Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

+6
Burn It
Capri
Jesseses
Danny
Brandon
Howl City
10 posters

Night World Roleplay

Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Read Me Night World Roleplay

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Group Roleplay
    Night World Roleplay
    Please repost with only permission on the condition that you have to credit Earthbound, the original creator.
    This roleplay is based off the Night World series by L.J. Smith. However, I made certain changes to the plot to fit it into a roleplay format since the last novel has not been released yet.

The series presents a story in which vampires, witches, werewolves and shape-shifters live among us humans without our knowledge. These supernatural races make up a secret society known as the Night World, which enforces two fundamental laws to prevent discovery: 1) Never allow humans to gain knowledge of the Night World's existence and, 2) Never fall in love with one of them.
    That rule was broken many times when the ‘Soulmate principle’ came back. Often mentioned in the series, the soulmate principal is the theory that if two people are connected by a silver mental cord (the silver cord can only be seen by the soulmates), they are soulmates. The silver cord can also be used to sense what his/her soulmate is feeling. The soulmates are drawn to each other and can sense each other’s feelings and thoughts mentally.

Species Overview:
    Vampires: There are two types of vampires in the Night World. Lamia and ‘made vampires’. Wood and fire acts as poison to all Vampires.

Lamia: Lamia is the term in this series for those who are born as vampires. They age, eat and grow as humans do, but also have the ability to stop the aging process at any point they please; however, once a lamia that has stopped aging decides to begin aging again, the aging process will be accelerated so that their physical appearance will match their true age in a short amount of time. Also, the Lamia are able to have children, unlike the "made vampires"

Made vampires: Made vampires are humans that have been made into vampires by exchanging blood with lamia or with another made vampire. Since older people cannot survive the physical transition, all made vampires look about age nineteen or younger. Also, unlike lamia vampires, made vampires do not age, eat and cannot reproduce.

*During the blood exchange between a vampire and a human, if the human dies before the blood is completely exchanged, they will awaken as a ghoul, where their only aim in life is to kill and eat(In essence, ghouls are zombies)

Werewolves: Silver and fire acts as poison to all Werewolves. Like vampires, werewolves can be born as such and also be made. Unlike vampires, werewolves must kill every time they feed because they need to consume organs. Thus, Night World law states that werewolves can only kill and eat animals. In the Night World, werewolves are treated as second-class citizens and are the victims of prejudice and racism. Werewolves are actually a branch of Shapeshifters. However, werewolves make the majority of shapeshifters and therefore is considered a different race. They are stronger than vampires, especially on a full moon but is slower and controlled by their instincts. Werewolves often have low intelligence.

Witches: Witches practice magic with the aid of herbs, gemstones, effigies and incantations, all of which may be used in a spell. However their magic is innate and does not always require external aids, although these can accentuate their power. They most commonly use ‘witchfire’ as their primary weapon which is a fully visible, orange ball of energy that they shoot out from their hands by concentrating their magic. Witchfire, when fired is essentially a fireball that can hit objects with the force of a football player. However, witches can fire only so many of these balls. Witches do not have super-strength or super-speed and iron acts as poison in their blood.

Shapeshifters: Shapeshifters had control of the world long before witches and vampires. Their leaders were known as "Dragons", beings that could change into the form of any animal as long as they have had physical contact to that animal.To kill a dragon you must take off all of its horns. Normally shapeshifters can only change into one pre-determined animal form, such as hawks, bears and panthers. Silver acts as poison in shapeshifters.

Groups:
    Circle Daybreak: Normally, circles only consist of witches but since the apocalypse has been drawing near, circles now represent any groups of Night People. Circle Daybreak wants to bring peace between the Night People and humans and also prevent the other Night People from killing. Every witch on the planet has now joined Circle Daybreak. Meanwhile, only a fraction of vampires, werewolves have joined Circle Daybreak. Every shapeshifter, except Dragons and Werewolves have joined as well.

Circle Midnight: Wants nothing more than death of humans. Composed of the majority of Vampires and Werewolves left on Earth. Dragons, the shapeshifters that can turn into any creature they’ve had physical contact with ( animals, different human individuals, you name it) are also part of Circle Midnight. Dragons can also, incidentally shapeshift into dragons.

