Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith]

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith] Empty The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith]

Post by Faith Wynters Thu May 23, 2013 10:16 am

Life is how you’ve always remembered it. You really can’t remember it any other way than this. You wake up in a silent house, empty of all life accept your own and a cat named Blanc. You go straight into a boss yelling at you after the same old oatmeal. You come straight home after a long day of making presentations and making your boss look good. You eat alone at your kitchen table, usually having a sandwich or a soup of some sort. Then it’s off to bed, only to wake up and repeat the process all over again.

Then one day, something in your life changes. You find a girl, sitting in the middle of the sidewalk at the peak out of pedestrian traffic. You’re on your way home from work once again, and you’re tired and ready to put your feet up. People push past this mysterious girl, most step on her, or even trip completely over her. They all glare at her though, as if she’s scum of the earth. She simply watches them walk past like a deer in headlights.

They all pass her by, accept you. You’ve never seen this girl around down before. Of course, the town’s pretty big so that’s understandable. Yes, when you see her, something in your mind clicks. Something about the girl draws you closer and closer to her. Your curiosity of such an even had grown tremendously. What was this girl doing here in the middle of the sidewalk? Why does her clothing seem to be from a different time period, as if from a hundred years or so ago? The same attraction happens when the girl sees you, but for a reason far differently. What will you do with this mysterious girl? Take her home, or leave her to be stepped on by passersby?
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith] Empty Re: The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith]

Post by Faith Wynters Thu May 23, 2013 10:21 am

General Information

Name: Mira, Princess

Race: Human

Sex: Female

Back Story Information: Mira La’Mar has been a book rat almost all of her life. Born in 1081 AD, just before the Western Crusades. Her father, having gone on said crusaded fourteen years later, brought her back a protector ring from one of the Middle Eastern tribes. Click Here Having looked up everything she could about the ring, she became very interested in its history. She discovered soon after that the ring was said to hold the power of protection and good fortune. It was said to be able to power and open a “Window to Allah and their all-knowing wisdom” and “Bring one closer to their destiny” only when there was dire need of protection. More than a year later, bandits infiltrated and attacked the castle. Mira had been in the garden when the attack occurred and was soon cornered by one of the men. The tear appeared in the form of a small sliver of light seemed to just appear. In such an attempt to escape, she reached for the hole and opened the tear. Only moments later, she was in 1910. She was there for almost a year before she would once again need protection again, and the ring granted the opportunity. She was attacked outside of the theatre that she had been attending after a show. She obtained a large cut on her cheek and a knife being pressed against her back before the tear appeared and she was in another world once more.

Physical Information

Weight: 122 Pounds

Height: 5’5”

Body Type: Mira is just as most would say. She’s a young, beautiful woman. She has long legs that meet a curvatious body. Her arms are quite flimsy though and she’s not really strong because of it.

Skin color: Pale skin tone

Hair Color: A thick black shade

Hair Style: Mira’s hair is simple. She sees no reason to have glamorous hair when really she’s interested in studying. Her hair is straight and comes down to just below her breast. Click Here

Eye color: Mira’s eyes are a pale sort of green color.
    Click Here

Clothing: Click Here This is what she was wearing when she was attacked in the alleyway outside the theatre she had been attending.

Piercings/Tattoos/markings (if any): Mira wouldn’t dare park on her body in an unnatural way; it’s forbidden by her father even if they are more than eight-hundred years apart. She does, however, have a birthmark on her stomach.

Personality: Most would say that Mira has a strong heart within her. She’s a true born leader, if only she would get her head out from behind the books in the library. She is hell-bent on learning, and she enjoys showing off her knowledge. With her ideas comes some hard-headedness and naivety though. She has no real street-smarts however because of her upbringing, she is a little too easily trusting.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith] Empty Re: The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith]

Post by Faith Wynters Thu May 23, 2013 5:31 pm

The bleeding had stopped, but that didn’t mean the cut wasn’t still there. There was a small line of blood, thick and crusted beneath my left eye. I was very much disoriented. I had no clue where I was or what kind of dangers there could be here. I didn’t even know what time period I was in anymore. I had learned a lot in the past few years, but nothing would have me prepared for this.

