Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

Power Struggle [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim]

Poll

Rate it if you're following it up.

[ 0 ]
    Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 7 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 7 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 7 I_vote_lcap33%Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 7 I_vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 7 I_vote_lcap67%Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 7 I_vote_rcap [67%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Anonymous

Read Me Power Struggle [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim]

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Think of me. Think of me fondly once we say goodbye. Remember me once in a while please promise me you'll try. And if you find that once again you wish to take your heart back and be free, if you ever find a moment, spare a thought for me.

~Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Mad Madam Mim on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Read Me Re: Power Struggle [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim]

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:14 pm

"Likewise, lawyer," Lily returned evenly and with not as much venom as she would have used earlier in the night. "And I wasn't judging a book by its cover, but by its summary. Actions do, after all, speak more loudly than words." She, too, got up and noticed him wince. "Take something without Aspirin in it; that'd make it worse," she advised. "And chamomile is good for sleep." She adjusted the borrowed shirt. "I suppose I'll see you in the morning, then?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Devon nodded. "Sweet dreams librarian." He searched in his coat closet for some sheets he had stored there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Lily padded into the bedroom and slid into the bed, sighing. This time two days ago seemed like years now. Hell, yesterday morning seemed like it had been ages.

Cuddling the pillow and burying her face in it, she was disturbed to find that once she'd caught the scent of the pillows owner, she couldn't help breathing more deeply. For her own benefit, she insisted it was because Devon probably hadn't washed the sheets for a month and it was just a place to stay.

Still, she couldn't quite get over how comfortable, even inviting her to spend the night there...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Devon fixed his couch up with the sheets in order to sleep. He laid down and watched the ceiling thinking about today. He was happy to have his daughter sleeping under his roof. As for the librarian, it was for her protection, but he felt he spoke too much maybe. Slowly his eyelids grew heavy and when he least expected he was out.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:31 pm

It was morning before Lily knew it. Breathing in deep the scent of what she'd long ago admitted to herself were clean linnens, she grudgingly opened her eyes...then closed them again. 5:30 am. It was still dark out. No way she was moving, not at this hour...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:07 am

Devon's watch was already programed to beep at 5:30 am. As he streched he had forgotten all about his bruises. Pain replaced the early morning laziness. "Arrgh." He winced and grumbled, but managed to get up and head for the guest bathroom. Then he prepared some tea leaves to brew and took out necessary ingredients for Lily to prepare her tea.
    Once that was out of the way he put on some shoes he had in the closet and went for the store.
    Minutes later he was back at his apartment stocked with groceries. Quickly he started to prepare omlette's. He chopped away veggies, parsley, cilantro and garlic, he took out the pepperoni and sliced cheddar cheese. He could already hear Abby moving around getting ready.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:27 am

At a quarter til six, Lily groaned in defeat. She couldn't get back to sleep, and she'd have been waking up in half an hour anyway. Pushing herself up, she rolled out of bed and sat on the edge for a minute, trying to get an idea of her surroundings. Rubbing her eyes, she came out into the living room still in the borrowed shirt and shorts.

"Smells wonderful," she mumbled sleepily, pushing a stray bit of hair from her face. She looked a weck, but she didn't care; she was starving.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:36 am

Abby came out of her room all preped. "Oh Daddy! Omelette!" She squeaked. She loved his cooking.
    "Morning ladies." Devon smirked and started laying the table meanwhile he allowed the omelette to cook. "The tea should be done by now." He said to Lily then asked them both, " How was you're sleep?" He flipped the omelette and quickly made the other to set both on the table and served then OJ.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:43 am

"Oh! Thank you," Lily said, surprised, as she started to doctor up her tea. She hadn't expected him to make it for her. "I slept very well, thanks. Better than the past few days, anyway. Oh, thank you," she added as he poured her some orange juice. "And how did you sleep?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:20 am

"Best soundless sleep!" Abby said as she digged into her omelette greedily.
    "Me well..." He chucked. Maybe on a non painless situation he'd sleep like a baby, "It was good." He finished making his omelette and sat down to eat.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:28 am

Casting a glance at the lawyer's daughter, Lily thought it best not to bring up his injuries overtly.