Circle Midnight has declared war on every human and circle daybreak and has been killing everything in sight for the past few days. The world is on a war, a war between humanity and otherworldly creatures. The Night People simply regenerate if not killed by the substance that are poisonous to them. You could shoot them with bullets and not kill them unless it’s made of wood for vampires, silver for shapeshifters, etc. Bombs have proven to be useless and only caused more human casualties.
    So join as a member of one of the two circles and join as any of the Night creatures or a human. Fight for your cause and become the last one standing!

Lamia: Evony-Circle Midnight, Edward Circle Daybreak, Kristie-Circle Midnight
    Made vampires: Danny
    Werewolves: Lupus
    Witches: Violet Circle Daybreak
    Shapeshifters:
    Dragons: Landon ( Me)Circle Midnight

Soulmates: ___ &____ are soulmates
    ___&____
    ____&___

Last edited by Howl City on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Read Me Re: Night World Roleplay

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Random is correct except for the names. It's Daybrek and Midnight.
    Midnight= Evil
    Daybraek= Good
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Eh, your suggestion seems very interesting but I don't think Violet is on and therefore, if I try to hold her hostage, she won't do a thing, making me feel like I'm holding a rag doll.
    Simply Random
    Simply Random

Post by Simply Random Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:17 pm

I was close lol
    Hold on I'll IM her.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Hostage? Sounds like fun. So how are we going to do this?
    Simply Random
    Simply Random

Post by Simply Random Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:25 pm

lolwut smiley
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:28 pm

I snarl has he heals is wounds. So he wasn't as weak as he appeared. I grab his collar, pulling him up before punching him, releasing my grip as my hand connect. I grab him again, about to pull him up, when I hear Evony's voice. "And why should I spare his life? Why shouldn't I let him suffer for a bit before I kill him?" I asks annoyed. My eye still on the dragon, my fist still in the air, waiting for something before I punched him again.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:55 pm

I'm tired of this guy punching me and beating me senseless. Forcing my muscle to my extremes, I whirl out of his grasp and picks on the easy target, the witch. Without any spells and a physical strength of a human, she's the easiest one to take hostage. Though, if I was given another life, I wouldn't have done it to someone so gentle.

"Back off, children. You come any closer and I'll slit her throat." I have my left arm around her neck and my right hand only inches before her throat. I can see the witch gulp and stay locked in her tense position. It's not like she really has a choice but, oh well. "I have super-speed and strength too, you know. I'll easily slit her throat before you can even touch me." I know that I have the edge here and I back away slowly.
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Violet was mad she got caught. She gulped. "Would you really do it?" She whispers. Violet looks at her bag that was in between Evony and Danny. She puts her hands on his arm trying to loosen his grip. "This is what I get for trying to be nice" she mutters to herself.
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:29 am

ooc: Kristie, I'm not in this group lol. And just for the record, I don't know that I'm a werewolf right now. I was part of the midnight, but since I got knocked out. I don't remember. If you are in midnight, you can recognize me if you want lol

The city was mostly barren. I heard the crumbling of a building nearby, I made my way towards the sound slowly. There were probably going to be paramedics going to help the people in that building. I felt churning in my stomach. The healing process was almost done. I grunted at the pain in my head, it was more annoying than anything. I glanced downwards, towards my feet. I was only wearing a pair of ripped cargo shorts. No shirt. I was slight confused as to why I wasn't really wearing any clothes, but I shrugged off the thought as I made it in veiw of the building I had heard collapse. My hearing was acute, I wasn't sure why. Human hearing usually isn't this good. I could hear a long conversation one of them had a girl by her throat. There was alot of tension, I decided not to get involed. I continued walking.
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:59 am

OOC- Thank you all for the help - I believe I know enough to get into this finally.

BIC-

The town was almost bare, except for a few running and dragging themselves along the street. People who had received no help, people who were too injured to even bother with - What’s a hunt without a chase right? I passed by anything, and anyone.