Thick rain droplets pelted the crown of my head from above. It was dark, but it wasn’t night like it had been in 1910. Here, wherever here was, it was grey with rainclouds in every direction. The sound of the rain hitting the sidewalk and the trees was calming. I had forgotten how tired going through tears had left me last time. My dress, within a matter of minutes was soaked. As alone as I felt in this world, I was an unmovable rock in a sea of people moving around me.

Just like a rock, waves would sometimes splash over me. Each moment I sat there, silent, quiet, watching the people that walked by. Most of them were covered by raincoats or under umbrellas. It was the ones that weren’t that seemed to trip over me the most. Most were too worried about the water getting on their clothes to notice me. They stepped on my hands and sometimes would kick me. It was mostly by accident, but in the embarrassment of the moment, most of the men and women would yell at me and tell me to get the hell out of their way. What strange ways of showing ones anger…

So, I sat there, dress soaked and covered in dirt. At one point, something would rush quickly past, the loud sounds of some sort of engine roaring by. The wheels that drove it forward would splash water up onto the sidewalk and onto the commuters and I. There would be a loud groan in unison and cursing, but the people never stopped. Not once did they stop to ask if I was alright. I didn’t care though. I just pulled my knees up to my chest, watching the harsh faces pass by me. When I was strong enough, I would move, but until then, I would try to make myself as small as possible.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Thu May 23, 2013 11:13 pm

I wonder what could be making the press of people in front ot me press towards the far side of the walk away from the road. Looking towards the heavens i say a silent prayer of thanks as the rain was no doubt keeping the smell of roadkill down. Drawing closer however i catch glimpses of cream or white fabic as people stumble around the area.

As the man in front of me merges with the tide of people look once more on the fabric seen a few seconds ago and realize a young woman is sitting before me in nothing but an evening dress. A brief moment crosses my mind to leave the girl here as i watch her huddled on the sidewalk and shake the thought from my mind. The rain is starting to pick up as i squat down in front of the mysterious girl. "Hello. Is everything alright?"
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu May 23, 2013 11:58 pm

All seemed to glare down at me, not bothering to stop for a moment to see if something was wrong or if I needed any assistance. It was as if I was the one that was completely in the wrong. I take in a slow silent breath, slowly beginning to shiver for the cold of the rain.

Every once and again I would hear the calm rumblings of thunder from above, I would look up to the skies a moment, wondering what god had in store for me. What was this destiny that I seemed to be so intent on getting near? Why had I ended up in this place anyway?

I don’t realize for a few moments that, while I’m lost in thought, I’m staring at one man in particular. Our eyes have met for a while, but unlike the others that pass by, he isn’t glaring. The look on his face is one of more curiosity than anything. I avert my eyes, assuming that he’ll walk past just like the others.

I’m surprised to see that the boy stops, kneeling down in front of me. I look up from where I’ve forced my eyes to remain as he speaks. I watch him a moment; what strange eyes he had. I watch another moment before I’m able to finally force a few words from my lips.

“Fine, just fine.” My words are quiet, the mousy words shaking as they pass through my lips. I wasn’t sure what else I was supposed to say. I had learned awhile back that you didn’t just open up and tell people what was really happening to you, that would get you kicked in the Looney bin real quick.

“I’ve got low blood sugar an’ I had to sit down for a bit” That would suffice an answer for this man. I look around a moment, thinking that maybe I’ve got enough energy to finally get up. I could get out of this place and get out of the rain. I take a moment before shifting my weight, placing a hand on the ground (which gets stepped on a few times), and attempting to force myself off the sidewalk.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Fri May 24, 2013 2:34 am

The girl doesnt wince or show much of a reaction to her hand beng rudely stepped on by a few people rushing past. Standing i offer my hand and a gentle smile. "If you want i can walk you back to your house incase you get tired again, or you can spend the night at my house. Either way you should probably get inside soon so you dont freeze."

Another person knocks into this woman sitting on the sidewalk. Before he tries to shove her aside i grab his collar and pull him back. After glancing over his shoulder the the teen pulls free and begins to run with a look of fear etched on his face.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri May 24, 2013 9:32 am

There was no much point in trying to fight these people that stepped on me and pushed me over. I knew very well that it would do nothing. I was too weak to possibly fight them back and even if I did, I would just cause more of a scene than I already was. So, I let them step on me as I attempted to get up, it wasn’t really that bad, accept the one woman that stepped down on my hand with an outrageously long and thin high heel. I couldn’t help but stop and watch her as she walked away. I looked down to my own feet. I wore short pump heels that had been all the rage in 1910. They were a little uncomfortable, but these things were the real McCoy.

