Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

2 posters

The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith]

Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith] - Page 2 Empty The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith]

Post by Faith Wynters Thu May 23, 2013 10:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Life is how you’ve always remembered it. You really can’t remember it any other way than this. You wake up in a silent house, empty of all life accept your own and a cat named Blanc. You go straight into a boss yelling at you after the same old oatmeal. You come straight home after a long day of making presentations and making your boss look good. You eat alone at your kitchen table, usually having a sandwich or a soup of some sort. Then it’s off to bed, only to wake up and repeat the process all over again.

Then one day, something in your life changes. You find a girl, sitting in the middle of the sidewalk at the peak out of pedestrian traffic. You’re on your way home from work once again, and you’re tired and ready to put your feet up. People push past this mysterious girl, most step on her, or even trip completely over her. They all glare at her though, as if she’s scum of the earth. She simply watches them walk past like a deer in headlights.

They all pass her by, accept you. You’ve never seen this girl around down before. Of course, the town’s pretty big so that’s understandable. Yes, when you see her, something in your mind clicks. Something about the girl draws you closer and closer to her. Your curiosity of such an even had grown tremendously. What was this girl doing here in the middle of the sidewalk? Why does her clothing seem to be from a different time period, as if from a hundred years or so ago? The same attraction happens when the girl sees you, but for a reason far differently. What will you do with this mysterious girl? Take her home, or leave her to be stepped on by passersby?
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith]

Post by Wraith Sun May 26, 2013 11:50 pm

"Its a pleasure to meet you Mira. If im not mistaken your family name is French right?" After a few bites i decide to go ahead with my next question. "i know this isnt all that polite, but i was wondering how old you might be.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ravaged Guardian [Wraith/Faith]

Post by Faith Wynters Sun May 26, 2013 11:59 pm

This man seemed to know at least a little about his lineage families. We were very important after all. I had been in the history text books! I smiled quietly, dipping my spoon into the soup, I blow on it a moment, nodding my head.

“Yes, Sir, the name is of French origin.” I nod quietly. He had asked a second question, but I took a time of pause to take in the soup that was on my spoon. He was asking for an age, which could be a very dangerous topic.

“I am seventeen; I’ll be eighteen in…” I trail off a moment before continuing, “what is the date actually?” I could have been any age I wanted to. Just pick one and I could have very easily been such, but I had a big problem with lying. I was already having to do it enough; there was no need to add to the pot. I give a quiet laugh as if it’s nothing that I don’t know the date. “With all this traveling, I’ve lost track of time.”
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Mon May 27, 2013 3:43 am

"Today is the fifteenth of April, 2013." i reply nonchalantly before taking another sip of my wine. Judging from her age i assume shes just finished school and is taking a break before looking for a job. My curiosity burns at me to ask the most puzzling question. Eating another spoonful of soup i peice my question together carefully. "You mention you were traveling recently. Were you with someone? The only reason i ask is because you dont have anything associated with travel. If you had anything stolen from you we can file a report with the police.. "
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue May 28, 2013 6:51 pm

My eyes widen slightly; I didn’t think I would be so far away from the time period I came from. Over one hundred years ago, I was being attacked in the alleyway next to that theatre. I smiled quietly, looking up to the man. I had to keep the disbelief off my face.

“Time flies”
    I mutter quietly before dipping my head slightly to take the spoon into my mouth once more. By the time my spook hits the bowl again; he’s already pieced together another question and is looking at me, expecting an answer. No matter what happened, I didn’t want to bring the police into this. There was no telling what kind of documentation they had on all the people in the country. I had no birth certificate, no nothing. I was a ghost living in the world.

“Yes, I was traveling, but nothing’s been stolen.” I take a moment, trying to run over my excuses in my head. “I’m an orphan. I’ve been traveling since I was six-teen. I don’t have a lot, and what I did have, it took getting here. I traded most of my possessions for rides here and there. I’m an actress. Well, sort of. I traveled with a freak show once, danced for the circus…” I smile, acting as if I was reminiscing on some sort of long lost memory that was sweet.