This part had been evacuated due to the building that had come crumbling down and of course the events before that. The other side would be where the real aid was, and the real kill. No matter how recharged I may be, and how strong I may feel, I would be out numbered going in there, as much as it pains me to say. I would need more Midnights, ones hopefully seeing the situation as I was. The city was weak, dying, scared, and therefore stupid in their decisions. Now, would be the ideal time to slaughter and stain the city of their blood. Some however, just saw it as strike and leave. I come only for ultimate extermination – A mortal genocide.

I’d passed many smaller streets in my thoughts, not realizing how far I had gone really. In what looked to be a larger 4 way intersection, even my breath echoed from one side to another. The crumbled building was behind the one that stood to my left, and whispers could be heard by the cold winds. Maybe it’s destructor had stayed at the scene? Maybe finding a Midnight was easier then imaged. Maybe it was a gang of Daybreakers who’d taken out of us, and going there would walk me into a trap.

Escaping, should it be Daybreakers would be easy if I was standing in an open area such as this. Even if there was a Vampire there, they would not be nearly as fully charged as I was, so running would be safe. But in close courters, I could be surrounded before I had a chance to get out. Luring them out was my only solution – But how was the question.

Frustrated, I hissed and narrowed my eyes at the direction of the crumbled building, and voices. After, I could hear my own hiss bouncing off, and had been amplified hugely by the open streets. An idea popped into my head, not the best, but it was the best option at the moment.

At the corner across from the direction of the crumbled building, I sat down against the wall and made a small cut in the upper part of left calf. Not even to affect me, but enough to make a thin wall of blood go down it – Making it seem like a more serious injury from far away. I looked up, and let out a cry. A high pitched screech mixed with a deep hiss – It was a call Vampires released when calling for attention, or in this case, distress. It echoed and amplified as my original hiss did, just as I had hoped.

It was impossible for them not to hear it, especially if another was of my species, or the filthy half Vampires. They would know the sound instantly. This would be my only way to know what the majority was inside that building. I crossed my arms, and stuck my head in them to cover my face, keeping the appearance of an injured woman. Now, I wait.
    Capri
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

Post by Capri Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:54 am

"He could be of use to us, Daniel. We could question-" she broke of when she say Landon grab the witch. Oh, Landon, always a show off. She refrained from rolling her eyes.

Evony was about to speak again when she heard a sound. The sound. Unmistakable. A Vampire. Turning her head, Evony concentrated and closed her eyes. She caught the thoughts of someone...in pain? Hurt? A Midnight. Why did she recognize the thoughts...was it...?

Kristie. A part of the Circle Midnight. Evony knew her when she'd been a part of Circle Midnight. Well, she still was, technically. She knew Kristie didn't like Lamia. Kristie would know all about Evony being a spy for Midnight. Kristie would have no reason to attack her. But why was she using the Call? Her thoughts were muddled.

Without another word, Evony dashed down the street towards the noise and up on top of the roof tops. The movement occurred in less than a second. She jumped across the roof tops, until finally Kristie came into view. Sitting on a street and bleeding.

Last edited by Capri on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Burn It
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:14 pm

Capri, are you with the Daybreakers, and spying on Midnights? Or the other way around?
    Capri
    Capri

Post by Capri Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:21 pm

OOC-It's the other way around. I'm a Midnight, acting as one of the Daybreaks. I'm a spy ^_^. Shhhh.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:32 pm

ooc - IT'S TO LATE! I KNOW YOUR SECRET NOW!

bic - I got distracted. An idiot move, a stupid move that may cost someone's life. It what happens when I don't focus, or when I get to involved with something. I should have just killed him from the start, then we wouldn't be in this mess. But something takes over me from time to time, and it's hard to control. I now end up standing maybe about three feet away from Violet and the dragon, Evony behind me. I stand there, fists clenched. There's this high pitch sound, the Call. A vampire is hurt, so do I run to aid them (as my vampire instinct tells me)? Or do I stay here and work this out (as my brain tells me)?