I shake my head as I look to the man, taking a second to process the words that had already passed over my lips. My eyes widen slightly, but I shake my head, watching as he turns to grab a ruffian by the collar. A glare seems to put the boy in his place and he bolts down the street.

I take the outstretched hand now, seeing as most of the people are avoiding us a little better now. I use it to pull myself up, feeling that, yes; I had gotten my strength back once more. Now, I had other things to worry about. I would not follow this random stranger back to his home, no matter how kind he was to me, but all the same, I had no home of my own. I couldn’t tell him that I didn’t have a house to go to.

“You’re a big-six for offering me your home and assistance here…” I trail off, starting to walk in the opposite direction that the man had come from. Something inside me tells me to take him up on his offer. Something is screaming not to just walk away. “I would love to rest if your home is nearby, but I’m sure that I’ll be fine.” I give him one flashy smile before turning and starting towards nowhere.
    “Thank you” I turn to wave at him a moment before continuing on, albeit slowly, down the street. He was right, no matter what happened, I needed to get out of the rain before I got sick.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Fri May 24, 2013 10:35 am

I watch her for a moment looking around as if she has no idea where to go and sigh softly. With a look over my shoulder towards my home i shrug and walk up behind the woman. When i get at a respectful distance i tap her shoulder. "Pardon me if im mistaken, but you arent from around here. If you change your mind about having a warm place is just around the the corner, the house with the green roof.

I fidget nervously efor a moment, trying to make it seem as if im trying to warm up alittle. "If you are going to be walking around for a while though you can take this. Its not much but it will keep you alittle warmer than your dress." Without hesitation i take my jacket off and hand it to the stranger.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri May 24, 2013 2:10 pm

I didn’t expect the man to follow me like he did. It wasn’t in a strange or creepy way, really, it was in some sort of concern for me. Little did he know, I had done this before. I was a little surprised when he followed me. Out of all of the people in the street, this was the man that was caring. I feel the light tap on my shoulder and I turn quietly to meet, eye to eye, with him. He did seem rather worried. Some part of me was screaming that I should go with him. There was something about him I couldn’t put my finger on that made me feel like this is where I was supposed to go.

Being ‘not from around here’ was the understatement of whatever year this was. I couldn’t deny that I had no clue where I was going or what I would do if I didn’t find a place out of the rain. It would seem stupid for any woman to go with a stranger someplace, but I didn’t think I had very many other options. Besides, having a warm place to stay would be nice.

I take in a slow breath, watching. We were both pretty much soaked. I couldn’t deny the shivers that went down my spine. He them offered up his jacket. I couldn’t help but smile. In 1910, they had always said chivalry was dead; maybe it had been rebirthed somehow. I watch it a moment before reaching out a dainty hand. I can tell it’s wet, but it would keep me a little warmer. I nod slowly, taking it from his hand and wrapping it around my body.He was just so inviting... Maybe I would go with this man after all.

“Where did you say that your home was?”
    I look around, still lost as to where I was.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Sat May 25, 2013 12:11 am

"My home is just around the corner, second on the left." i turn in the direction of my home and start walking at a leisurely pace then earlier. The sidewalk is alittle less crowded now allowing for an oppertunity to run if the weather turned much worse. Alittle way down the street i look over my shoulder to see where the woman went, and fail as water collects in big drops on the glasses i wear out of habit.

After wiping the lenses and a final sweep of the walk i turn back and continue home
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat May 25, 2013 9:32 am

“Around the corner, second house, and green roof” I muttered the words quietly to myself as I watch him turn. I would most likely follow him, creepily down the sidewalk. I needed to find out what time period I was in though. I could be anywhere at the present time and that wasn’t a particularly good thing. For a while I watched him down the street. The rush of people seems to have slowed, indicating what would be the end of rush hour. Now, I was freer to stand still and not get pushed over or stepped on. So, I watched him for a while, just waiting to see that he did turn that corner; just wanting to make sure he hadn’t been lying to me.

