Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please see the latest announcement regarding bringing Anonymatrix back to life!

Power Struggle [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim]

Poll

Rate it if you're following it up.

[ 0 ]
    Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 8 I_vote_lcap0%Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 8 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 8 I_vote_lcap0%Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 8 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 8 I_vote_lcap33%Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 8 I_vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 8 I_vote_lcap67%Power Struggle  [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim] - Page 8 I_vote_rcap [67%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Anonymous

Read Me Power Struggle [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim]

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Think of me. Think of me fondly once we say goodbye. Remember me once in a while please promise me you'll try. And if you find that once again you wish to take your heart back and be free, if you ever find a moment, spare a thought for me.

~Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Mad Madam Mim on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Read Me Re: Power Struggle [AlcaponxMad Madam Mim]

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:23 pm

"Librarians like to read right? I've got some books you'd enjoy." Finally they arrived. He took his gun hid it behind in his pants and headed to open Lily's door extending his hand.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:37 pm

"I do like to read, thanks." She smiled slightly as he opened the door for her and extended his hand. His change in manner from yesterday did not go unnoticed. "Well thank you," she said again, taking his hand and sliding delicately out of the car. She couldn't help but notice the way her hand fit in his so nicely...

Smoothing out her dress, she closed the door and followed the laywer into the building.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:08 pm

They went up the elevator and reached their floor. Devon stepped out and Alice was already expecting him.
    "Alice!" Devon beamed at her as she hugged him. "I didn't expect you back today after yesterday."
    "It's ok counselor." She smiled and let go of him. "Coffee?"
    He nodded, "And ask if Ms. Lily needs anything." She nodded and greeted Lily with a forced smile. It was odd seeing her arrive so early with the lawyer, especially since yesterday she had himvery oddly irradiated. " Can I get you anything?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:14 pm

Lily couldn't help but roll her eyes at the secretary's embrace with the lawyer.

"No, thank you Alice," she replied with an equally forced but differently motivated smile. "I'll be fine."

She'd noticed Alice's thin-lipped smile, however, and wondered if it wasn't jealousy. Jealous of what? She'd seen Lily and Devon go at it; they weren't exactly bosom buddies. With another quick smile at Alice, the librarian followed Devon into his office.

"So...what now?" she asked, standing awkwardly just inside the door, closing it behind her.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:31 pm

Devon pointed her towards the bookshelf and fixed his chairs that were tossed out of place, his papers scattered with few blood stains on some. "Have fun, and pardon me for this mess..." He picked the office phone. "Alice, send up the cleaning lady please."
    "Right on it counselor."
    "Thank you." He hung up and kept arranging his files.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Lily shrugged.

"I'm easy. Won't hear a peep out of me."

They were mostly law books, but he had a few interesting-looking ones and she chose one of those before settling in a chair in the corner. Over the top of her book, Lily cast a disapproving eye on the mess, the blood everywhere.

"You shouldn't have to go through all this trouble just for me, you know," the librarian said quietly from behind her book, looking at him. "I don't want you or Abby or your ex getting hurt. If any of you are in danger, let me know and I'll disappear I swear. I came from nowhere, I have no problem going right back to it."

This latter part wasn't entirely true. There'd been a reason she'd left her podunk Southern town in the first place, but if it meant the safety of herself and, more importantly, others she wasn't above swallowing her pride to return home.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Devon ignored her seeing a familiar face step into his office. He was just a few inches taller than him, his blonde wavy hair brushed nicely in fashion. His suit was navy blue and a white buttoned shirt. His sparkling blue eyes rested on Lily.
    "Paul to what do I owe this personal visit." Devon asked smiling.
    He turned to face Devon, "I heard about last night. Came to check on both of you."
    "Lily, this my boss, Paul Randell."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Lily slipped her feet back into her shoes, embarrassed, and stood up. She'd slipped her high heels off so she could curl up in the chair without getting it dirty. Smiling, she took a step forward and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Randell," she said politely. "How is it everyone seems to know about me except me...?" she half-joked.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Paul smiled shaking her hand, "Please, just Paul...I'd hate it having my sister call me Mr. Randell."
    Devon's brows shot right up and his jaw dropped. Now that explained the empty gaps.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Lily frowned.

