sharp teeth, "I don't take sides..."

I look behind me for a moment at the Daybreakers and then back to the man, "It's not so hard... Bust a few heads, break a few legs... You can be free..." I say, my voice a hushed whisper as I take a small step closer to him and place a hand on one of his wounds.

"Though I doubt you'll make it very far beyond this if you let them injure you anymore.." I say in a tsk-tsk kind of way, shaking my head as I let the blood from the wound drip between my fingers.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:46 pm

The wild look in the rogue's eyes tell me that this girl isn't exactly in control of herself. What would happen after we somehow beat the Daybreakers anyways? The girl must've always been a rogue, not a pair or a trio but a rogue. She would find a way to dispose of my afterwards and I hated to think in what way she would.

"I'm staying so thanks but, no thanks," I direct her hand away from my wound as she collects my blood.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:50 pm

"Staying?" I growl, my eyes deepening into a more vibrant iris color. I shake my head.

"Mine."

Mercy [Human]: STAY AWAY FROM HIM! I scream at Mercedes mentally.
    Mercedes: I growl angrily, Go away Mercy. I scream right back.

The body begins to shake slightly as anger flashes into my eyes. I was tired, and more importantly I was hungry. I crunch my bloodied fingers into a fist and I snarled at the man.

"Look.. I was kicked out of my Pack... And I'm tired, and hungry.." I say, a small, dark smile creeping onto my lips as I felt my body shake more, wanting to shift and lose control.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:51 pm

I finally heard movement after a couple moments of waiting, which came faster then I had originally planned, but I wasn't complaining. The movement however, sounded close, hard and extremely sudden. Itwas not the normal sound you would here when someone approaches you. Instead of listening to the person approach and the sound grow more and more, this was an instant presence of someone who was not there moments ago.

Speed, amazing speed. Vampire, hopefully. If not then someone or something with equal capabilities. I couldnt assume anything at this point though, just hope that it's someone of little or no threat.

I flex the muscles in the cut calf, which caused another thin layer of blood to poor out Ns cover my skin a little more. They would have to approach soon, my body would soon heal it with how generated I am currently. I had to make them think I was really hurt, and healing before their eyes maybe fatal.

I let out another screech of equal volume, but carried on as long. I recovered my head and as my face was buried in my arms, I gently smirked to myself.

OOC- sorry if this kind of sucks. I'm on an IPod -_-''
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:55 pm

"Look, I'm a dragon, the one who can transform into anything he comes in physical contact with. A true shapeshifter, the king of shapeshifters and you," I pointed at the girl. "Are probably my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grand-daughter. So back off, child." I brush her hand by the side, learning her DNA just in case I need to change shape.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:55 pm

OOC : Sad Agh, sorry, I need to go for dinner. I'll be back in two hours or so.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:00 pm

I let out a sharp laugh, "Ew... The old fart thinks he's related to me." I roll my eyes, placing a hand on his shoulder casually.

"Look," I let out small snarky laugh, "I think you're just one of those over-cocky old folks who think they know everything...."

I smile darkly, "You might want to think again..." My shakey body begins to shift uncontrollably. It was painful, but I felt alive. I shake off my clothes and shift into my wolf form, my eyes sparkle with amusement.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Violet watched the dragon leave. Would he keep is word? “We should leave… He spared my life. I think it would be fair if we did the same. Besides, don’t you like a challenge? It wouldn’t be a challenge if you fight him now.” she looks back towards where the dragon walked. She wants to go help him but it wouldn’t look right. A DayBreak helping a DayNight. “What if we get him to work for us? Let him be a spy…” she looks at Danny. “I’m going to go talk to him…” she grabs her bag. She pulls out a few gems incase she needs to do a spell.

ooc- I'm losing my touch..
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:01 am

BIC: The wolf shifted violently and shaked all over. By the time the violent shaking settled, in front of me was a wolf with golden eyes staring at me as if I was a chew toy.

"Slightly amusing transformation. Nice touch with the fur," I taunt her, though fate is against me. If I was at my full-strength, I could battle the witch, the male-vampire and this werewolf at the same time. However, it had only been weeks since I awoke from my centuries-old sleep and I was only a fraction of my original strength. I had no chance of now.

"Listen, shapeshifters are dragons' descendants so you should pay your respect to the elders. I don't wanna be eaten and the witch looks like she wants to talk with me so..." I looked her in her golden, ferocious eyes and tried to reason with her to not attack me.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:23 pm

My eyes lock onto the shapeshifter and I give a toothy grin, my eyes gleam with amusement. My eyes flicker over to the witch... Could this be my lucky day? Two meals? I turn back to the male and jump forward, using all my weight to push me forward, hoping to knock him over.

Mercy [human]: Stop this!
    Mercedes [wolf]: I suddenly feel a tug on my control of the body and I jerk slightly with a growl. I could feel the body twitch as Mercy struggled to gain control...
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:53 pm

..Waiting for one of the guys to write...
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:01 pm

"It wouldn't be a fight," I mutter bitterly with my arms cross. I watched as I girl shifted into a wolf. She looked strong, dangerous.... out of control. "I don't trust him, them," I tell Violet, starring at the pair. Even they seemed to be fighting. What a chaotic day. Violet begins to walk towards the two, but I grab her arm with my speed, spinning her around. I looked her in the eyes.

"Be careful. I'm saying not to go, but I'm not forcing you to stay. I don't care how weak he is, he's dangerous... so is the wolf. She holds power," I tell her, quickly glancing up at the wolf before back to Violet. "Understand?" I let her go, watching Violet walk towards the two before I turn around to go see who used the Call.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:15 pm

What Danny said got to her. She hopes what she is about to do wont get her killed. She looks at Danny and smiles a little. “If anything I’ll yell for help” she puts on her backpack. Violet looks down at her hands looking at the gems. Only if she had enough energy to put on to sleep… violet ties up her hair, getting ready for what is coming her way. She walks slowly to the injured dragon. Her eyes were on the wolf. For she is well and powerful. Something that she is not at the moment. Violet wanted to look back and tell Danny she is scared now but how would that look? She starts to remember a spell her mom told her when she was little to get rid of fear. Violet whispers the spell “Locked in, boxed in, full of fear, my panic grows manic until I can't hear, in need of reprieve so that I can breathe, remove my fear, please make it leave.”
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:50 pm

BIC:
    "W-what kind of spell are you chanting?" I didn't let my guard down for even a second and examined the witch carefully. If she was about to attack me when I spared her life, I wasn't about to do ita gain. The werewolf smiled a horrific smile fool of bloodlust. None of these two were my ally and they had me from both sides. Ugh, what a day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:11 am