Before he makes it to the turn, he stops, takes a moment, and turns around to look again I assume. I watch him only a moment before turning and walking the other direction. I didn’t want to think that I was staring at him or something. So, I walk farther down the other street, trying to make sure I remembered where I was going. Maybe along the way I could find a paper boy or a new stand that had a newspaper. That would be the best thing for me right now.

The rain fell in big droplets on the man’s coat and on my head. Each seemed to send a chill down my spine as I walked. I had, luckily, regained my strength soon enough to be able to look around this place.

As I walked, I was surprised to find that almost every building I walked past had lights on inside and out. At one, I stopped, looking inside. The neon sign outside said, ‘Old Fashion Creamery’ and I was quite curious as to what it was for. Seeing and overhand in front of the building, I stop in front of the large glass window I watch a man, scooping heavy dollops of Ice Cream out onto a cone. What a sight! I remembered having to catch a train and ride ten miles to get ice cream. It was a surprise to see how much they seemed to have. I didn’t have very much money on me, as it seemed that I had dropped my clutch somewhere back in the alleyway. I want to go in, have a sit, and taste some of this ice cream, but I know I can’t. I’ve got other things to worry about.

I don’t notice that the storm has begun to strengthen until there’s a blinding flash of lightning and a very large rumble of thunder. I look behind me, seeing the rain begin to come down in waves and the wind beginning to blow. I sigh quietly; it didn’t seem that the weather was going to let me be on my own. The rain was now hellacious and there was no sign of life on the sidewalk, except for me. I sigh, ever so quietly, pulling the jacket closed over my front and taking off. Rain pelted me and threatened to knock me over, but there was no telling how long this rain would continue. If I was lucky, it would only be rain and not something like hail.

I was lucky for about three fourths of the way to the house. Small bits of ice began raining down on the sidewalk. I was almost back to the turn now, however, so I ignored it for the most part, and continued to run. I yelp quietly as one hit me right on the back of my leg. It stings for a moment before slowly subsiding to the adrenaline that is now coursing through me. I make it, around the corner and down the street. I look up to the roves as I count houses. Luckily, I hadn’t been lied to and the second house did indeed have a green roof. I make sure not to cut across the lawn as I make it up the walkway and onto the porch, out of the rain. I sigh as I look down: My dress sticks to my legs, water droplets fall from soaked hair, and the stranger’s coat is drenched. I make not to put it out on the line when the rain has stopped, or better yet, I could wash it first! I sigh quietly; I was making all these assumptions, but I wasn’t even sure if the man would let me in. I take a moment to adjust myself before stepping forward, my heels making hollow thudding sounds on the wooden porch, holding up my hand to the door and knocking softly three times. Pulling my hair back behind my shoulders, I wait for an indefinite response.

Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Sat May 25, 2013 11:54 am

After reaching my home i launch into my normal routine, a quick change of clothes being first on the agenda. Once complete i lay my work clothes over the edge of the tub to dry and start drying my hair. Walking back to the kitchen i crank the heater up alittle and flip the old tv on in the living room. A soft knocking draws my attention as i flip to the news.

I flip to the evening news and toss my towel over my shoulder. "just a moment." i crack the door to see the dazed woman standing on the other side. "Hello, come on in." i open the door and step aside to allow entry for the stranger as Blanc enters the hall from the other end. "I hope you dont mind cats as this is my roommate Blanc."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat May 25, 2013 12:07 pm

I hear the quiet chatter of people on the other side of the door. I wonder if he’s got a lot of people living in this home with him. I wait quietly, taking a few steps back. I feel the thick shiver run through my spine. I couldn’t keep myself warm in this wet clothing.

The door opens a few moments later and I smile lightly. It was the same man who very simply opens his home up for me. I still hear the sounds of another man in the house. He was talking about the global economy, but the man seemed to just ignore him.

“Hello” I take short steps past him and into the house. I stop a moment to watch the cat slowly walk up to me. There’s a moment that I stand there watching him before I kneel, holding out a hand in hopefully acceptance of one another. The cat was beautiful, that’s for sure.