“I came here because I was told that there was an opening for a play; a big one based on an Opium Dame tryin’ ta get clean. I was going to audition, but it turns out that there wasn’t an actual play…” I frown slightly, shaking my head. I had become very good a lying. I had done it often enough nowadays anyway. I hoped that would be a good enough answer for him.

ooc- Sorry about yesterday, went to the lake with some friends for memorial day.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Tue May 28, 2013 10:59 pm

"Thats your decision i guess.. tomorrow im off work if you want to go shoping or something." I stand up finishing my wine and put my dishes in the sink to be taken care of once she was finished eating. "once you are finished eating you can put the dishes in the sink. Ill take care of it before i go to sleep."

I walk out of the doorway as blanc walks in without either of us noticing. He goes under the table and jumps up in Mira's lap searching for attention. Going past the linen closet on my way to the living room i grab myself a blanket for the night. Setting it on the end if the couch i take a seat processing what i had just been told not ten minutes ago.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed May 29, 2013 11:14 am

I could only assume that he didn’t know how to react to what I had said. I watch as he stands, finishing off his drink, and walking, slowly to put his things in the sink. I wasn’t particularly sure if he was trying to wrap his head around the whole idea, or if he knew I was lying and was simply trying to ignore such a fact.

“Thanks” I’m sure if he hears me, my voice, breathless in waiting. I don’t know what I should do about his reaction. It was strange how he had no more questions. I shake my head, taking in a slow, deep, breath. I was pretty much finished with the soup in my bowl, taking the last little bit in the spoon and eating it.

I jump a little when I feel something jump into my lap. I look down to see that it’s only Blanc, in need for attention. I watch him a moment as he looks at me, as if he knows everything. His eyes peer through me almost and I sigh, beginning to rub his fur for a moment.
    “You know more than you’re telling me, pussy cat” I mutter the words quietly as I rub him with a smile. I sit there a few more moments, loving on the animal before I point to the ground.
    “Go on, get down.” It only takes her a moment before she’s up and jumping off of me. I hum quietly, smiling as I get up, picking up my bowl, and walking it to the sink.

“If he thinks that I’ll leave these dishes here, he’s got another thing coming” I smile quietly, beginning to fill up part of the sink with water so I could clean them myself.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Wed May 29, 2013 12:59 pm

YYI get up quietly hearing the water run in the next room over and decide to investigate, a part of me already knowing whats going on inside the kitchen. As i turn into the doorway my suspicion rings true, as sure enough Mira is starting the dishes. I clear my throat softly in an attempt not to startle her as i approach from behind.

Getting to the counter without her so much as glancing towards me i pull open the drawer holding all my dish towels and close it. A dull, hollow thud echos ove the sound of rushing water. Tossing the towel on my shoulder i tap hers gently. "You dont have to do the dishes. You should relax since you've been through alot today."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed May 29, 2013 1:29 pm

The sound of rushing water was soothing as I watch. It was warm, just like the water in the shower. I smile down at the sudsy water, before looking up to the window that was above the sink. It was still raining outside, but it wasn’t as hard. It was a simple sprinkle that continued. I heard the sound of him clearing his throat behind me. I smile quietly, grabbing the sponge and beginning to wash.

“I know I don’t have to, but I will. I will repay you for your kindness, Mr. Allen, even if it does take a lot of small things like this” I continue to wash, making very quick work of the dishes. I had been doing this for some time. When you had to do anything you could for work, washing dishes had become a fall back.

“You should relax. You have been working all day; I have not.”

Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Wed May 29, 2013 2:05 pm

"You dont have to repay me for anything. And please dont call me mister, i am not much older then you are." I take the drying dishes and finish wiping them. Once the sink is cleared i put everything away and pull out a plastic bowl to put the left overs in. Once the pan is empty i hold out my hand like a parent waiting for a child to give up whatever they werent supposed to have.

"Mira, you are a guest. Please hand me the sponge and go relax please? I can take care of everything just fine as ive been doing it for the past few years."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Wed May 29, 2013 3:21 pm

The man seemed to think that I was just going to hand over the sponge. I smirk quietly, taking a few steps toward him. The sponge was in hand as the pot was in his. I smirk; he had no idea how stubborn I was.