"I'm sorry? Sister? What do you mean?" If he meant what she thought he meant...well, her parents had a lot of explaining to do.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:15 pm

Paul sighed, "Yes. My sister." He pulled out a folder from his coat which showed DNA results and all possible proof. "I was adopted, parents couldn't afford to have me at first." He said bluntly, "Seven years later you came to be."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Taking the file, Lily flipped through it with a hand to her mouth. As she got further through it, she staggered backwards toward the chair and lowered herself gently.

"I...um..." the librarian kept looking from the folder, to Paul, then back to the folder. "I'm not sure what to say. I mean...Momma and Daddy-" She was usually good at hiding her Southern hick roots, but she'd always call her parents the same thing, "-never said anything about having another child. There were no pictures, no ultrasounds, nothing...Why would they hide that from me? And why wouldn't you try to find me before now, especially since we've been living in the same city for God knows how long? How do I know you're not just someone sent by the drug lord to try to gain my trust?" Her eyes narrowed suspiciously.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:14 pm

"He's the druglord Lily." Devon finally spoke after regaining from the shock.
    "I've been watching over you since I was seventeen." Paul explained, "Our parents didn't tell you out of shame that they couldn't keep me. The proofvis there, the ultrasound, a letter by Mom handwriting, apologizing when I was fifteen."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:21 pm

ooc- *dramatic music* DUN DUN DUNNNN!!! *commercial break*

*back from commercial*

Lily jumped to her feet and staggered back towards Devon's desk. She was unarmed, but he wasn't...Nevertheless, she could take care of herself. Slowly, sneakily, she grabbed the letter opener from his desk and kept it out of sight behind the folds of her skirt.

"So you want me dead because you're angry at our parents? That's what this is all about?" she demanded angrily. Why did she have to pay for her parents' sins?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:43 pm

"What?!" Paul's turn to be in shock. Even Devon was startled by her conclution. "Why do you think you have the best lawyer in the state, possibly in several states, be at your defense? What part of I've been watching over you didn't you get?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:50 pm

"'I've been watching over you' can mean several different things," Lily spat. "All I know is that someone--and no one can seem to tell me who--wants me dead, and that I despise bad people. Drug lords generally fall under bad people."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Paul looked down.
    "Umm...I'll leave you two alone for a bit. Got court in an thirty anyways." Devon said as he walked out.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 pm

"What?! No! Dev-" the door closed "-on." Lily sighed and folded her arms, not letting go of the letter opener. It wasn't as sharp as a knife of course, but in a pinch it would do what she needed it to. "Okay, so start talkin. What's your pitch? Why should I believe you, that you're really my brother, these papers aren't forged, and you're not trying to kill me?" She fixed Paul with a supsicious glare, making a mental note to kill Devon when she got the chance for leaving her alone with him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:10 pm

"If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead already, and not in Devon's office." Paul said simply. "The proof is real. You can even as Mom and Dad about our several exchanged emails, mail, calls, and how I've helped them through mortages (-.- 4got howd i spelld(
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:18 pm

ooc- You spelt it right. ;P

"So why now? Why reveal yourself for who you are now and not earlier, or even at all?" Lily asked, not releasing the letter opener. "We've been living in the same city for years. Now suddenly for no reason I'm aware of somebody wants me dead and I have a brother. I want answers." She stared at him hard, making it clear through her expression that she wasn't backing down.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:50 pm

"Would you even want to be related to ME?" His arms spread open, "The druglord?" He dropped his arms and shook his head. "You are with principles, you're clean. You were better off. Ijust kept an eye out just in case. But then you somehow got involved with douche's..and bumped into Dustin..." He sighed, "Then he was murdered and they trying to frame you. I had to come out...Protect you.."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:58 pm

"I don't want to be related to you," Lily spat. "I'd have just like to have known before now, that's all. Kinda a nasty surprise in the middle of all this. So...if they're trying to frame me for Dustin's murder, why are they trying to kill me at the same time? Or is it just they're trying to kill Devon and if I get caught in the crossfire, oh well?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:16 pm

"I'm sorry, I guess someone found out you were my sister or they really scared of Devon doing his job right as usual." Paul said blantly.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:19 pm

"I see..." Lily bit her lip, thinking. "So I mean...what now? I obviously can't go back home, and staying with Devon keeps him and his daughter in danger."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:22 pm

"You are staying with him. I'll have my men and pay cops to keep patrol." Paul looked down, "I never wanted this..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:35 pm