“I don’t mean to intrude… I hear you have company, I can go if you’d like” I pull myself up after rubbing over the white fur a few times, the thick purrs rising through the room. I look to the man before looking around. It seemed to be a nice place. “I just wanted to make sure you got your jacket back” I smile, beginning to pull off the soaked grey cloth.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Sat May 25, 2013 12:36 pm

"The only company i have over tonight is you. Blanc seems to like you well enough.." I close the door softly before walking down the hall. "You ar welcome to help yourself to anything you'd like. The bathroom is the second door on the right if you would like a shower, and i can supply a change of clothes." At the doorway to the kitchen i turn back to the woman. "My name is Alan, but you may call me by whatever name you wish. Make yourself at home.

After my brief introduction i enter the kitchen and promptly begin making dinner for the two of us. Setting a pot of water on the stove to heat i begin cutting vegetables for soup. Every now and then i glance towards to doorway wondering what the woman is doing as i hear no sounds coming from anywhere in the house.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat May 25, 2013 1:51 pm

It seemed a little strange that the man would accept such a stranger so easily. Maybe it was for the same reason that I had accepted such charity that he offered it. Either that or I was just very lucky. I didn’t seem too lucky. For the past few years my life had just been turmoil of unluckiness.

He offered me a change of clothes and a bathroom. I smiled quietly, knowing that maybe, if I was a little lucky, this house would have running water. It did seem to have electricity, which was just starting to be routed and powered in 1909 about. It would be a cold water shower, simply because the temperature outside had dropped, but that would be better than nothing.

He turns quietly and starts back toward the kitchen. I’m not sure exactly where he disappeared off to, but my curiosity was more pointed toward the sound of the other voice in the room. I assumed it would be the living room, since at the moment; I was in the living room. I took a moment looking around before taking slow steps farther into the home.

I only make it a few steps into the next room before I stop, my eyes catching on something that made me yelp quietly. A man was inside some sort of box. I watched it a moment, as he seemed to talk through the screen. It looked like a picture show that they used to show at some of the show theatres. I had only been to one myself, but this was a little different. They spoke and were colorful! I take slow steps forward, watching it another moment before pulling my dress up and sitting on my knees. There was a chair for sitting, but I was far too wet. Instead, I sat on my knees directly infront of this device. I wasn’t even sure what you called it!

“Magic” I whisper the word to myself, placing a hand on the screen. I hear a purring beside me that calls me away from the screen a moment. The beautiful white cat is sitting there, watching me. It’s almost like it knows I’m not meant to be here. I watch it another moment before it stalks over, and I begin petting it, looking back to the screen in pure awe.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Sat May 25, 2013 2:54 pm

After dumping everything in the pot i decide to check on my guest. Considering the bathroom door is open i decide to check the living room. As i step in the doorway i notice the woman sitting infront of the tv with Blanc relaxing lazily next to her as she pets him. I leave her there i go in my room and start looking for soethings that would fit her as best as possible. A few minutes pass before i find some pajama bottoms and a shirt to go with them. As an after thought i pull a pair of boxers out and lay everything on the bed. With that in place i go and take my work suit from the tub and proceed to my laundry room where i toss everything in the dryer.

I return to the living room and almost laugh at the sight of the woman staring enraptured at the tv. I lean on the walls edge watching the news with mild interest as the reporter drones on about some event taking place in some distant country. "You dont have a tv of your own do you? Ive laid some clothes out on the bed in my room whenever you want to change. Dinner is started too. If there is anything else you need dont be afraid to ask."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sat May 25, 2013 3:40 pm

I watched quietly for what seemed like forever. I wanted to take in as much information about this world as I could. Each new thing I learned seemed to trump the next. I don’t know how to react as I watch. Killings, murders, kidnappings. Of course, you had that in anytime you had a society, but this was off the charts. I cleared my throat, looking down to blanc a moment.

I jump as I hear a voice from behind me, almost throwing Blanc from where he’s come to rest. I turn around, my cheeks flushing. Now I would have to come up with a very good explanation as to why I’ve never seen one of these things (a ‘TV’ he called it?) before.

“Where I come from, you’re lucky if you’ve got running water that’s clean” I smile quietly, pulling myself off the floor. I wasn’t particularly lying. As much as it was called for most of the time, I did not like lying to people. It just didn’t feel right. I take a few steps toward him before letting my gaze fall.

“You’ve done much more than enough, Alan, thank you” I give him a nod in thanks before turning around to look at the Tv again. A silence crept across the room for a moment before I forced myself to break it.