“I think I’ll keep it, thanks”
    I pull the pot from his hands, turning around and rushing away before he can stop me. I look back a moment before placing it in the water and beginning to scrub. “You’ll come to learn that I am stubborn as a mule, Alan”
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Wed May 29, 2013 7:12 pm

"Well.. if you insist i suppose i wont argue. If it makes you happy then knock yourself out. " i lean against the counter until she is finished and dry the pot before putting it up. "Tomorrow i have the day off. Perhaps you would like to go shopping?"
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu May 30, 2013 11:12 am

He wasn’t going to deny a lady, it seemed. That was good; I didn’t want to argue with him. I was right, and that was that. I needed to repay him whether he thought I needed to or not. So, I took the pot, cleaned it quickly, and handed it over for him to dry. I smile, leaning against the side of the sink.

He gives me the offer to go shopping and I sigh. I heard him the first time; I just didn’t want to take him up on the offer. Yes, I needed new clothes, but I didn’t want him to spend his money on it. I doubted that my few dollars would be worth anything.

I reach quietly into the waistband of the pants, taking out the bills and looking them over. I smile, placing them on the counter.

“That’s the money I’ve got to go shopping. If that doesn’t pay for it, then I don’t want to go” I place my other hand on my hip, watching him silently.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Thu May 30, 2013 11:33 am

"You are one stubborn young lady, you know that?" I smile kindly and keep my thoughts to myself. I watch her a moment wondering if she is reading my intentions about tomorrow or not. After deciding that im safe for the moment i head back into the living room.

The movie i had been watching ended after afew moments. Assuming Mira followed me out of the kitchen grab the romote and open the guide. "You want to look for something to watch? Before you tell me to pick im going to warn you that you probably wont like it.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu May 30, 2013 12:19 pm

He smiles at me, realizing that I’m not going to let him pay for me. I was a grown woman. I could, very easily, find a job someplace to work for money. Besides, I was sure there was a thrift store somewhere in this town that I could get clothes at for cheap.

I take a few moments, watching as he turns to leave. Well, he wasn’t quite the person I had expected when he first walked up to me, but he was something. I smirk, taking slow steps out of the kitchen and back to the talking picture show that was on. It was still on the news, but the remote was in hand. I watch a moment before he questions as to something I would like to watch.

“Well, I’ve always loved a good history show” I smile, hoping that something might be on that could tell me what had happened in the past hundred years. I needed to soak up enough information to get me by.

I walk quietly around the couch, taking a seat. After a moment, I pull my feet up, curling into a nice warm ball.
    “I’m fine with whatever if you don’t want to watch history though” I smile, looking back to the television screen. It was crazy! He expected me to use one of those things!
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Thu May 30, 2013 12:48 pm

I switch channels quickly as the history channel was one of my favorites. They are playing some show about about the french revolution up to the present. Noting how long it is i set the show to recording to finish later as i would undoubtly fall asleep at some point.

I catch blanc watching the two of us for a moment before jumping onto the couch between us. Before i get too comfortable i turn on the lamp at my endbefore turning off the fan fixtures light. Once that is settled i take my seat and allow myself to fully relax from work.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu May 30, 2013 1:21 pm

I smiled in gratitude as I watched the show. It was a good thing he picked what he had. I was lucky. The show started in a time period that I did know and ended in an area that was unfamiliar to me. This would help me get a grip on society. It would help me see exactly what all happened between now and 1910. I muttered a quiet thanks and I enveloped myself further into the show. I would probably stay up all night watching this, but I watched as the man pushed some button that made the TV. record the show. Now I could watch it as many times as I wanted!
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Thu May 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Partway throught the show i curl up under the blanket i had pulled out earlier and huddle into a ball beneath it. Using one of the throw pillows i watch the show through heavy eyelids. A commercial comes on after a few moments, during which time i decide to rest my eyes until the show comes back on. A couple minutes later i am fully asleep and snoring softly.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:23 pm

I continue to watch, even though I can tell the man is either asleep or about to be. It doesn’t bother me, I’m sure that he has had a long day. Of course, I’ve been awake more than a day, but the history of this place is important. I need to know exactly where I am. I need to be aware.