I quickly glance behind to see Evony already off to help the vampire, which makes my decision easier.... sort of. "Let her go," I growl. The obvious thing to say, expected almost. Sort of like a "hello", but it hostage situations. Of course that wasn't going to do anything. I needed to get him off guard, take him by surprise. "She's got nothing to do with this. Take me. Like a trade. You let her go, and I'll take her spot," I tell him as I slowly raise my hands, show I have nothing in them, and slowly place them behind my back. "Deal?"
    Jesseses
    Jesseses

Post by Jesseses Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:32 pm

All violet did was look at Danny. If she had the right gem with her she could of wirked up a spell. Sadly they were all in the bag. This was the first time she's been in this situation. She was shocked she was so relaxed. Violet was said she isnt embattled. "Its alright Danny. I'll be okay. Besides I dont think he can go far since he is injured"
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:21 pm

"No," I tell Violet as I stare at the dragon, into his eyes, looking for... For something. What is going through his head? "This doesn't concern you Violet. You were just unfortunate enough to get caught in the cross hairs. I made the mistake, and I'll pay the price."

I start to slowly walk towards them. "What do you say?" I ask him, my voice dry again.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:47 pm

BIC:
    I laugh, not a maniacal laugh but a laugh because what the male is saying is beyond silly.
    "You would only attempt to break my hold and kill me. I could take you on almost any day but in my condition..." I don't finish the phrase but he knows I can't get away. The witch keeps silent and I'm mesmerized by her ability to not scream like a mundane. Witches aren't that strong after all.

"No deal," I snort and release my hold on the witch. "I don't
    abide by your rules so you can keep her, as long as I get to walk away. I won't kill. I don't have an edge anymore, so you can technically do whatever you want." I smirk at the witch who seems somewhat grateful.
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:17 pm

I stare at him. Was I to let him walk away? Free to kill more? I couldn't just let him walk away. But he had Violet. So was it one, or thousands. Maybe if I caught him off guard, for just a second, that would give me the chance I needed. It was risky, but it appeared to be the only way. I was close enough now, almost in arms length distance. With my speed and his injuries, it would be - is possible. I quickly shoot an apologetic look to Violet before returning that hard stare to the dragon.

"Sorry dragon. I just can't let you walk.... Take her," I tell him, waiting for that split second to knock Violet out is his grasps. Even he would be surprised to hear the from someone like me. I only hoped Violet might understand.

ooc - If you guys don't like the post, I can change it if need be.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:24 pm

"Wow," I can't believe he just betrayed his comrade. "You are stubborn, aren't you? And no, I would rather not do what you order me to do. I back away, one step followed by another, putting distance between me and the witch so that she can be secure in their team's grasp. With my remaining powers, I send a personal message to 'Violet'

'Sorry about the commotion, I would've preferred not to put you in that kind of position if I had a choice, but that vampire wants to kill me beyond anything else. I won't kill another soul unless it is to protect others, if I get the chance to live, that is.' I cut the mental connection and tense myself, getting ready to defend.

Last edited by Howl City on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:35 pm

He was letting her go. But why? Had he changed, or was he just pretending to change, a charade? I move closer to Violet until I'm standing beside her. "I'm sorry," I whisper to her. "It was meant to catch Jim off guard, to change his motivations. I value your life to just let him kill you." It was an awful thing to do, yes, but she's safe now... Would that matter to her? And how would this affect me, publicly and internally. I stare at the dragon, walking away. And what was he up too? I curse to myself. The trouble I had caused.

Last edited by Danny on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:39 pm

OOC: >Sad I let go of her and now I'm starting to move backwards by myself in my post. I'm trying to be good and not kill her, in case you didn't notice >:/
    Danny
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:41 pm

ooc - sorry. I somehow missed that >.<

Let me edit that.
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Ooc - may I join? This is my first time on Anonymatrix... Going to take a while getting used to.
    Howl City
    Howl City
    Earthbound
    Earthbound

Post by Howl City Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:45 pm

OOC: ^.^ It's ok, I do that too sometimes.
    And Omg, Mercy! It'd be a favor to me if you joined Smile
    Mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:47 pm

ooc - haha, alright.
    I'd like to be a werewolf in the midnight circle please. Bio in a moment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:09 am