“Do you think I’ll have enough time to shower?”
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Sun May 26, 2013 10:10 am

"You are most welcome. Yes you have enough time for a shower before dinner is finished." Watching blanc i nearly laugh seeing him curled up where this woman was just sitting a moment ago. "you seem to have a new friend stranger." I point to where my cat is napping and smile. "If you dont mind, over dinner i'd like to learn more about you and why you were sitting on the sidewalk earlier."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun May 26, 2013 10:39 am

It was a relief I would be able to get out of these wet cold clothes. Of course, it would be a discomfort at the same time. What a scandal I was! Taking a shower and changing in a stranger—a man’s house like this! It was obvious that I would be here overnight, which could lead to him asking questions about me, I didn’t want that. I couldn’t have that, I hadn’t thought of any explanation as to why I was in the street or anything.

He speaks of his cat and I look over, giggling quietly. The cat had curled up in the warm spot where I had sat, apparently waiting for me. It was strange how the cat liked me so. It seemed all too friendly, and I wasn’t sure how exactly I should respond, animals had never liked me before.

“I’m sure she just likes the attention”
    I smile turning back towards the man who is still standing there, looking in-between me and his feline companion. By the time I get my eyes set back on him, he’s already talking of ‘learning more about me’. I have to force myself to keep a straight face, to not freak out. If it was anything, it was the one thing I didn’t want happening. I was very obvious, however that I would have to give him some kind of answers since he put me up in his house. I give him a smile, taking in a slow shaky breath.

“Well then it looks like I need to hurry and freshen up. If you’ll excuse me.” I give a small curtsey, “Your lordshi-“ I stop, mid-sentence, my cheeks flushing red. Some things you just can’t stop doing some of the time. I give him a smile, a half nod, before turning and rushing quickly out of the room, and down the hallway.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Sun May 26, 2013 11:59 am

I watch her go out of the room trying to hide her.. embarrassment? I chalk her slip of tounge as the local custom of wherever she is from. Setting the thought to the side i brush blanc as i relax to catch the last of the news, using it as a timer for the potato and celery soup and wondering wether i should add chicken to it. While i ponder the idea my thoughts slip back to my guest. I wonder what sort of things she likes and dislikes, and more importantly where she came from. I make note to inquire on that regard and accept whatever answers she provides as truth until proven otherwise.

As the news ends i enter the kitchen once again and start working on the chicken. Since its raining outside i use the burner on the stove as a makeshift grill. Once the chicken is cooked properly i cut it into chunks and finish the soup. I pull out a couple bowls, silverware, and a light wine to complement the meal. After setting the table i return to my seat and start browsing through the channels searching for something to watch that my guest wont be shocked or offended by.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun May 26, 2013 12:50 pm

My steps seem to echo in the hallway as I make my way down it. I look into each doorway, trying to get a better feel of the house. He said that my new clothing was in his bedroom, which I would now have to find in this large massing of house.

The more I looked onward, the more my mind seemed to drift from my clothing, to the lie I was going to tell. Of course, I could always use the lie that had been pretty much made up for me by the people that found me, wandering the streets, half insane, in 1910. I had come a long way from that point. From then, I wasn’t sure where exactly I was going to do, where I was; I wasn’t sure of anything.

I remembered it clearly, as the man walked up to me, asking if I was alright. He asked, trying to crack a joke, if I had come out of a renaissance fair. At the time I wasn’t sure what he was talking about, and just agreed with him, for sake of my sanity.

“Maybe…” I trail off in my thoughts as I walk into one of the rooms next to the bathroom. I look to see that he’s set out a few things for me. Not bothering to look at them, I just pick them up, and walk to the bathroom, which I remember him telling me is the next door over.

I am fast at locking the door and pulling the dress off. It lands with a soggy slap on the ground at my feet. I step quietly out of it, un-clasping the clasps on my corset. It was wet as well. I hung it over the sink in an attempt to dry. I take the extra money I had hidden in my corset, placing it on the counter beside it for later. My long undergarment that clung to my legs was in just as bad a shape. Now that I was without corset, I could more easily lean down to take off my shoes, which I did quickly before taking off the under-trousers. I don’t take much time to think, I’ve pretty much figured out what I’m going to tell him. I don’t have to worry about that anymore, not for a while at least. So now, I walk to the shower, trying to figure out how to turn on this shower. There are two knobs, which are easy enough to identify, but I’m not sure what they mean. One has an ‘H’ on it, the other a ‘C’. I look at it a moment before turning the H knob. After a few moments, the water coming out of the spout is steaming. I giggle in delight. What an exciting contraption! Hot water! I giggle again, unable to control myself. This shower would be fantastic.