"Did you follow my advice?" she asked quietly, referring to her suggestion of aspirin and chamomile. Her discreet way of asking how he was feeling, she supposed...but three seconds after that thought crossed her mind, she wondered why she was beginning to care.
    Well nobody's that heartless... she thought to herself. Still, there was something there which hadn't been the previous morning.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:47 am

Devon literally swallowed down his omlette. "Umm no." He smirked setting his plate aside. Abby was used to her dad's eating speed. "Got to clean up." He went to his room to shower.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Lily pursed her lips a little, but said nothing.

"Hungry much?" she said, raising her eyebrows before he went to shower. She finished her breakfast at a normal speed and helped Abby with the dishes.

"Suppose I should go get ready, huh?" she said to Abby before smiling and going to retrieve her belongings from the car.

Dragging her bag into Devon's room, she rifled through it before finding what she wanted. Forgetting that Devon was in his own bathroom, not the guest one, she began pulling off the borrowed clothes to get ready for the day.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:13 pm

Devon stepped out of the bathroom dripping wet and towel wrapped around his waist. He was getting his suit before his face flushed red and he hastly turned around. "I'm so sorry I umm..."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Not having heard him come out of the bathroom and with her back to the door, Lily screamed a little and spun around as she heard his voice. Clutching her dress to her body,the librarian blushed furiously.

"Well I uh...we're in a bit of a mess aren't we?" she said timidly. Neither of us could exactly walk out into the living room half-naked..." She adjusted her slipping bra strap and blushed even deeper.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:31 pm

"I'll umm be quick. I just need to get clothing from the um closet." Devon said exactly what he said and strode back into his bathroom feeling awkward and quite ridiculous for actually blushing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Lily quickly pulled her dress on as soon as his bathroom door was closed. After wrestling with the pantyhose for a few minutes, she grabbed her bag and headed out to the living room, still red with embarrassment. She slipped her shoes on and sat down awkwardly on the couch.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Abby had notices Lily's expression on her face and giggled. She sat on the couch next to her as she waited for her father.

He put his colonge on, wore a live blue long sleeve buttoned shirt, wine red tie, black vest and a grey suit. He stepped out of the bathroom in relief she was gone. He wouldn't forget that slight glimpse that he had of her body. He could bet her milky soft skin was soft...He rolled his eyes at himself. "I'm a guy aren't I? It's jurisdictionally legal and normal." He said to himself. He stepped out of his room got his briefcase. "Ready ladies?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:25 pm

"What?" Lily asked in a teasing tone, though her intent was far from teasing. Abby wasn't little nor was she stupid; the librarian wanted to know what she'd gleaned from her expression.

As they sat in silence, however, Lily couldn't keep from thinking about the lawyer. She'd always thought they were pasty, untoned pencil pushers. Devon's chest, however, had been well-toned and...well...attractive.

No, she thought forcefully. I am NOT attracted to him! She continued, most likely in vain, to tell herself this until he emerged from his bedroom. She stood quickly and grabbed her bag, clearing her throat.

"Yeah I um...I'm ready." She looked at the lawyer's daughter. "You ready, Abby?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Abby nodded, took the car keys from the counter and ran off.

Devon smirked, "Isn't she thrilled to go to school." He looked at Lily, "So...Shall we?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:03 pm

"I liked school, too," she smiled. "But no surprises there, I guess. Yes, let's." As she walked out to the car with him, she twisted her fingers again. "So what's going on with today? Am I just hanging out in your office or what?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Abby was in the cae waiting. He opened the door for Lily. "You sticking with me." Waited for her to get in to close the door and get behind the wheel.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Lily nodded and slid into the car. The ride to Abby's school was fairly quiet and uneventful. Once she was out of the car, Lily cleared her throat awkwardly.

"I uh...I'm sorry about earlier," she said quietly, glancing at him but generally trying to avoid eye contact. "I had completely forgotten that you were in there. I'm sorry. That was um...a little embarrassing, especially since I'm not really much to look at in the first place..."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:48 pm

Devon said bye to Abby and looked at Lily unbelievably amused once they were alone again and her apologising. She nothing to look at? If he told her he'd wish he'd seen more he'd sure get his head eaten. "It's okay. Really." He drove towards his office reminding himself she's a client, he doesn't bang clients, she gets under his skin and has him get soft, plus she's under bosses protection.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:03 pm

"Okay, thanks." She let out a breath of relief. "I just didn't want things to be awkward between us." After a little bit of silence, the librarian asked, "So what am I to do all day while you do your...lawyery stuff?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:50 pm