As much resolve as I have, it doesn’t seem to be enough. I get through most of it; there’s only about twenty years left of the show before I can no longer keep my eyes open in the darkness of the room. Sleep overpowers me. I cannot do anything about it. If I don’t rest, I know I could start hallucinating. I curl up into a ball, the warmth of my body keeping me warm. Soon, my eyes close just as the man’s had more than an hour before. I take in a deep breath as sleep fills my body and I fall into my dreams.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:28 am

Around six oclock i wake up faintly hearing my alarm from my room. Sitting up straight i rub the sleep from my eyes and see Mira laying on the other end of the couch asleep. After stretching out i drape the blanket i had been using and head into the bathroom to shave. As i step in i notice Miras clothes laying all over. After moving her corset from the sink i quickly finish my morning ritual and start straightening up. Once i pick up all her things i take them to the laundry and place them into the wash starting the machine with our clothes i leave the room to begin on breakfast.

In the kitchen i decide on making eggs and bacon. Once i pull everything out i slice some ham bits to put in the eggs and turn on the burner. Mixing some cheese with the ham i ad it to the bowl of eggs and begin scrambleing them in the pan. Once the eggs are done i start the bacon frying and check the washer to find it is done. I transfer everything into the dryer and go back to breakfast. Once its finished i pull the bacon off and fix up two plates. Setting them on the table i go to into the livingroom and try to gently wake her.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:42 pm

Once again a dreamless sleep washed over me. I was hoping for something in my dreams; a sign of some sort that would alert me to what I needed to do next. God would hopefully find me the path that I needed to follow; I needed to fufil my destiny.

I take in a deep breath as my eyes open. It was hard waking up normally, but the smell of food aroused me from my slumber before I had the chance to reject. I had curled myself into a ball sometime during the night, and acquired a blanket as well. It looked to be the blanket that I had seen just on the other end of the couch the night before.

Dark circles curved beneath my eyes as I tried to waken myself more. I gave a great yawn, sitting up on the chair. I look around the room to see no one but Blanc, sitting near where my feet had been, watching me silently. I reach forward, scratching his head a moment before pulling myself to my feet and stumbling towards the smells.

When I make it back into the kitchen, I hear the quiet crackle of grease in a pan. I smile, watching silently as the man, with his back turned, cooked breakfast.

“I would have cooked for us sir; you didn’t have to wake up so early to beat me to it.” I speak quietly from the doorway, not sure what else to say. I felt like I should have been the one preparing the meal.
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:45 am

[color:4c73=#orange]"Like i told you lastnight, i've lived on my own for a while now, so cooking meals isn't a big problem to me. as far as waking up early, well that happens when someone goes to bed early. Finishing with the cleanup of the stove and putting the dishes in the sink i turn around smiling. [color:4c73=#orange]"go ahead and sit, help yourself. there is plenty for the two of us, and blanc should he want any. grabbing the glasses of orange juice i had been pouring i take them over to the table and set them down before pulling out a chair for my guest.

[color:4c73=#orange]"forgive me if this bothers you, but i took your clothes from yesterday and ran them through the washer. they should be done drying by the time you finish eating."
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:11 pm

I can’t help but do what he says when he tells me to. I turn, walking quietly to the table. I look over the table before sitting down quietly. I look to him as he walks over to the table with juice. I smile, resting my hands in my lap. What he says confuses me.

“Washer?” I question. The words slip before I can stop myself. I look down to the ground, sad. I forced the hair behind my ear. “We don’t have washers where I come from.”
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:09 pm

"I suspect there are a vast number of things you dont have where you are from. Either way, its time you learn about what is here in the so-called 'real' world." As i take my seat i set a glass down for Mira. Blanc struts in through the doorway and stalks over towards the table while testing the aromas mixed together from breakfast. Apparently satisfied he continues over to sit beside Mira's leg casually.
    Faith Wynters
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:12 pm

"I know how to use a washing board. That's all I need." I smile, shrugging. I take a sip of the juice once I pour some into a glass. I smile humming quietly as I take a napkin to our my lips. I feel the cool, soft fur brushing against my leg. I smoke, looking down to the cat that has made itself comfortable on my feet. I giggle quietly, taking another drink of the juice.

"You should let me cook you dinner." I take a bite of a strip of bacon. "I need to repay you for your kindness somehow"
    Wraith
    Wraith
    Headlight

Post by Wraith Fri May 23, 2014 3:23 am

"It's not often that i have guests over, let alone one who want to cook for me.." Finishing my plate change the conversation quickly while giving the rest of a strip of bacon to Blanc. "I have to do some grocery shopping while we are out getting you clothes anyway, so we can get anything you need for dinner tonight."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:37 pm