I try not to take too long in the shower, but the warmth of the water is calming and helps get the chills out. Overall, I probably take thirty minutes in the shower before I’m out and drying off.

“That was an experience” I giggle, walking over to the clothing that had been set out for me. I look them over a moment.
    Of course, being a male he wouldn’t have a corset for me to wear, I would have to go without. Oh another thing I wasn’t used to. I sigh quietly, taking in a deep breath, pulling on the clothes, one at a time. The pants and shirt are rather big on me, but I use the drawstrings to cinch the pants up so they’ll fit a little better. When I’m done, I pick up the money I’ve placed on the sink, shoving it in one of the pants pockets.

Next I’m out of the door and down the stairs, looking around for Alan.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Sun May 26, 2013 1:24 pm

During a commercial i get up to check on our dinner hopeing it didnt burn as i got wrapped up in some show on abc family. As i step into the hall i check to see if my guest is out of her shower and get shocked by the sight before me. Of course i had thought she was good looking even soaked completely through, but the sight of her standing on the stairs startles me. Squeezing my fist tightly i break my staring and smile. "Feeling better? I was just checking on our dinner. It should be done if you are hungry."

I walk into the kitchen and quickly check the pot, relieved that the soup isnt burnt. I pull a ladle out and fill one of the bowls with a generous serving before setting it down and pouring myself some wine. I take my usual place at the table sitting where i can watch the rain through the window. The street lamp casts a orange glow over everything creating an oddly calming scene outside.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun May 26, 2013 10:53 pm

I try to hurry out of the bathroom and down the hallway. Once I make it to the stares, I take my time, knowing just how clumsy I can be. I stop a few steps down, catching sight of the man I’m looking for at the foot of the stairs. I give him a shy smile, pulling a hand behind my neck and using the other to lean on this banister. I watch him a moment, about to ask if dinner was ready when he seems to force himself out of some sort of thought he was having. He smiles, and I look down the steps, taking them slowly, one at a time. It didn’t feel right taking his clothes (The set looks like this) and eating here too, but I couldn’t deny that I was hungry.

“It’s been ages since I’ve eaten.”
    I hum quietly, making it to the first floor. He turns and walks to out of the hallway, through a doorway, and out of sight. I’m inclined to follow him, assuming that this is where the kitchen is. I can’t deny that I’m excited to arrive and see what new things have been invented. When I arrive in the kitchen, he is at the stove, pouring a bowl of soup it seems to be. I hum quietly; I needed something to further warm me up.

“It smells wonderful!”
    I giggle, taking silent steps across the cold tile floor to the stove. Looking quietly into the pot, I smile, taking in another deep breath of the hot steam.

"I would be delighted to have some, Mister...Alan"
    I laugh quietly, turning back towards him to look. I felt inclined to address him as someone older, it seemed natural, seeing how I was in his house.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Sun May 26, 2013 11:08 pm

"You dont need to call me mister or anything. It makes me feel old, and im barely in my twenties." i sip my wine waiting for my soup to cool alittle and start trying to come up with the best way to phrase the questions in my head. I test the temperature of my bowl and begin eating after a moment. "So, im not very good talking to people when i dont know their name.. is it alright of me to ask for yours?"
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun May 26, 2013 11:24 pm

I look over the counter a moment before spotting the empty bowl and spoon that had been set out for me. I take a moment before dipping the ladle in the soup and pouring it into the bowl. I don’t want to be greedy, and I doubt I’ll be able to eat much, so I only half-way fill my bowl.

It was good to know that he was only a little bit older than me. It wasn’t that he looked old, but you never knew with people. When I turn around, my cheeks a light rosy color from the heat of the steam. I take slow, careful steps back to the table, setting down the bowl.

“Oh, How rude of me! It completely slipped my mind.” My exclamation is soft as I look at him, shaking my head. I had completely forgotten that he didn’t know even my name. I quietly take a seat, bringing a hand out across the table.

“ My name is Mira, Mira La’Mar” I smile wide, trying to at least make myself a little presentable in the situation I was placed in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:48 pm